1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Show Us Your Every Day Carry, Volume 21

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by Soulriot, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kev2488

Kev2488 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent using an overpriced phone plan..

2. Wes Lee

Wes Lee Loaded Pockets

3. farnorthdan
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

farnorthdan Loaded Pockets

4. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

WEDNESDAY 09/14/2016 EDC - Ya'll know Gibbs, my ZT0302 comes out at least once a week by now. Still my favorite.

[​IMG]

5. thatsalligot

thatsalligot Loaded Pockets

6. StarBat

StarBat Loaded Pockets

7. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

THURSDAY 09/15/2016 EDC - MY PERSONAL HOLY GRAIL EDC SETUP

I hope ya'll enjoy this, I definitely enjoyed writing and photographing it. My post today will be a rarity for me in that I'm going to include a description and a little history behind the items. This is what I consider my personal Holy Grail EDC setup, started it long ago with the purchase of the Rolex Submariner, finally completed it recently with the purchase of the SS United States ZIPPO. I love the Sea, I'm at home there, that leads to a love of nautical themes and the deep blue of the sea so this EDC setup just does it for me personally. I searched for years for items I considered perfect to match that blue Sub for this setup, thought I had it complete then the GodSpeed Tactical Mermaid handkerchief showed up & put it over the top and was now absolute perfection, at least in my mind.

[​IMG]

I also love history and literature, so history often plays a part in my EDC, sometimes literature as well. That history can be personal, a time, a place or an event that you associate with an item. The history associated with some of the Items is included in the descriptions below. Some were chosen specifically for their history such as the ZIPPO, Jules Verne Pen, SAK, and the coins. Of course it didn't hurt they matched up perfectly.

Watch: 1994 Rolex Submariner Ref. No. 16613, stainless steel & 18K yellow gold with blue bezel & face. The stainless anchor on my key chain is a Rolex Submariner anchor as well. Saved for years for this purchase, my once in a lifetime watch. It will be passed on to my Son at some point.

Pen: 2003 Limited Edition Montblanc Writers Edition Jules Verne Ballpoint - From Montblanc: "The Writers Edition Jules Verne delves deep into the fascinating world of the writer. The barrel, made of bright blue lacquer with platinum-plated mountings, is surrounded by a guilloche consisting of evensized waves. Jules Verne’s signature decorates the cap of the writing instrument, and a delicate engraving of an antique diver’s helmet on the rhodium-plated 18- karat gold nib of the fountain pen recalls one of his most famous novels, “Twenty Thousand Leagues under the Sea”.

ZIPPO: 1958 SS United States - From Wikipedia: "SS United States is a luxury passenger liner built in 1952 for United States Lines. It was designed by American naval architect William Francis Gibbs to capture the the Trans-Atlantic speed record. Built at a cost of $79.4 million ($724 million in today's dollars) the ship is the largest ocean liner constructed entirely in the US and the fastest ocean liner to cross the Atlantic in either direction. Even in her retirement, she retains the Blue Riband, the accolade given to the passenger liner crossing the Atlantic Ocean in regular service with the highest speed. Her construction was subsidized by the US government, since she was designed to allow conversion to a troopship should the need arise. United States operated uninterrupted in transatlantic passenger service until 1969."

Swiss Army Knife: Victorinox "Lion of Lucerne" Spartan - From Wikipedia: "The Lion Monument (German: Löwendenkmal), or the Lion of Lucerne, is a rock relief in Lucerne, Switzerland, designed by Bertelsmann Thorvaldsen and hewn in 1820–21 by Lukas Ahorn. It commemorates the Swiss Guards who were massacred in 1792 during the French Revolution, when revolutionaries stormed the Tuileries Palace in Paris. Mark Twain praised the sculpture of a mortally-wounded lion as "the most mournful and moving piece of stone in the world."

Folder: Hinderer XM-18 - 3.5" blade with blue/black G10 scale reminiscent of waves in the deep blue sea and a Hinderer Horse Head Clip on the back. Tuned to absolute perfection.

Lights: (1) LensLight Titanium MINI Triple Aught Design Edition - utilizes a single CR123 battery. This was an extremely limited edition light and is super rare. (2) CountyComm Maratac Titanium AAA light - attached to my keychain and powered by a single AAA battery.

Coins:
    (1) 1974 Commonwealth of the Bahamas One Dollar - 1974 was the year the Bahamas achieved their independence. Love visiting their beautiful islands.
    (2) 1964 One Bermuda Crown - Queen Elizabeth graces the reverse side. On my bucket list to visit Bermuda since I was 16 years old, Peter Benchley's "The Deep" is the reason.
    (3) 1945 Standing Liberty Half Dollar - The year WWII ended and just one my favorite United States Coins. Reminds me of the days of truly great men like Winston Churchill, Ike, and Patton not to mention all the great veterans who fought that war including a friend who earned a Purple Heart on D-Day at Normandy.

