1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Show us your 5.11 bags

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by ty_higg, Jun 4, 2013.

1. tonyuk

tonyuk Loaded Pockets

Sooo its full of crap??

Lol sorry

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

mizedog likes this.
  2. Orlando Marquez

Orlando Marquez Loaded Pockets

So does the PUSH Pack. After a year, I moved my primary diaper bag from a Push Pack to the MOAB 10.[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Orlando Marquez

Orlando Marquez Loaded Pockets

2 Banger attached...[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

4. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

My very last 5.11 bag (black Rush 12) is about to be sold off. It's a bittersweet moment. I've had several 5.11 bags over the years, and they've all served me well. Y'all enjoy your packs :)

AlgoOPC, Orlando Marquez and RED-FIVE like this.
  5. tonyuk

tonyuk Loaded Pockets

How comes?

6. GatorMedic

They no longer fit a need for me. Currently I have a The North Face Surge for school carry and Osprey Comet for work carry. I also have an Osprey hiking pack and a The North Face beach bag. Four bags is too many as is, but they each serve a dedicated purpose for now. My 5.11 Rush 12 has been relegated to the closet since I switched work bags so it's time for it to move on to someone who can use it well.

steeps and RED-FIVE like this.
  7. tonyuk

tonyuk Loaded Pockets

Oh man that sucks but justified i dont think i could live without my 5.11s lol

Orlando Marquez and GatorMedic like this.
  8. Brainstorm

Brainstorm Loaded Pockets

Feels like the end of an era, @GatorMedic ! Your comparison pics helped to sell me on my first 5.11 pack, the All Hazards Prime. I later added the smaller Rush 12 and MOAB 10, also based on your pics. The R12 has ended up getting significantly more use than anything else. Still haven't had the heart to sell my barely used AHP, although I probably should.

In terms of your transition to TNF and Osprey packs, I can empathize. The "civilian" packs do weigh a lot less than the 5.11 heavy-duty stuff with all the MOLLE webbing. The upside is that we have many good options, to fit our evolving needs and tastes. Passing un- and under-used gear to new loving homes is part of the fun! :)

9. GatorMedic

@Brainstorm Well said. And I'm happy to hear my pics/reviews helped you out in your own bag pursuits :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlgoOPC and Brainstorm like this.
  10. brokedave

brokedave Uber Prepared

Just noticed the repost. Thanks. Glad you liked it

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

11. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

i have the R12, but do I need the R24?

My R12 always seems to be full, and at the moment with my EDC and work junk it's a littler hard to close. Would I notice the difference between the two?

12. tonyuk

tonyuk Loaded Pockets

I have the R24 and i want the R12 and R72

Journo likes this.
  13. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

I am currently obsessively looking at this thread to see the difference between the 12 and the 24..

14. tonyuk

tonyuk Loaded Pockets

If i am honest with you i have had the R24 for about 10 months. I originally got it as an emergency bag for a trip to America but it then got used as my work bag and i feel its too big.

So im. Looking to get the R12 for work and leave the R24 as a "holiday bag"

. Im off to America again this year and i want to get the R72 to fit 2 weeks worth of gear (i went last year for a week with the R24 and it was bulging) as i really dont want to take my 5.11 xray duffle bag. (also changes are we are going on a two week family holiday next year and the R72 will be ideal then as well)

15. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

That's the thing Tony, I felt for a long time that the R12 was a perfect size, but now I am carrying more stuff for work it is always full (this morning my croissants ended up crushed because I have no extra space). I want to carry more water and I think the side pockets would be great.

I am curious if the top front pocket on the R24 is better for me, or worse than the R12. With the 12 I have a long pocket I can fit a powerbank and some cables in, what is the difference in size between the 12 and the 24....

Would you carry the 24 while you are in the USA? I have recently got an amazing holdall from Amazon which means I can carry all my stuff which needs to stay in the hotel in that and then just carry my pack with the junk/essentials I need.

16. tonyuk

tonyuk Loaded Pockets

If it was me i would look at getting an external water pouch. But i know what you mean. If i was in your boots id go for the 24, for me i put my pastry snacks in tupperware boxes and i tend to load up the bag with it laying down. That way i find i can fit more in and i can use the available spaces generously.

The top pocket on the 24 i can fit two pairs of sunglasses i dunno how big it is on the 12.

When i was state side i had my push pack as my EDC / S. H. T.F bag as it had my money (USD and GBP)
    passport
    contact numbers
    and the address of the British embassy in atlanta
    And it also had my camera in there.

That bag was with me when ever i left the house even if i was going to the local walmart or publix to grab some bits for dinner. I was happy ditching the 24 if i needed to bugout quickly

17. tonyuk

tonyuk Loaded Pockets

Oh and i just remembered the side pockets of the 24 can fit an 8" tablet in there with no issues :)

18. Easyrunning

Easyrunning Loaded Pockets

My R12 made a great EDC (before my daughter stole it) but my R24 is the bag I use when I really need a backpack to carry things like spare clothes and refreshments. My R72 is my Lifeguard/Triathlon bag and can hold most everything I need for the water including wetsuit and fins.

19. _mg_

_mg_ Loaded Pockets

OMG, there are side pockets! I started carrying my R24 instead of my R12 when I started walking my kid to daycare and needed the extra space for lunch bags, stuffed animals, etc.. Been doing that for two months and never noticed the side pockets. *facepalm*

Excuse me while I go look for something to stuff into those pockets...

Orlando Marquez likes this.
  20. tonyuk

tonyuk Loaded Pockets

Heres my 24 with my sony Xperia z3 8" tablet[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]