1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Show Them Skinth! (Skinth Loadout Gallery, Part 2.)

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by irishaj, Apr 25, 2014.

1. mirrorsbrightly

mirrorsbrightly Loaded Pockets

I got mine in today! Ordered 5/20, arrived to me in California on 7/25. Part of that long turn around is partially due to the fact that mine was cusomized some and definitely due to the Canadian Postal strike. I will upload some pics tomorrow.

Nekolf and Eskerbillion like this.
  2. mirrorsbrightly

TLDR / Mobile users: http://imgur.com/a/rdZer

My first Skinth! Now I am apart of the cool kids club! I ended up deciding on a Skinth Plus with one open tube that is 1 inch in diameter (to accommodate larger flashlights) and the other tube closed at 3/4 inches. I also asked if Metro could add a trauma shear slot like he has on this prototype. He knocked that little mod out of the park. The Plus is a little bigger than my Leatherman Wave needs but I wanted to be able to have different options on loadout and not be limited by the Skinth being a little too small.

Metro also mailed me a few patches. Here is the front:
    [​IMG]

Back:
    [​IMG]

I will end up using this some at work as an EMT (medic school starts soon, wish me luck!) Probably only on the 24 hour shifts though, that way I can be comfortable not having all of my stuff in my pockets and when we get a call I can clip on the Skinth and have what I need. I will probably not wear it every day because my 5.11 pants already have enough pockets to house everything and I don't want to be Ricky Rescue.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EMS contents:
    Titanium Trauma Shears
    Mini Sharpie
    Cut down Bic Clic pen
    Leatherman Wave
    Thrunite T10
    Leatherman Brewzer (for the O2 wrench and box cutter)
    Benchmade 7 Rescue Hook
    10ish feet of Paracord to fill bottom under Leatherman

I more than likely will be using this more when I am camping / hiking / backpacking. This is the real reason I purchased it. Right now I just have the ESEE Izula shoved in there, I will make up a kydex sleeve for it to go into so it does not cut my shinny new Skinth. Here are some pics of that loadout:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Camping contents:
    ESEE Izula
    Thrunite T10
    Mini Bic lighter
    Leatherman Wave
    Fenix TK11 R5
    Leatherman Brewzer
    Leatherman Bit card
    10ish feet of Paracord to fill bottom under Leatherman

This is not the final loadouts but more so just what I shoved in there for some pictures. Depending on the trip I am going on I will just grab what I need out of this pile o stuff.
    [​IMG]

The only problem now is I am already trying to decide what to get next...

Last edited by mirrorsbrightly, Jul 26, 2016
    Melders, Nick4305, pacrawshaw and 9 others like this.
  3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

mirrorsbrightly: All the best with your training. Noticed you have a BM rescue hook there. I have them in my FAK's; I had seen a BM video and was very impressed. Showed the video to an ER doc who is a friend and he was also. Still, I always wonder how many EMT's and/or other ER folks rock these. I've been told that some have concerns on how to keep them sharp but more have concerns that these would 'walk away' during the 'heat of battle' so to speak. Looking forward to hearing your impressions and experiences of these BM rescue hooks; maybe in the knife or sharps forum?

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

Nekolf likes this.
  4. MicroMike

MicroMike Loaded Pockets

I love my Shield L but I would like to add a few more things to my load out, mini bic, and maybe a little fixed blade.

The "compactness" of the Shield L is awesome. Which model would be larger but still maintain the proportions? Shield XL?

I was looking at the Skinth Plus but I am not a huge fan of the side flaps. I prefer the way the shields lid portion is wider and keeps things in the side tubes.

[​IMG]

Water-Rat likes this.
  5. buckshot

buckshot Loaded Pockets

Time to post some of my Skinth items.

These first two pictures show a Skinth pouch I carried in my front pocket for the past year (please pardon the pocket lint), I got tired of the bulk and decided to replace the skinth and its contents with a keychain that would provide me with a light, knife/scissors/screwdriver, flash drive and of course keys.

So far I am happy with the change, I do miss the SAK but I dont miss its bulk.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These next two shots are of another Skinth that I occasionally toss into a bag to take with me, or I carry it on my belt (tried that today, it was ok but fairly heavy). I need to get some bits into the kit for the leatherman and lose the knockoff pocket tool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These last two pictures are of a Skinth I planned to carry a Leatherman Juice in, but it was too big for the Juice. It turns out one of my SAKs fits in nicely, I just have to figure out what to carry in the spot I have the sharpy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. mash4077

mash4077 Loaded Pockets

Can anyone help me with finding a Skinth That would carry a Victorinox Swisstool in the middle, and to the left of that in a small seperate pocket a pair of knipex mini cobra pliers, and to the right of the Swisstool a small single AAA light like the fenix LD02?.

Also preferably with either velcro and snap closure or just side by side double snap closures.

7. Moshe ben David

mash4077: have you tried to ask the proprietor of Skinth? Everything I read about him on these forums says he is pretty receptive on these sort of queries..

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

8. shauz

shauz Loaded Pockets

Hi guys,

Is it normal for a 2 month wait ? Placed an order on the 7th of July and its been close to 2 month and nothing :( getting a tad worried here !

9. AV8R

AV8R Loaded Pockets

I have the Skinth P2 always in my front left pocket. The P2 features two perfectly sized pockets to hold my HDS Tactical Rotary and two spare CR123 batteries. The back panel slot holds a RUT (Rexford Utility Knife).

10. fisk-king

fisk-king Loaded Pockets

Send them an email about the order.

Typed by my butler Jenkins on tapatalk

11. fisk-king

fisk-king Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Typed by my butler Jenkins on tapatalk

Tallboyjim likes this.
  12. mash4077

mash4077 Loaded Pockets

I wanted to ask here because I know the owner is probably busy and I would feel bad about bugging him.

13. shauz

shauz Loaded Pockets

Yeah I did sent him a msg on EDCforum but no reply figured he's probably very busy, will shoot him an email today thanks for the advice guys !

Ray Loftis likes this.
  14. mirrorsbrightly

I believe he may reply to his Facebook a little more frequently.

15. Moshe ben David

Has anyone tried entering a query on the Skinth website? IIRC, there is a provision for entering such a query for a custom item?

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

16. willfcc

willfcc Empty Pockets

I received a Facebook reply within 20 minutes about a month ago.

Will

17. zestyalpaca

zestyalpaca Loaded Pockets

Through both the Skinth website and email I've usually gotten a response within a few days. I'm sure he's super busy creating these masterpieces, but Eric's always been really helpful and friendly in his replies. Two months doesn't seem too unusual from what I gather, so now we play the waiting game. I'm only two weeks in :cry:

18. oxford_guy

oxford_guy Loaded Pockets

Does anyone know which would be the best (but smallest) Skinth Sheath that would fit this load-out?:
    I like my Leatherman Knifeless Fuse (I'm from the UK, so can't carry locking blades without risk), but prefer to use full-size bits, rather than the rattly Leatherman bits and a ratchet (but prefer the Topeak Ratchet to the Victorinox one), so would like something to carry this combo in one sheath.

This would be similar to the Victorinox Swisstool Spirit XC Plus Ratchet load-out, only with the addition of the Leatherman Mako Ti (and no corkscrew!), something like this (in fact if that case is available separately, maybe that's an option? Though the main compartment might be a bit loose for my Fuse):

[​IMG]

Tallboyjim likes this.
  19. Nenavist

Nenavist Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

[​IMG] What Skinth is this?

Thanks!

Tallboyjim likes this.
  20. Voidspawn

Voidspawn Loaded Pockets

That's the 2xl shield, I believe.