Wallet: Recycled Firefighter "The Rookie" in the perfect shade of blue.

Key Fob: Smathers & Branson Needlepoint "South Carolina" again in a perfect blue - Spent a great deal of my youth in the great state of South Carolina including 2 years of college and love the state, particularly their Coastal and Piedmont regions.

Handkerchief: GodSpeed Tactical "Lost at Sea" - Mermaids & a perfect blue coloring, need I say more?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you read all of this, Thank You and hope you enjoyed it. Sincerely, Gary

8. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

I did read all of it and learnt things.

Every day is a school day!

Thanks for sharing!

9. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

Tallboyjim Thank you Sir!!!!!!!

10. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

11. pierch

pierch Loaded Pockets

Today's carry:

[​IMG]

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

12. thatsalligot

thatsalligot Loaded Pockets

13. CudaBort

CudaBort Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

14. Chefget

Chefget Loaded Pockets

15. cityofthesouth

cityofthesouth Loaded Pockets

16. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

FRIDAY 09/16/2016 EDC - HOLY GRAIL #2 PIRATE GRAIL

Aye Mateys, I have another Grail EDC setup today but this one is geared at pure fun, you could say "Just because ye' gotta have a little fun in this lifetime", you only get one you know. If you read my EDC post yesterday, you know I love nautical things, today's no exception. I thought I had this setup nailed down then I saw a friend's GodSpeed Tactical "Undead Pirates" handkerchief and once again GodSpeed Tactical put an EDC setup over the top to me so now I'm sharing it.

I have been following Jimmy Buffett for 40 years now, been to his concerts most every year since 1978 so I guess I'm a Parrothead. The reason for discussing Buffett is my favorite Buffett song, the one that stays stuck in my head constantly, is "A Pirate Looks at 40". Many of the lyrics just hit home for me, 2 verses in particular:

"Yes I am a pirate, two hundred years too late
    The cannons don't thunder, there's nothing to plunder
    I'm an over-forty victim of fate
    Arriving too late, arriving too late"

"Mother, mother ocean,
    I have heard you call

Wanted to sail upon your waters since I was three feet tall

You've seen it all, you've seen it all

Watched the men who rode you switch from sails to steam
    And in your belly you hold the treasures few have ever seen
    Most of them dream, most of them dream"

If my life had a theme song, Buffett's "A Pirate Looks at 40" is it. So in honor of the pirate in many of us and particularly for this old pirate for whom the age of 40 is now a distant memory, today's EDC pics and thanks for taking the time to read the ramblings of an old man.

[​IMG]

Watch: Blackout Concepts Ocean Master Skull Series (Swiss Made) w/black Clockwork Synergy NATO strap

Pen: Montblanc Starwalker Rubber/Platinum ballpoint bought in the Marigot, St. Maarten Montblanc Store many years ago, best writing pen I've ever owned

Lighter: Bottomz Up Zippo, Crossbones & Skull (bottoms on both ends), Japanese market only shipped from Japan with a Z-Plus Extreme butane insert

Lights: (1) LENSLIGHT MINI TAD Edition aluminum 1xCR123 in black & (2) Maratac Titanium AAA on keychain

SAK: Victorinox ALOX Harvester black K-N-T 2016 only limited edition order shipped from Knives N' Tools in Switzerland

Folder: ZT0303 known in my house as "DiNozzo", if you watch NCIS you'll know why, my 2nd favorite folder

Wallet: Recycled Firefighter "The Rookie" in black combat boot leather

Handkerchief: GodSpeed Tactical "Undead Pirates"

Key Fob: Smathers & Branson needlepoint "Jolly Roger" in black with a real skeleton key attached to it to open ye' olde treasure chest matey

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BTW: After today I have one more Grail Setup I'll write up in the next week, other than that back to just pics. Thanks for looking as always. Sincerely, Gary

17. CV801

CV801 Loaded Pockets

GaryMc, we must have hung out in another life lol. I concur with your love of the sea and I really like your Thursday sea themed EDC. If I could live on the ocean I think I would in a heartbeat! I would miss my Jeep though.....
    [​IMG]

Here's a couple knives I think you'd appreciate and would tie in nice to your sea EDC.

[​IMG]

They are by William Henry knives and the handles are inlaid with fossilized brain coral from the Florida Keys (think Jimmy Buffett). They're a bit pricey but I'm a huge fan of them. Wouldn't want to beat on them but they are a great gents knife.

My current EDC includes a Benchmade mini Barrage custom. Note the splash of blue for the ocean. I also added a sterling silver and bronze GD Skull bead. I too like the pirate theme. It was pretty awesome listening to Jimmy singing a pirate looks at forty this past August.

Sorry for my ramblings. Just wanted to share.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. StarBat

StarBat Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Some new items today for running around town before work tonight.

19. CudaBort

CudaBort Loaded Pockets

Just need a copper sak to complete my copper set up.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

20. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

Looking great CudaBort!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.