1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Show us What Fountain Pens You're EDCing!

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by A144, May 18, 2014.

1. nikao

nikao Loaded Pockets

My new one is a Retro51 Tornado Lincoln EXT with a M nib, have not really used it yet. Does anyone know if I could get a stub nib for it?

[​IMG]

2. Sammyboulder

Sammyboulder Empty Pockets

Taking notes with a fountain pen is so much more enjoyable! Especially If you use an ink color that you love (I use a dark pink). Just be ready to explain to people why they can't "try" your pen...unless you're more trusting than me! :p

3. A144
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

A144 Loaded Pockets

I couldn't find what size nib these pens take, or if the nib is even removable from the section. If it seems to be close in size to a standard #6, and you've got a spare laying around give it a try. If not, buy the cheapest Jinhao x750 or x450 you can find on eBay to test the nib. Or you can just buy a #6 stub from Goulet to try.

Sent from my HTC One M8 via Tapatalk

Bowman1911 and Patrick87 like this.
  4. A144
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

A144 Loaded Pockets

I've let a few people try a TWSBI 580 but am more inclined to let them try out my Pilot Metro if I'm carrying it.

Patrick87 likes this.
  5. Ben Rubinstein

I did some research on that one, seems to only come with a medium nib.

nikao and Patrick87 like this.
  6. A144
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

A144 Loaded Pockets

And here's the pic of the Eco I promised, compared to a 580.

[​IMG]

sino2, DCBman, nikao and 5 others like this.
  7. Elathan

Elathan Loaded Pockets

after reading this forum, i decided to go back to using a fountain pen. i was going to order one on my day off, but i had to sort out the shed while the weather was good, ( we only get one dry day to about 223 days of rain here in the UK! ) when in a drawer i found this! i bought these in 2009, it was a 20th anniversary edition for tim burtons batman film. i remember misplacing them within weeks of buying them and never getting round to even putting a cartridge in the fountain pen!
    so i got some cartridges for the fountain pen ( the ballpoint worked right away ) and have been edcing them in there tin at work ever since. and im loving using a fountain pen, i find im actually writing to much in patients notes now! im now looking at getting something a bit more serious, so i can try different nibs ect.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sino2, nikao, Bowman1911 and 2 others like this.
  8. polonium9

polonium9 EDC Junkie!!!

I'm not more trusting than you!

If someone asks, I prefer to hand them the Jinhao 159. It's chunky, and I wouldn't mind the $1.59 loss if something happened to it.
    The Kaweco Sport is my pocket go-to Fountain pen. I rarely carry a pen other than the Kaweco now, it's just that good.
    I also got off brand ink, 50 short cartridges for under $10. It should last me a long while, at least through the semester!

Highly recommend the Kaweco sport. Works every darn time I yank it out of the pocket.
    (I also had a gift card for $25, so it ended up being about $2 of actual bank money for me to spend. hehe)

nikao, Ben Rubinstein and Patrick87 like this.
  9. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

Sammyboulder
    I'm the same way with my pens... I have to trust someone a lot to lend them a fountain pen (or even a decent ballpoint). I tend to jump around with colors and inks, though... the idea of a dark pink intrigues me though :) maybe I'll pick up a sample or two in my next package from the Goulets (after I work through the 17 or so samples I still have yet to try...)

Welcome to the forum, by the way. Enjoy the addiction ;)

nikao, Bowman1911 and Patrick87 like this.
  10. Sammyboulder

Sammyboulder Empty Pockets

polonium9
    I'll have to check out the Kaweco! It looks just narrow enough that I could comfortably use it with my little hands.

thatotherguy
    Luckily I have converters in all my pens, so I limit myself to the two or three bottles I have until they're used up - otherwise the options would get very dangerous. And thank you! Long time lurker/admirer. The forum has fueled yet another expensive hobby :help: It you haven't found it yet, I highly recommend fountainpennetwork.com. I'm not sure if I've spent more time on there or here :D

11. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

Sammyboulder
    I'm thatotherguy1 on FPN. Great forum. Fairly new over there but enjoying every moment :)

Moshe ben David, nikao and Patrick87 like this.
  12. Radley
    • In Omnia Paratus

Radley Uber Prepared

NOT a good day!!!
    Got my pen court on my coat and snapped the built in pocket clip!! I have had the boker plus CID Cal45 for a ages now and have used it everyday since. I have had to smooth it off and form the ends as best I could for now but sad to think Im going to have to update on the EDC pen I had no wants to change. Not the most expensive pen around but it has been perfect for my needs for over three years now.
    [​IMG]
    Anyone looking to offload a Ti version or Bolt you can always PM me.

13. tandem

tandem Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Cross Aurora

Last Safari (Fine)

Pilot Metropolitan (Fine)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sino2, nikao, Bowman1911 and 2 others like this.
  14. A144
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

A144 Loaded Pockets

Got my black Eco with 1.1 stub in today. The stub is narrower than others of the same size I have. Works well inked up with Diamine Majestic Purple.

nikao, Bowman1911 and Patrick87 like this.
  15. usk15

usk15 Loaded Pockets

I have bought exactly the same set from EBay! Actually I''l give this set to my daughter when she turn 8 YO.
    Anyway Parker Vector it's a workhorse pen, no matter if FP, MP or BP...but it's too slim for my preferences!
    Enjoy yours!

16. polonium9

polonium9 EDC Junkie!!!

The Kaweco Sport

[​IMG]

I can attest to it's "sport name". I've run with it, I've done construction with it, I've carried it literally everywhere I know. It is the best fountain pen for my uses and fits perfectly into a little carrying thing with an LM Micra and Thrunite Ti3. It hasn't failed once. It's a work horse. Oh, did I mention no ink leakages? Did I mention it doesn't waste ink? It's my favorite and I recommend you get one for yourself.

(I had a gift card, though, and got it for $1.90)

sino2, Inner Prop, nikao and 5 others like this.
  17. nikao

nikao Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Got it apart and will order a #6 Goulet thanks for the help. Hope I don't have problems but I think stub makes a fountain pen better then a ball point.

18. nikao

nikao Loaded Pockets

It worked, been using it for 2 days now and no problems.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sino2, Patrick87, A144 and 2 others like this.
  19. Ben Rubinstein

That's really good to know, I loved the look of it but didn't want to be stuck with a medium nib.

madlag and Patrick87 like this.
  20. Safetyfast

Safetyfast Loaded Pockets

Lamy Safari today. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sino2, DCBman, madlag and 2 others like this.