1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Show us What Fountain Pens You're EDCing!

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by A144, May 18, 2014.

1. ThurstyUSMC

ThurstyUSMC Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    I'll jump on the Kaweco Sport bandwagon. I'm so confident in the pen I'm currently carrying it with Noodler's Bay State Blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sino2, kkay, Patrick87 and 3 others like this.
  2. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

A144
    The 2000 is an excellent pen, but it's not one of those pens that everyone gets along with. If you're at all on the fence about whether or not you'll like it, I'd recommend trying it out before you buy it. I love mine :)

Sherwood Green is a beautiful green. In my writing sample (in a Rhodia No. 11, as is my standard of measure), it's quite a foresty green, for want of a better term. To compare it to an "accepted" shade, I would say that it's closest to Kelly green. Using a fine Lamy Safari as a tester, it shades well on ink resistant papers and is fairly well behaved on copier paper and the like, with a little bit of show through and a modicum of bleed, but nothing horrible in my experience, and I haven't noticed any huge drying problems (however, dry time is not one of those things I really focus on). I haven't tried a huge number of greens (I can only remember three or four) but this one is my favorite and I intend to get a 30ml bottle of it at some point in the future. If you like green inks, I'd say it's worth trying out :)

kkay, Patrick87 and madlag like this.
  3. A144
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

A144 Loaded Pockets

thatotherguy You could say I have a thing for green inks... I'm sure I'll end up with a bottle of Sherwood Green sooner or later.

Picture evidence:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my HTC One M8 via Tapatalk

DCBman, kkay, Patrick87 and 3 others like this.
  4. madlag

madlag Banned

TheMechanic A144

LOL sorry guys i somehow missed your mentions in my feed:unsure:
    Pics coming (or it didn't happen, right?)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. madlag

madlag Banned

[​IMG]

When I don't carry it in that dedicated slip I sometimes carry it in my leather pocket protector with my brass beta qr. -bottom right of my edc.

Overall I'm impressed with size and build quality. However, I think the "fine" Nib flows more like medium and is a bit scratchy for me. My Pilot Elite puts it to shame. But its still a sweet piece of kit:D

Replete, QuodErat, kkay and 2 others like this.
  6. Lukas

Lukas Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    Demonstrator FTW : )

A144, Bowman1911, Patrick87 and 4 others like this.
  7. Safetyfast

Safetyfast Loaded Pockets

Love the Monaco!

Patrick87 and madlag like this.
  8. madlag

madlag Banned

Thank you sir!

Patrick87 likes this.
  9. madlag

madlag Banned

[​IMG]
    Carried this new vanishing point around today. I had to send the the Pilot Elite back for a replacement. The green ink is new as well. I love the color but not sure about it's readability on white paper.

Gary Gross, DCBman, Ataki and 7 others like this.
  10. Heywood Floyd

Heywood Floyd Loaded Pockets

For the sake of a broader family photo, here is your very nice Vanishing Point's older relative, along with his ammo cartridge options ...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

kkay, A144, Bowman1911 and 3 others like this.
  11. madlag

madlag Banned

Looks very good. I'm liking the vanishing point. I'm almost regretting not get a bit more of a flashy version. The burgundy/gold model looked nice. I'm still torn on how it writes compared to the elite.

In other news my Kaweco Liliput is total crap for a writer so far. Goes dry every other word... skips and scratches...

kkay, Patrick87 and Heywood Floyd like this.
  12. Safetyfast

Safetyfast Loaded Pockets

Ammo cartridge options?

Patrick87 and Heywood Floyd like this.
  13. Heywood Floyd

Heywood Floyd Loaded Pockets

I purposely got the murdered out version because there are more than enough other loud fountain pens for a lifetime in my inventory.
    The Pilot VP with three different nib cartridge assemblies, namely fine, medium and modded broad from John Mottishaw was cheaper than buying 3 x VPs and I had enough difficulty finding one faceted matt black version in the first place.
    The nibs and feeds work faultlessly and even the Mottishaw duckbill nib doesn’t run lean. A testament to his skill.
    The only con I can convey about my VP experience is the fiddly trap (nib) door cleaning needed once in a blue moon and after significant use.
    Metaphorically speaking ... shooting words - the assembly, of which you only see part in my posted pic is loaded like a firearm cartridge. The assembly holds the nib, feed and ink reservoir (piston pump or bladder squeeze or disposable ink cartridge) in one unit that is slid into the barrel from the click end.

A144, Patrick87 and madlag like this.
  14. madlag

madlag Banned

Yea I was a little worried about the trap door and in truth that's why I stayed away for so long. I've been writing with it all morning and am really digging it so far

Patrick87 and Heywood Floyd like this.
  15. A144
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

A144 Loaded Pockets

Have you tried flushing it thoroughly? Warm water with a tiny bit of dish soap then flush well with clean water. Residual manufacturing oils can wreak havoc with new pens.

After that, I'd contact the retailer if it was a reputable one with good customer service or Kaweco for assistance.

Ben Rubinstein, Patrick87 and madlag like this.
  16. madlag

madlag Banned

Thanks for the advice friend. I haven't flushed it but I will. I bought from jetpens so if I can't get it straight I'll send them a note. I'm assuming Kaweco has a good warranty too?

Patrick87 and A144 like this.
  17. A144
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

A144 Loaded Pockets

madlag To be honest, I've never really heard much about Kaweco's warranty. I did a quick search that didn't turn anything up. If it comes down to contacting Kaweco, I'd be interested in hearing how it goes.

Patrick87 and madlag like this.
  18. madlag

madlag Banned

I'll definitely be reporting back!

Ben Rubinstein, Patrick87 and A144 like this.
  19. artaxerxes

artaxerxes Loaded Pockets

I wrote a review of this pen some years back and now I have started writing with it once more.After some work to get the ink flowing again it's a pleasure :
    [​IMG]

DCBman, Patrick87, Replete and 3 others like this.
  20. Hassan Nurullah

Hassan Nurullah Loaded Pockets

So...After a year of finding myself almost exclusively reaching for it daily, like I did with the Peak Eiger flashlights, I am officially naming the Kaweco AL Sport my exclusive choice for EDC writing instrument--I've added one in raw aluminum to the rotation. Whether carrying it in my pocket or using the clip for shirt pocket carry--The Al Sport is the perfect fit!

When posted it's a very comfortable and smooth writer and the nib seems to have only gotten better with daily use. It has never dried out, nor does it skip, or train track--My only complaint is there really isn't a good converter for this small of a pen. The Monteverde converter is suggested, but I didn't care for it at all so I've been running J. Herbin cartridges: Eclat De Saphir and Perle Noir.

[​IMG]