1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Show your knucks!

Discussion in 'Personal Security Devices & Self-Defense' started by Liberteer, May 22, 2014.

1. Bowman1911

Bowman1911 EDC Mechanic

How hard was it to get your NickNuks? I ask because I've been looking for a specific material and have had no luck!

Have gun, Will travel.

Brtsmpsn likes this.
  2. Bowman1911

Bowman1911 EDC Mechanic

Well, I finally found me a NickNuk! Isn't the material I was lookin' for, but it's an even more limited run that what I wanted, so now I'll have to get another scale for my Hinderer so my carry will match. Pics when it arrives.

Brtsmpsn likes this.
  3. WayOfTheWolf

WayOfTheWolf Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Kenucky. Made in Kentucky. Love this thing.

Rfpd29, jgonc, ColdZero and 3 others like this.
  4. -=BRS=-

-=BRS=- Loaded Pockets

5. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

Now those are cool.

mole and -=BRS=- like this.
  6. playeroflife

playeroflife Loaded Pockets

Hi all, has anyone got any good places that I can buy some from? Thks.

7. -=BRS=-

-=BRS=- Loaded Pockets

I noticed lately the place to find awesome nucks is instagram and just DM the maker.

I would link you but I seem to remember there are some pretty strict commerce rules here.

Brtsmpsn likes this.
  8. glevum

glevum Loaded Pockets

Ill Gear Tribal Flare finish

[​IMG]

9. Elder Futhark

Elder Futhark Loaded Pockets

10. eng1nerd

eng1nerd Loaded Pockets

Playing around with a piece of scrap in the garage. It is far from perfect but is pretty comfortable.

[​IMG]

NelsonIII, Puinsai, mole and 2 others like this.
  11. Bowman1911

Bowman1911 EDC Mechanic

eng1nerd I dig it! Is it a scrap of cutting board by chance?

Brtsmpsn likes this.
  12. eng1nerd

eng1nerd Loaded Pockets

No it was a plastic part from work that already has the goes in it. I grabbed a couple of them to play around with. Probably like 1/2" thick.

Bowman1911 and Brtsmpsn like this.
  13. Elder Futhark

Elder Futhark Loaded Pockets

14. lucas760

lucas760 Loaded Pockets

15. lucas760

lucas760 Loaded Pockets

16. Puinsai
    • In Omnia Paratus

Puinsai Loaded Pockets

I just scored nylon Nicknuk super thin pow.
    Anyone have any feedback specific to the pow style? I'm not finding any reviews/feedback anywhere.
    Thank you...

Brtsmpsn and Bowman1911 like this.
  17. Bowman1911

Bowman1911 EDC Mechanic

Puinsai I carry a Hellboy POW pretty much every where. Non-metallic's legal in NC. I've never had to use it, but there's times when I can't carry a gun, or anything even considered a weapon (I personally don't consider a knife a weapon, but unfortunately, society doesn't agree with me. You did good getting a Nicknuk btw! I hunted for a while before I got ahold of mine. Still want a jade green POW, but happy with my Hellboy. Oh, and the the ZAP is meant to be used as cigar rest, but I'm pretty sure the pow will as well. I'll verify next week. ;)

Brtsmpsn, eng1nerd and Puinsai like this.
  18. Puinsai
    • In Omnia Paratus

Puinsai Loaded Pockets

Bowman1911, we have very similar taste bro. Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, the Nicknuk style is the best to carry in the event you have to use it according to my cop buddies (no closed finger holes = not illegal in Texas). Also, it being non-metal further makes it more legal friendly.
    I got lucky, I simply messaged Nick and asked him if he had the older model I wanted. He replied and said yes and we completed the transaction. It was that easy...
    I looked at the zap but I find it to be too aggressive looking vs. the pow which I purchased. The pow looks to me to be more comfortable in the hand as well. If you get the zap as well, let me know your thoughts it this please.
    Show me a picture of your hell boy if you get a chance.
    Be well...

Last edited by Puinsai, Sep 20, 2015
    Brtsmpsn, eng1nerd and Bowman1911 like this.
  19. Bowman1911

Bowman1911 EDC Mechanic

Puinsai
    [​IMG]
    I'm at work, so can't take a current pic, but here's an older one brother. And yes, I do believe we have very similar tastes! I too contacted Nick, but alas, he's completely discontinued the jade g10. And I agree completely on the ZAP! The fellow I got my POW from had both Hellboy versions, but the ZAP doesn't look very comfortable in the event a body actually had to use it. It'd be great if I smoked a stogie every day, but It's more like a once in a couple year thing for me to break down & get a Monte. The Hellboy is supposed to be a pretty rare variant, as well as the Abe Sapien versions. Nick's a really easy guy to talk to, once you can get ahold of him. Real down to earth. He caught a bunch of flack on the interwebs when he brought out his nucks, as some folks say he's copying AFrankart, but I just don't see it. The Nicknuk is way more legal to carry than most of the elusive AFKs. Nowadays, everybody & his brother sells a nuck, but most I can't get away with carrying.
    A little backstory as to what brought me to carryin' it. Earlier this year, my wife took me to see the circus. I'm 37, and had never been. I was fortunate in a lot of ways other kids aren't growing up, but in the normal sense, we were pretty poor. That, and the fact I was born late in my parents life, and they had already raised 3 grown children when I came along, meant I didn't have some of the luxuries other children my age were accustomed to. Basically all that means is when the commercial for Barnum & Bailey's came on tv, I was told no. Anyway, that bothered my wife, so she got us tickets. It was at the New Charlotte coliseum, which is NOT in the best part of town. Which is also over an hour away from my little suburban country home. I carry a firearm and a pocket knife every where I go when I'm off work, but I knew I couldn't carry either into the coliseum. This presented a problem. We parked 2 blocks from the coliseum, walked 2 blocks in the opposite direction for a nice meal, then 4 blocks back in a different direction to the circus. The event let out after 10, in winter, so it'd be dark out, and I'd be without a firearm in a bad part of town for 2 blocks in a poorly lit area. Of course we didn't run into any trouble, except a few panhandlers begging my wife for $, but the nicknuk at least gave me the piece of mind, that I didn't feel naked.
    Since I've purchased it, I've carried it just about every day.

20. Puinsai
    • In Omnia Paratus

Puinsai Loaded Pockets

Nice copper bead. Glad it is getting some good use from a good guy.

Brtsmpsn and Bowman1911 like this.