1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Show us your 5.11 bags

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by ty_higg, Jun 4, 2013.

1. IDF✡

IDF✡ Empty Pockets

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

2. IDF✡

IDF✡ Empty Pockets

[​IMG]

3. rca2016

rca2016 Empty Pockets

4. Itchy

Itchy Empty Pockets

Last edited by Itchy, Aug 28, 2016
  5. IDF✡

IDF✡ Empty Pockets

[​IMG]

kensington, rca2016 and Water-Rat like this.
  6. Joelski

Joelski Loaded Pockets

RUSH 72 Aid Pack.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Myrddraal and rca2016 like this.
  7. st3v3_c

st3v3_c Empty Pockets

Nah, it's easy enough :)

8. yangofcalifornia

yangofcalifornia Loaded Pockets

This is my first post! I have done an insane amount of research on bags and honestly have found the 5.11 family to be the best fit for my needs. I am a minimalist and travel light, but I love functionality. I have to say my second favorite is GoRuck, their GR1 bag is incredible. However, the lack of admin pocket is a killer for me. Even adding their field pocket wouldn't do it, as I would use it for a first aid/toiletry instead and having two on the bag would kill its design. So I decided to go 5.11 with my edc and my travel.

This is the 5.11 NBT Lima and Rush 24. This is what I brought to Burning Man 2016 and fit all my gear very well. It handled the playa dust very well, too.
    [​IMG]

This is my 5.11 Rush 24 on the Limousine Bus in Tokyo, Japan heading to the airport to travel to the Philippines. This was a two week trip and it fit everything PERFECTLY.
    [​IMG]

This is my Rush 24 which I use for travel or anything more than two days and my MOAB 10 for my edc.
    [​IMG]

The velcro with flat zippered pockets are MSM Patch Panel on both of them and is the handiest pocket to put headphones or change in. Very handy while traveling or even during my day to day. S carabiners and grimlocs on both to attach sandals, water bottles. The straps are 5.11 tier straps which I use to attach a jacket for easy access. On the MOAB 10 I have the 5.11 h20 carrier and a TAD Design BC4 where I keep gum. The only thing I wish the Rush had was the secret CCW pocket the MOAB has.

9. Pattas29

Pattas29 Empty Pockets

Hello everyone. First post on the forum. Been lurking around for ages and I am currently reading this entire thread (currently on page 50 of 153 ha ha going to take a while but love the pictures and banter) and have enjoyed all the info about the different bags.
    I originally wanted a R12 so I posted a message on facebook seeing if anyone had any to trade. Got two messages, guy with a MOAB10 and another with a R12 and R24.
    Suffice to say I have ended up with all 3. £45 each for the 12 and 24 and traded a Maxpedition Collosus for the MOAB10. Over the moon with them all. 24 I use when travelling anywhere for a few days, 12 I use as a day pack if I am going out with the family or going fish and the MOAB10 has surprisingly became my daily EDC. Since I didn't want the MOAB until it was offered it is actually a great pack.
    All my packs are black by the way which is what I wanted. Couple of Union Jack Patches and an awesome Black and White Punisher patch. I intend to use these for a long time to come and if I get out to see more of the world at least one of them is coming with me.
    I would post pictures but I can't work out how to haha

Last edited by Pattas29, Sep 9, 2016
    Fire Fighter, Water-Rat and rca2016 like this.
  10. Snig

Snig Empty Pockets

Hello, first time poster here as well!
    I've read through the whole thread when I debating whether or not to pick up the R12, which I of course did.. It has been truly great, have had it for a couple of weeks now and have used it every day. Have a pouch for my water bottle on the way.
    Have had the R24 for a few years and I absolutely love it, but it's a bit big for my EDC, mainy use it on trips as carry on (everything I needed for 8 days no problem)

Thank you all for sharing your experiences with the bags, really helps reading about real life use when you're looking for a new pack!

[​IMG]

11. EXCALIBUR

EXCALIBUR Loaded Pockets

That's a great alternative use for the 5.11 Tier System. Thanks for sharing.

12. EXCALIBUR

EXCALIBUR Loaded Pockets

It's great to have both Rush 12 and Rush 24.

[​IMG]

13. nosuchagency

nosuchagency Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

hit 5.11 today and figured may as well post some updated pics while messing around with bags...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Scribble

Scribble Loaded Pockets

Here is my recently acquired 5.11 rush delivery Lima. I was a little hesitant about it holding all my day to day stuff but so far it looks like it will all fit well. Glad I went with Lima instead of mike. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. IDF✡

IDF✡ Empty Pockets

[​IMG][​IMG]

16. Myrddraal

Myrddraal Loaded Pockets

Sweet job on the paracord wrap!

IDF✡ likes this.
  17. Foulwind

Foulwind Loaded Pockets

hahaha that photo in post #2939 made me laugh out loud! Must weigh in at 90 pounds by the look of they poor sod carrying it! :rofl:

18. Myrddraal

Myrddraal Loaded Pockets

Lol... I think that's the Monkey himself...

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

19. Grimolf

Grimolf Empty Pockets

Here are my two. Just got them this past month. Originally the MOAB 10 was my EDC bag and the R12 my work bag, but I've since switched them since I prefer the storage layout of the 12 better for everyday things. Love 'em both though!

[​IMG]

I got them both used but they're like new. The M10 is supposed to be TAC OD, but I swear it looks more tan than green 90% of the time. Thats a coyote brown water bottle carrier hanging off the side, and they look practically the same color.

SHAGNASTY and Chris97 like this.
  20. js27mw11

js27mw11 Loaded Pockets

Nice patches!