1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Show us your Ol' Faitfhful

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Southpaw, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Southpaw

Southpaw EDC Junkie!!!!!

Show us your Ol' Faithful gear!

Whether it's a knife, multi tool, SAK, traditional, wallet, or comb that you've had since the beginning, that you tend to always go back to and never part with.

New gear is nice and we all do it, we take pics of it as soon as we get it, but how about those Ol' Faithful that has stood by your side since Boy Scouts, Teenage years, College days, Military etc ?

Let's see em!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. NKlamerus

NKlamerus Loaded Pockets

[​IMG][​IMG]

Mine is definetly my Leatherman Wave.

We recieved them as gifts in Scouts. Apparently they were standard issue on some local issued military bags, and when the bags were decommissioned; someone cut every LM sheath/Wave off the strap and donated them. We probably had 150 of them.

I used it here and there, and it was a life saver while completing my Eagle Project.

It still holds up to everything I put it through, fishing, hunting, school, and work. Never seems to give way.

The steel is soft, but I like sharpening. And it is prone to rust, but that's a fact of life.

I never really thought of it as an EDC item, as the Sheath is bolted to my center console and that's where it rode.

I bought a skeletool and soon realized I needed scissors and a saw. And the Wave made it from my truck to my pocket and doesn't seem to leave too often.

ran23, twin63, Southpaw and 1 other person like this.
  3. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

Victorinox Swiss Army Knife...I've played around with various models, but the basic Vic SAK implements like the blade, scissors, and screwdrivers...have remained the one item of EDC that I haven't changed since I started "EDCing". The reason, the thin blade very effectively cuts just about anything I use a knife for, and is a nice balance between not too big and not too small. The scissors are likewise very effective, and I use them for everything I need scissors for. As much as I hate to admit it, although I never thought I'd use the toothpick, nowadays I consider it a must have. Other implements like the screwdrivers do the job when I'm in a pinch. My Craftsman basically provides a mini toolbox in my pocket, and is still not so big (like a Swisschamp or regular multitool), that I mind carrying it in my pocket. Not to mention that it's hard to find a higher quality piece for the money paid.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by dmattaponi, Mar 10, 2016
    alces, Southpaw and twin63 like this.
  4. James Hrupek

James Hrupek Empty Pockets

[​IMG]

My Mini-grip and victorinox cadet are 2 things I absolutely never leave home without. The grip is a perfect sized edc blade that is more than capable in any role I will put it in and it typically doesn't set off any :censored: alarms. And the cadet is always on standby. My girl uses it more than I do for opening beers and such. She really needs one of her own. Lol

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

wazu013 and Southpaw like this.
  5. James Hrupek

I should point out for the sake of the thread that I've had cadets and mini grips for years but the newest iteration of benchmade's edc king is far and away the best! The grey and blue g-10 looks great next to my large sebenza and that cpm 20cv cuts like a demon. And the 2015 edition Cadet just looks good in new blue. Haha

6. Southpaw

Southpaw EDC Junkie!!!!!

Great gear!!

7. James Hrupek

Thanks brother. They are 2 of the most popular for a reason. Haha. Tried and true!

8. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Before I got here!

Probably for 20 years give or take?

Still will do the job for sure and I have no good way to carry the cutters these days too.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone don't expect too much

9. 313

313 Uber Prepared

Squirt S4 which was a present from someone who has passed. I've had it in my pocket for more than ten years, it's now semi-retired but I still treasure it.

The Zippo turns 20 years this year, got it from the mrs. as a graduation gift the year we met and it's been with me ever since.

[​IMG]

James Hrupek, wazu013 and Southpaw like this.
  10. wazu013

wazu013 EDC Junkie!!!

11. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

For Sure!

wazu013 likes this.
  12. Southpaw

Southpaw EDC Junkie!!!!!

How old?

wazu013 likes this.
  13. CountryCuz2011

CountryCuz2011 Empty Pockets

I took the picture below while I was completing a school paper to serve as eye candy. My multitool devolution can be summed up as followed: less is more. I transitioned from Leatherman Wave (2 years)---> Victorinox SwissChamp (1 year) ---> Victorinox Cybertool Lite (6 months) ---> Victorinox Climber (1 year) ---> Victorinox Farmer/Pioneer (2 months)---> Victorinox Climber (past several months-present). I used to think that I needed to always carry the best multitool as possible on my person, but that attitude has changed with time. Having a lightweight SAK is EDC nirvana for my knife/tool needs.

[​IMG]

14. wazu013

wazu013 EDC Junkie!!!

I bought it around 1975 or 76. It has served me well :)

sungame likes this.
  15. Southpaw

Southpaw EDC Junkie!!!!!

That is pure awesome

16. Pavement Pirate

Pavement Pirate Loaded Pockets

Got this Utica lockback around 1984 or 85 used.
    It served me well in my back pocket for over 10 years. Thats when i got into collecting heavy, so stopped carrying her.
    Now she stays at home, safe from any mishaps.

[​IMG]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Rule #9: Never go anywhere without a knife.
    ~Leroy Jethro Gibbs
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

17. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

The only time anyone will see my "Ol' Faithful" is a few minutes before I call 911 for paramedics to treat the individual or group that I show it to...

Moco and Southpaw like this.
  18. SJS101

SJS101 Loaded Pockets

I have one of these that has been in continuous use for nearly 10 years. It started as my longtime keychain and has done various jobs for me since. It currently resides in my gear drawer holding together all of my out of rotation keychain gadgets. Like me it's seen better days, it ain't pretty and shiny but still :censored: useful

[​IMG]

Pavement Pirate and Southpaw like this.
  19. dischu

dischu Loaded Pockets

23 years ...

[​IMG]

Southpaw, Pavement Pirate and 313 like this.
  20. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

this US Speaker P38 opener has been on one key ring or another since 1971... a memento of a TDY to the Joint Sobe Processing Center at Torii Station, Okinawa .. the ASA chow hall served C rations on pay days, and I grabbed several....they did have good soup for midwatches:hungry:

[​IMG]

Southpaw likes this.