1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Show us your Sharps! Part 1

Discussion in 'Knives' started by pipedreams, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

Slick Zippo! Got's some silver too.

2. oronocova

oronocova Loaded Pockets

Watched Exduct and these came back in stock finally. Did great on a 2-day camping trip this past weekend. Polished off the gaudy looking text on it and polished up all the moving parts. Opens smooth as silk now.

Navy 631S
    [​IMG]

3. Scottyzedinosaur

Scottyzedinosaur Loaded Pockets

What knife is that on the bottom?

4. Moonberrys

Moonberrys Loaded Pockets

That is a Kershaw Salvo. Pretty good edc.

5. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

Now here is a Awesome knife [:)] A++++

6. bladeblabber

bladeblabber Loaded Pockets

haha yea it is, i spent like 20 seconds trying to figure out what spydie it was before i read what he typed lol.

7. oronocova

oronocova Loaded Pockets

Thanks guys, yeah it's basically a copy... or at least takes a lot of design from the Para Military. But it is really well made, has no play when opened and is really well centered. The washers on it are either brass or PB (I think they look more like brass.) I usually like PE knives but figured I'd do something different this time.

8. bladeblabber

quick and dirty shot of my spydercos. spyderco is probably my second favorite brand of knife (i think you guys already know what my favorite is :crackup: ). I need some more spydies.

[​IMG]

9. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

Nice Spyder's Bladeblabber.

I am loving this EESE Izula it's got a great shape and size [​IMG]

10. sweetdaddyroses

sweetdaddyroses Loaded Pockets

i have 2 of these and almost grabbed a 3rd this last time they came around on exduct. great little knife! as far as what it looks like, i think it is the spitting image of the G10 spyderco police 3.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

G10 Spyderco Police 3 on blue background. Navy 631S with quarter as reference.

11. oronocova

oronocova Loaded Pockets

Yeah you're right... definitely is a copy of the Police 3. Also looks like your 631S has a little different grind than mine, and a swedge taken out of the tip. I polished a little more on it last night, great knife for the money.

12. sweetdaddyroses

wow! you're right. i hadn't even noticed the difference in the grind. duh! guess i wasn't paying too much attention at 2:30 in the morning. here are a couple of pics of the two that i got from exduct earlier this year. they are from different runs but with the same grinds. the one stamped 0958 (top) was purchased in march and then the one marked 0789 (bottom) was purchased in july, when they came available then.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as you can see these two are almost identical. your knife appears to be a flat ground serrated version. now i wish i had ordered one of those, also. i do have the full flat ground plain edge version of the K631, but i prefer the serrated in this model. it's a sweet little knife, that fersure! thanks for pointing out this difference to me!

13. batangx

batangx Loaded Pockets

Just got this in the mail yesterday. It's the Kabar that I ordered

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. simmerdownjack

simmerdownjack Loaded Pockets

is that a honeybee or just the regular bug?

EDIT: In regards to DrChimRichalds....

15. sweetdaddyroses

The Paramilitary 2 has been my primary EDC for quite some time now. However, due to a recent Ebay auction that I won, I am now slapping the old standby, the Buck 112 Ranger with finger grooves, back on my hip. I have owned the Buck for a long time and never carried it much because the sheath that came with it just felt a little too bulky. I won the sheath in these pics below last week and now feel comfortable carrying this fantastic knife. Compared to the tactical knives I have been carrying of late this knife, the Buck, looks and feels almost like a piece of jewelry. It's hard to beat Buck for quality. See pics below...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The sheath was made by Carl Thomas who can be contacted @ www.mabcustomknives.com

16. Zoot Allures

Zoot Allures Loaded Pockets

I'm quite sure it will ring nice to some of you in the US, sound like their other home…

I wanna tell you about a knifemaker… actually, he… er, she is the daughter of a famous blade-smith out there in North of Sardinia.

She's quite young and made a few Dorgalese —named after her hometown Dorgali— the traditional shepherd's knives.
    Her dad says she's a hardworking pupil and care to admit very talented because she gets it all quite fast.

She sold a couple of them and one far North in Europe to me —her first abroad. :)

May I introduce you Elena Pudda at work (on an other piece):

[​IMG]

more on "non e il primo coltello aggiungo foto"

Maybe this one:

[​IMG]

more on "elena ,secondo coltello"

The first pictures of the finished work on mine:

Blackened K720/1.2842/O2 steel, Pintadura worked brass collar on black ram-horn 5.5" handle for almost 10.25" overall length.
    On this first picture, the light is vivid so there's many white parts in the horn to see but most of the time, it is real jet-black with some fleeting shiny white flames… a real beauty.

[​IMG]

more on "nero per oltre alpi"

And, here with its new hometown's city hall belfry:
    (please clic on the pic to zoom - 315KB 1200x1600)

[​IMG]

Meeting one of our local pretty stinky cheese but didn't passed out with the smell:
    (please clic on the pic to zoom - 359KB 1600x1200)

[​IMG]

Thanks for reading about Elena's first steps in long career in knife making.

PS: I paid my knife, this is not an advertising post. ;D

2012-04-13 edit: corrected Italian forum links that were broken.

Kombi likes this.
  17. sweetdaddyroses

wow! a beautiful knife and a very beautiful knifemaker!

thanks for the heads-up and intro for the up and coming queen of sharps, zoot!

i would hope to see some of her work make its way across the pond, over here to 'murika.

cheers, mate!

18. Zoot Allures

Zoot Allures Loaded Pockets

You're welcome Sweet Daddy. :)

She deserves to get known overseas, even the big ones.

And not only Elena.

Sardinia as a little 1.7 M inhabitants region has 7000 amateur and pro knife-makers registered (not only to build these souvenir exotic knives for tourists): in fact, a french-sardinian forum fellow presented us the works of some of them, Gigi Secchi, Davide Steri, Santino Pudda (Elena's father).

The most curious of you can browse the Sardinian forum linked to see they are very inventive, mixing tradition and modern craftsmanship.

And, though my italian is very limited (best reader than writer), they are very kind and charming people. I look forward to go to the island someday.

19. bladeblabber

love the buck man. i agree i love my tactical folders but its great to just carry a traditional knife sometimes.

20. Minifcar

Minifcar Loaded Pockets

Here are some of my favs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.