1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Show us What Fountain Pens You're EDCing!

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by A144, May 18, 2014.

1. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Lamy Safari Charcoal fine tip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. sino2

sino2 Loaded Pockets

hightly interesting unique design!

Inner Prop likes this.
  3. plumberroy

plumberroy Loaded Pockets

I will get pictures soon . I have been bitten by the fountain pen bug big time :nah_disagree:
    I bought a pilot metropolitan retro pop fine point in green on a whim . I liked it, so Staples a Parker Jotter fountain pen with medium point so I bought that .......... I got to reading here and had to have a Lamy Safari in yellow fine point .......... I had a Monteverde Jewelria mini in burgundy on my watch list . My wife was ordering something and went ahead and ordered
    it now she's feeding my habit :eek: ....................... Kaweco Perkoe in blue and white medium point . looked neat so I now have one. I thought it would be neat to set up a pen with sepia ink just couldn't decide which one to do that So I have a Monteverde Monza in honey amber medium point in bound:bounce:

Moshe ben David likes this.
  4. PragmaticMurphyist

PragmaticMurphyist Loaded Pockets

I've just ordered the same one!

Great minds! :cool:

5. Gary Weinheimer

Gary Weinheimer Loaded Pockets

That is a nice looking pen.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

6. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen Loaded Pockets

It is my daily user. I like the matte finish and that the tip is dark as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. PragmaticMurphyist

PragmaticMurphyist Loaded Pockets

I have one in Petrol Blue loaded with Diamine Eau de Nil doing the same duty. This one is to allow me to experiment with other inks while still having the daily writer to hand!

8. porkchop

porkchop Loaded Pockets

I use a Platinum Preppy in 0.2 daily in my job and my Bullet Journal. I converted it to an eyedropper and have it filled with Lamy Blue ink.
    I also carry a Platinum Preppy in 0.3 and a Silver Pilot Metropolitan with an Extra Fine nib. Both pens are filled with a blue ink of some variety.

I have several other Pilot, Platinum, and a few Lamy pens that I rotate in and out on a daily or weekly basis.

9. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

I don't have any further photos to share, but I've hit an obstacle that I'm sure is familiar to EDCers with other items. If you have multiple instances of an item, how do you rotate them? I have accumulated a selection of about 16 fountain pens - none super expensive - but I seem to carry at least half of them with me during my working day in my Tom Bihn Copilot, which even with their different inks is madness.
    The pens range from bulky orange Diplomat Aero and Kaweco Elite though to more discrete Lamy CP1 and Tombow Zoom101. When scooting around the building to meetings, I find myself carrying Lamy Vistas ...

To further my decent into the maelstrom, I have started obsessing about losing them because I can't remember if a specific pen is in my work bag, my laptop or desk-tidy....you get the picture.

Do you have fixed pens for work/EDC and a fixed collection at home?

twin63 likes this.
  10. WillAdams

WillAdams Loaded Pockets

One daily user, one backup in my EDC bag, one backup at my desk at work, one signature pen at my desk in my den --- everything else is un-inked and safely cleaned / stored --- when a pen other than my daily user runs out of ink, I clean it, and rotate it w/ one of the ones from storage.

For pens, it's my experience that leaving them unused

- for days is okay
    - for weeks may be okay
    - for a month almost definitely not okay
    - for months, not okay for most pens and too-many inks, clean and store

11. landwire
    • In Omnia Paratus

landwire Loaded Pockets

I have a collection of Pilot Metros that sit on my desk. All but one has been cleaned up and out. While they were not my first fountain pen, they were the ones that got me really interested. My daily pens also live at my desk while at work now. My current job is not a fountain pen friendly place. Disposable ball point pens is the way to go. While not an official policy, there is way too much hustle and bustle. Pens are lost constantly.

12. sygyzy

sygyzy Loaded Pockets

I just inked up a Parker 51 with some Diamine Poppy Red ink. I'll be adding it to the rotation.

[​IMG]

twin63 and Moshe ben David like this.