1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Show us your Sharps! Part 1

Discussion in 'Knives' started by pipedreams, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pipedreams

pipedreams Loaded Pockets

Attached Files:

• 3205.jpg
      3205.jpg
      File size:
      10.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Gadget Guy

Gadget Guy Banned

Very nice Todd! I don't know anything about them, do you have more info?

Thanks,

GG

3. alphazulu

alphazulu Loaded Pockets

I loved the size and shape of gerber's Applegate/Fairbaine Combat mini folder from the second I took it out of the box, so much in fact that I bought a black one to go with it. Its a comfortable carry no matter what I'm wearing and I always have one of these with me no matter what other blades I have with me.

[​IMG]

4. Lee1959

Lee1959 Empty Pockets

Cannot show them all, but here are a few:

Favored Hunting Knives - The top three are purchased, Marbles, Martinez, Camillus - Bottom 4 my make

[​IMG]

Favored Axes/Belt Axes: Left Mohawk Belt Ax - Right French Trapeprs Canoe/Camp Ax

[​IMG]

My Muzzleloading blades: My homemade sheath knife, Homemade French Privates Folder, Fort Meiggs Belt Ax a friend made

[​IMG]

My Daily carry blades: Bottom to top Spyderco Cricket, Victorinox Midnight manager, Gerber Multipliers, Meyrco Blackie Collins Bolt Action

[​IMG]

The one resting with my deceased 18 yo. nephew (he was buried in his French trappers gear after dying of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma this spring) that I made for him for his reinactments - My version of a French Roachbelly trade Knife

[​IMG]

GunRov likes this.
  5. Amnesia Wes

Amnesia Wes Empty Pockets

WOW! Some beautiful pieces!!!! I envy you all...

Wes.

6. jryan76

jryan76 Banned

Great collections everybody. Heres mine. Had a Lg. Classic Micarta in the bunch but it's sold pending funds and I figured if I photographed it I'd have a hard time with excepting the payment when it comes in. The Umfaan is my latest edition...Yes!!!!!!Finally found one! I've got a Lg. Annual LE Desert Ironwood Inlay inbound that I'm pretty excited about, too bad it wasnt here yet for the picture(maybe I'll update when it gets here) The Small Classic is for sale so it will probably be leaving shortly, but I need fundage for other sharps...you understand ofcourse. I've got my eyes set on a couple of Benchmades and a Pro-tech. I love the Hinderer XM-18, unbelievable knife...I use it hard and it just asks for more. Anyhow, enjoy them. Thanks for letting me share. Great thread BTW.

Thanks
    jryan76

Attached Files:

7. Deaths Head

Deaths Head Banned

Ahhh! Another XM-18. I gotta stop looking at that knife, or I may have to buy one!

8. jryan76

jryan76 Banned

Dont fight it....Your resistence is futile ;D...Besides, you will not regret owning one of Rick's knives. Fit and Finish is superb and on top of that, he's a super nice guy to deal with.

Thanks

9. Ubba

Ubba Empty Pockets

Here are a few of my newest ones. I love the Spyderco Waved Endura 4 and carry it everyday.

[​IMG]

Zookie likes this.
  10. knuckleduster

knuckleduster Empty Pockets

Some tactical tomahawks - not exactly EDC in the city, but great while hiking.

Left to Right
    ATC VTAC
    ATC Rogers Ranger
    Guild Knive Light Ugly
    K5 Spike Hawk
    Ranger Knives
    Hays H41

[​IMG]

11. Lee1959

Lee1959 Empty Pockets

Knuckleduster, nice collection, but dont you ever miss having a poll on the hawk/ax? I find so many uses for mine, I would hate having one without it, it seems to make it more of a useful tool.

12. knuckleduster

knuckleduster Empty Pockets

I have had a poll hawk on order from K5 since February. there is certainly an argument against spike hawks (pointy part facing the user). If I was going into combat, I would take a spike hawk, for going camping I would prefer a poll hawk. I like the spikes for their combat versatility, and most cost so much I would not use for camp chores with or without a poll. The ones I have are because I am writing a book on them. I try to look at the pros and cons of each. I have always loved tomahawks and it is great to see so many great makers like Justin Gingrich at Ranger Knives and Brad Roe at Guild Knives making such cool designs.

13. bruner

bruner Loaded Pockets

Here's my collection at time and date of this post (I'm sure there will be more in the future :idiot2:):

[​IMG]

Dan

14. Lunal_Tic

Lunal_Tic Empty Pockets

I saw the title and thought "wow, somebody has a sharps buffalo rifle." :doh:  Oh well here are some of my "Sharps".

[​IMG]

-LT

Boricua11 and Anthologics like this.
  15. bruner

bruner Loaded Pockets

Lunal_Tic,

Nice collection. Just curious, how are the knife laws in Japan? Is it cool to EDC that stuff?

Dan

16. Lunal_Tic

Lunal_Tic Empty Pockets

Good question, I've yet to get a good answer however. I've been told up to 15cm blade is OK but apparently not in the city but I haven't been able to get much more concrete than that and believe me I've tried. I carry a SOG Flash I because I had so many weird looks with my standard blades. I still get the looks but they don't jump out of their skins, well not usually.

-LT

17. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

This is at my reach tonite:

[​IMG]

John Feidler likes this.
  18. hatchetjack

Here's my customized Cold Steel hawks:

[​IMG]

19. Ivan Campos

Ivan Campos Empty Pockets

I have a number of knives that I kept after years of collecting, buying and selling blades but these are the ones that seeuse all the time, a Victorinox hunting folder with plastic imitation scales and three blades, a discontinued Puma folder (I guess it was made by Victorinox) with more options, my trusty Benchmade Emerson CQC-7 and my most recent acquisition, a Leatherman Charge Ti that sees A LOT of use around the shop.You won´t see me leaving home without one of these, coupled with one of my super compact fixed blades like the Machadinho or the Nano, wich I keeprotating for test purposes.

Attached Files:

20. hatchetjack

Favorite field blade. Ranger RD9.

Attached Files:

• rs3.JPG
      rs3.JPG
      File size:
      94.6 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.