1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Shrine of the Mall Ninja

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by JonSidneyB, Nov 16, 2006.

1. phaserrifle

phaserrifle Loaded Pockets

a couple of years ago, I was the local equivilant of the "budding mall ninja" in your scout troop.
    while I admit I wasn't especialy ninja minded (more of a pirate guy myself) I used to wear full cammo gear, millitary webbing full of survival gear, water and "rations", and carry more knives around than was honestly healthy (while I can see the arguements for carrying multiple knives, one multi-tool, two folders and a sheath knife are overkill at the local scout campsite.) "actionman andrew" "combat collin" and "rambo" where common nicknames.
    but there is a bright side, he may recover, about the point when he realises that girls arn't just slightly strange creatures with longer hair than most boys, and a language and bahaviour all of their own (they are, but that's not the point) but that they are also highly attractive. that's what cured me.

Fukurai likes this.
  2. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

This needs a bump.

3. bigkahuna

bigkahuna Loaded Pockets

What's scary is that I think I live near the Mall that this guy is talkling about. :shocked: Haven't seen any fatigues or body armor there yet. Thoses guys must be really good at camoflage. :idiot2:

4. LivingUpNorth

LivingUpNorth Loaded Pockets

Thank you, o great Mall Ninja for your dedicated service! In the world of entertainment, that is...

That link just brightened my day!

5. Rawls

Rawls Loaded Pockets

Unlike a lot of folks here I have ZERO knowledge about firearms, but even I could see how silly some of his comments were. My favorite line is the reply to his Plan A of getting shot. Even as a total neophyte something tells me getting shot is not a good idea. Just a guess.

He did get one thing right though: "try laughing at the sheep out there who go to the mall unarmed trusting in me to stand guiard over their lives like a God." By the time we actually get to the mall and shopped a little I have slipped into a dangerous condition I call "mall coma" whose single most perilous consequence is my wife spending a little too much at Ann Taylor while I sleep in the clearly designated "man chairs". I could very well be a "sheep" "trusting" "a God" to "stand guiard over my life."

This was hilarious. Paul Blart would be proud.

6. Eeyore

Eeyore Loaded Pockets

Priceless! O0

[​IMG]

7. yam350

yam350 Loaded Pockets

I hope that comes with an instruction manual! :shock:

8. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

That is totally unusable.

9. yam350

yam350 Loaded Pockets

Not totally, it's probably good for weight training.

10. cxrc

cxrc Empty Pockets

"I did a quick tactical reload, grabbed the 870P from the harness on my back, and did some rolls over to the movie theater and back flipped over the concession counter while unloading the 5 rounds of 000 into the skeeball machine."

Hilarious.. but actually sad if you start thinking about what this guy's life is really like.

In a way I am a little envious of these types of people with such a strong raison d'etre. If someone manages to take an entry-level profession and keep themselves motivated and enthusiastic about it day after day - good for them.

11. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I think the kid was actually having a ton of fun with this when he started it. I think he felt that some of the people on gun forums were a little overboard and started messing with them. Then it grew and grew and grew ;D

Idaho Gunslinger likes this.
  12. DozerDog

DozerDog Empty Pockets

"That's what cured me" ????????????????

You are posting here with the rest of us.......You Sir are far from cured !!!!!! :lolhammer:

13. muskrat72

muskrat72 Loaded Pockets

14. muskrat72

muskrat72 Loaded Pockets

I wonder why he didnt mention the mall segway?

[​IMG]

15. muskrat72

muskrat72 Loaded Pockets

Ok, I am done with this one....

[​IMG]

16. yam350

yam350 Loaded Pockets

OK, so I know I'm probably somewhere near the far side of normal but every time I see a Segway, I want to kick it over, smash it to pieces and burn it, does any one else have that problem?
    For me they come in the same classification as the British Sinclair C5 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinclair_C5 which had a similar effect on me.

17. Stutoffee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

No!

Police & Security dont REALLY use these things, do they?

REALLY?? The worlds gone mad!

Id always thought that the little scooters that airport staff whizz around Palma Airport on were a good idea, but c'mon, Security Guards & Police shouldnt be patrolling on blummin' Segways!

18. Lurkr

Lurkr Loaded Pockets

This is NOT a segway - it's a "low-drag rapid response unit: single user" or LDRRU:SU for short.  We use LDRRU:SU to quickly and silently reach any situation necessary, so long as our batteries are charged.

It's a common mistake for civilians to make, but as you know, operators such as ourselves are sticklers for nomenclature.

19. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

:woohoo:
    oh my! I wandered into this thread and just kept laughing

great stuff. really. gotta resume normal breathing now! :lolhammer:

20. dl1000

dl1000 Empty Pockets

Thank you Jon for posting that link. I had always heard the term Mall Ninja but did not know of the artist. All I can say is.... O0 Gecko45