1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Show Them Skinth! (Skinth Loadout Gallery, Part 2.)

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by irishaj, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

Did you have to alter your leatherman in any way to make it fit? I was reading a thread about it and it mentioned something about filing down that section to make it fit properly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Beynon5

Beynon5 Loaded Pockets

What size is this sheath.. the L or XL? :)

3. Beynon5

Beynon5 Loaded Pockets

No not at all, it fits pretty much straight away, I had read that it needed filing but it didn't. Btw, you will need to tap the holes for the grub screws. Dont make the mistake I did by buying a cheap tap set because they will snap in it!

4. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

XL prototype:)

Beynon5 likes this.
  5. eternus

eternus Empty Pockets

Thanks! I had seen his build thread on the Multitool site I think, but it wasn't clear that he went off and started a Shapeways store.

Does he go over where someone might buy the "grub screws" it requires?

6. Beynon5

Beynon5 Loaded Pockets

Yeah I'm sure it says in the bottom of the shapeways listing, if not I'll find them in my purchase history for you :)

7. W-D

W-D Loaded Pockets

[​IMG] [​IMG] in cargo pocket

8. Kevin Chen

Kevin Chen Empty Pockets

Everyday front right pocket.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Water-Rat, Nekolf and Tallboyjim like this.
  9. MaiTi

MaiTi Loaded Pockets

I got my 2XL Shield today and I am happy with it.

[​IMG]

10. venom150

venom150 Empty Pockets

Hi all what great site! My first post, anyone know if it's still possible to order a skinth plus or xl with one 1.25" side tube. I know custom skinths are a thing of the past but I really want a smaller one with a 1.10 flashlight. I tried emailing them but no response I no he is very busy, any help is greatly appreciated.

11. MaiTi

MaiTi Loaded Pockets

I was told to use Facebook to contact them but woe to those that don't use Facebook, like me. Emails are so 90s and answering emails is even worse.

Their product is great but the communication or better the lack of it is a huge disadvantage.

If you chose to buy from them bring patience and don't try to communicate with them, it makes it worse. Pick, order, pay, wait and be glad when you get your holster. The last sentence sounds an awful lot like the order process of a car in Eastern Germany. You had to wait 14 years and take what you where given.

12. venom150

venom150 Empty Pockets

I don't mind the wait been looking threw every skinth page for months drooling trying to figure which too get.
    I'll just request a 1.5" light pocket in comments, if I get it great! If not guess I'll have to go ti flashlight shopping again.
    But hey we all need just a nudge to buy new edc gear right. Lol

13. Nitewalker

Nitewalker Loaded Pockets

My order was shipped on March 30th. When should I worry that it's lost?

14. Dfwde

Dfwde Loaded Pockets

I would contact him, it only took a week or two once it shipped for me.

15. Dfwde

Dfwde Loaded Pockets

I would contact him, it only took a week or two once it shipped for me.

16. Nitewalker

Nitewalker Loaded Pockets

Sent Email to Eric. He is going to figure out where it went. He was shocked I haven't received it yet.

17. mirrorsbrightly

mirrorsbrightly Loaded Pockets

I am trying to decide which one to get. I am leaning towards either a + or a shield XL. The main thing I want to carry is a leatherman and a single AA flashlight. Other than that I think I will end up varying a bit card and want a little room to carry something else. A few questions though:
    What size is his belt clip? I have read the website twice and can't find a number of what size belts the optional clip will accommodate.
    How do I find out how much it will cost to have him do some add ons other than what is listed? I hear Eric is a little hard to get ahold of. Should I just spec what I want when I order it and let him get in contact with me? Does he still alow custom requests?

18. Rockslide

Rockslide Loaded Pockets

Skinth L Shield, chocolate brown with brass buttons.

[​IMG]
    I might be a touch immature for my 31 years but it kinda looks like a smiley face with it's tongue sticking out, :p I like it. I also love that I can just clip it on and go without worrying about losing it, the clip is great and with my TGT wallet, keys and phone it covers the basic necessities for my day to day life.

[​IMG]
    Modded Leatherman Wave. Gerber EAB lite. ~3inch usb to micro for my Note 5. Tension wrench, Maratac rev 3 AAA copper, a little electrical tape, and a fisher stowaway pen.

[​IMG]
    I like to see pics with peoples' stuff packed away where it goes, so here is mine. Everything fits comfortably and it's all relatively easy to get at. The usb cord has to be removed to get at the tension wrench which is a little annoying but it works and is secure. I figure I'll eventually make a tension wrench to custom fit into the wave somewhere so it's removable and out of the way. It's on my To Do list with a few other mods for some day when I'm not so lazy. In any event, I've been really happy with my purchase and plan to eventually get a larger Skinth to clip on my tool bag. I'm liking the look of the magnum at the moment.

BCNZ, pacrawshaw, Nekolf and 2 others like this.
  19. mirrorsbrightly

mirrorsbrightly Loaded Pockets

Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger a plus with some modifications earlier today. Now the waiting game begins! I just checked my email. It still hasn't shipped yet. :(

20. Sonorum

Sonorum Loaded Pockets

Hello everybody! With all your combined skinth knowledge maybe you could help me with a simple question: Which is the smallest skinth that will carry one LM bit card? I'm looking for the smallest skinth possible for a skeletool, bit card and extender, preferably of the shield series.