1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Show us your 5.11 bags

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by ty_higg, Jun 4, 2013.

1. ralewis3

ralewis3 Loaded Pockets

I'm looking at getting wither a Rush 12 or the MOAB 10 for EDC. I like the smaller size of both. Which would you recommend?

2. ralewis3

ralewis3 Loaded Pockets

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I'm looking at either a Rush 12 or MOAB 10 for EDC. I like their smaller size vs the 1800 to 2400 cubic inch bags I've carried recently. Which do you prefer? I've never carried a sling pack with one strap and normally carry a two strapped backpack over just one shoulder.

3. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

You quoted two of my posts with the question, so I'll just quote this one of yours to answer. I love the Rush 12 as an EDC bag, and would recommend that first and foremost. I'm not a sling pack fan personally, but I got the Moab 10 anyway because it works for the more extensive FAK that I keep it in my truck for. I wouldn't use it for EDC though because of my dislike of sling pack carry in general and because I like the organization of the Rush 12 better for EDC purposes. Your needs and likes will vary from mine obviously, but to me the Rush 12 is the perfect size. Not too big, not too small, just right :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. ralewis3

ralewis3 Loaded Pockets

Thanks Gator and sorry for the duplicate post. I didn't realize until after I had made the first post that both were in the same thread. I appreciate your input!

GatorMedic likes this.
  5. silverspurr

silverspurr Loaded Pockets

I don't use/own 'sling packs' even ones that the sling can be changed to either side, as they don't distribute weight evenly and can eventually contribute to shoulder neck problems.
    There's a reason soldiers are not issued 'sling packs'.
    Perhaps if someone just pops out of the house, hops in the car right away, goes to the supermarket and returns the same way, a 'slingback' pack may not cause back/shoulder/neck issues, but if someone lives in an urban environment were they walk from destination to destination I never recommend a 'slingback'.
    I'm not into 'Messenger bags' either for the same reason.

GatorMedic, ralewis3 and T.H.Cone like this.
  6. ralewis3

ralewis3 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the response. Looks like I'm ordering the Rush 12!

GatorMedic likes this.
  7. Wkso27

Wkso27 Empty Pockets

absolutely....I'll try to get some photo's up over the weekend

8. N.Carter

N.Carter Empty Pockets

Can't wait!

9. Chief Brody

Chief Brody Loaded Pockets

A long-awaited addition to my Rush 12 - a new Ka-Bar Becker BK17. Just got it last night and I'm very happy with it. I sold a BK2 to buy the backpack and I have zero regrets about that. This size blade should prove to be much more handy. The sheath is pretty nice, though I might consider removing the top retention strap. For some reason, the snap on it isn't as tight as the lower one. The knife is perfectly secure with just the lower strap. Anyway, pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. rr1071

rr1071 Loaded Pockets

I keep a small pair of straight tin snips on one side.

S_Serpent likes this.
  11. mley1

mley1 Loaded Pockets

Here are two of my 5.11 Rush backpacks, a 24 on the left, and a 72 on the right. The 24 is Sandstone, and the 72 is OD Green. I use the 72 as my EDC bag that I keep anything I might need in my vehicle. Where I work you can't take much inside. But, I like to be prepared for whatever may happen, where ever I may be. So, I keep it loaded with stuff I might need out and about. The 24 is used for more specific things like hunting trips, and fishing. I also have a Rush 12 that gets used bicycling, and on day hikes.

[​IMG]

The 72 looks smaller than the 24 in this pic. But, they are both side by side on the same chair. It may be because I have the compression straps cinched down on the 72, and don't on the 24. Both packs are great for my needs. I love all my 5.11 bags. They are very tough, solid gear. For me, that was what I was looking for, tough gear. I'm hard on my stuff, especially bags. I can't count the number of bags I've destroyed on trips. Between zippers busting, and seams ripping, most the el cheapo bags from the local stores didn't last me more than a season in the woods. But, these seem like they'll be around for a long time. I like them a lot.

Marty

S_Serpent and GatorMedic like this.
  12. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Was going thru some gear just today and found a brand new R24 in FDE.
    Not sure who fathered it, but some of my packs and bags are beginning to reproduce.
    Because I don't recall buying one.

Sorta like it.
    For the most part.

Not at all proud of the sideways uneven single compression straps, though.

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E.

I have worked out a Theory, on how this musta went down.
    It was not the fault of any engineer, though.
    No....that lil ugly Foe Paw was the fault of the 5.11 strap-n-buckle buyer, who found these somewhere on sale, so he climbed down off the short bus and bought em.
    Without formal training in design, he obviously had no freakin idea any decent full-grown pack would have TWO compression on each side, sewn evenly across from each other, or have NONE.
    Sad.

May require surgical removal, since that glaring aberration has not grown on me, over the course of the afternoon.

T.H.Cone and Chief Brody like this.
  13. mley1

mley1 Loaded Pockets

Yea, I didn't like that about mine either. So I added some 5.11 tier straps on both sides. It works great.

Marty

14. USTF

USTF Loaded Pockets

Does anyone have any pictures of a R12 with a Maxped FR-1 pouch on the side or anything similar? Ordered the pouch because I want to remove my FAK from the 12's smaller compartment, but wonder what it'll look like (the pouch looked pretty big to me). Since the pack is mostly urban-use, wouldn't want to look too nuts-tacticool.
    Thanks in advance.
    p.s. well, as of tactical/tacticool look, though, guess, I'm already one MOLLE-strapped backpack and Blackhawk cargo pants too late.

15. Liquid Pogy

Liquid Pogy Loaded Pockets

Here is my Rush 12 on the recent trip I did. (sorry for the big picture, don't know how to make it smaller)
    [​IMG]

GrimmWolf, rasto777, Zim and 5 others like this.
  16. silverspurr

silverspurr Loaded Pockets

17. Cory_23

Cory_23 Empty Pockets

18. odg

odg Loaded Pockets

Pic request: 5.11 Rush Mike Messenger bag with a 14" laptop. :help:

19. ac7ss
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

My rush mike in double tap.
    [​IMG]
    I tried my hand with Cyflect, very happy with the stuff. Two Malice clips, one on each side, and a Velcro backed square above the Cascadia flag.

A 14" laptop will be a very tight fit, but doable, go for the Lima if you can.

20. CajunRedneck

CajunRedneck Loaded Pockets

My R12 on parade duty Downtown New Orleans waiting on Endymion.

[​IMG]