1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Show Them Skinth! (Skinth Loadout Gallery, Part 2.)

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by irishaj, Apr 25, 2014.

1. NordicThor

NordicThor Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Skinth OG as my hunting EDC
    The Olight s10 fits perfectly in the side pocket.
    LM Charge, bit kit, fire steel and tinder is fitted as well.

The only thing left now is the capsule for a spare cr123 in the other side pocket and a pry bar.

Snö tack!!!'

Joost Heijnen, Nekolf, g_dan and 4 others like this.
  2. Ash211

Ash211 Empty Pockets

What Skinth do I need to carry the following:
    HDS Rotary Flashlight
    Extra CR123 battery in a Countycomm Delrin Battery case
    Maybe a small knife

I'm looking for the smallest possible Skinth with a spring steel belt clip. Thanks.

Nekolf and tfbraden like this.
  3. Ash211

Ash211 Empty Pockets

Just ordered an S Shield, hopefully that works. Now the wait begins...up to 45 business days plus 6-10 days shipping is gonna suck.

tfbraden and Nekolf like this.
  4. KeyeEl

KeyeEl EDC Junkie!!!!!

There isn't any way that those items will fit into an S Shield. I have a Rotary, CR123 Delrin case and just test fitted everything into my Shields.

The S Shield flap isn't long enough to snapped closed with a Rotary inside. The side pockets on ALL the shields aren't really wide enough to accommodate anything larger in diameter than a AAA Light/AAA case/pen/etc. There may be a small and thin knife that will fit in the side pockets, but I tried my Victorinox Cadet and it was too big. Maybe a Case toothpick, Vic Classic or similar would work.

The M Shield is just large enough to comfortably fit the Rotary and Vic Cadet side by side. Keep in mind that the side pockets take space from the main pocket when they are loaded up. With the Rotary and Cadet, there is *barely* enough room for a Fisher Bullet Space Pen in one side pocket, and the other side pocket would need to remain empty.
    -I am able to place the CR123 Delrin case next to the Rotary but it ends up being a really snug fit. When you remove the light, the case will lay horizontal in the bottom of the Skinth and need to be reset every time you use the light. The Shields also have open an bottom on the main pocket and the case could work itself out in that scenario.

No Agenda, tfbraden and Nekolf like this.
  5. Ash211

Ash211 Empty Pockets

I really just need the S Shield to hold my HDS Rotary in the main compartment and the cr123 in a Delrin case in one of the side compartments...I don't have to have room for a knife. Will this work or should I change my order?

6. KeyeEl

KeyeEl EDC Junkie!!!!!

It still won't work in the S Shield. The S Shield flap won't snap closed with the Rotary in it, and the CR123 case is too thick in diameter to fit into the side pockets. As I stated above, I can fit the Rotary and CR123 case side by side in the main pocket of an M Shield but every time you remove the Rotary, the CR123 case will fall down sideways.

This creates two problems. First, you will have to move it vertical every time you want to insert the Rotary back into the M Shield. Second, the bottom of the shields are open on the sides. The CR123 delrin case is small enough that it could slide out the side when the Rotary is out of the sheath/being used.

No Agenda, tfbraden and Nekolf like this.
  7. Ash211

Ash211 Empty Pockets

Do you think Skinth could make the flap slightly longer on the S Shield so my HDS would fit or is that custom and they don't do custom orders anymore? I can jerry rig something with para cord so the Delrin case can hang off of it. I don't want to go bigger than an S shield and I don't want anything else in the same pocket as my precious HDS rotary.

8. KeyeEl

KeyeEl EDC Junkie!!!!!

The Shields are all laser cut patterns so I'm not sure there can be much (if any) customization. You'd have to ask. Definitely have to have the battery case hang outside it somewhere though.

I thought moving the snaps or using a side release buckle might work, but after testing it doesn't look like there is enough room left on the flap as-is.

Some pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Ash211

Ash211 Empty Pockets

I'll ask them. Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it.

10. Rainy
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rainy Uber Prepared

11. Ash211

Ash211 Empty Pockets

Just spoke to Skinth (very quick email response). I guess it's a no can do with making the flap slightly longer so I'm going with an M Shield...hopefully it's not too much bigger.

KeyeEl, tfbraden and Nekolf like this.
  12. Nekolf
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nekolf EDC Junkie

Skinth OG with Ti updated
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Kev2488

Kev2488 Loaded Pockets

Love that HDS!!!

14. Nekolf
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nekolf EDC Junkie

Thanks.:)

tfbraden and No Agenda like this.
  15. StevenNL83

StevenNL83 Empty Pockets

Got my Skinth!

some crappy cellphone pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And my current loadout, not pictured are a few needles and microSD card hidden behind the patch
    [​IMG]

Now what I don't like too much is how much space there is, it fits my 'max' loadout but I'm going to order a Shield soon to do a more minimal carry. Here showing how much room my Surge has:
    [​IMG]

I'd like to carry this:
    [​IMG]

So I'm thinking about a L-Shield, but will that work with the flap?? Can someone with similar carry show me theirs? tia :)

All in all, very satisfied! Would recommend.

Only change the letter, it ain't 2014 anymore ;-)

Last edited by StevenNL83, Sep 18, 2015
    Number_V, Tallboyjim, Nekolf and 3 others like this.
  16. KeyeEl

KeyeEl EDC Junkie!!!!!

I don't think an L would work. The side pockets on a Shield are just right to carry a AAA flashlight. Also keep in mind that the side pockets and front flat pocket take room away from the main pocket when full. Finally, the main pocket is open toward the bottom so smaller items (like your lighter, whistle, bit extender, prybars, etc.) can fall out. Anything that doesn't fit into the small pockets won't be able to go into the main pocket.

tfbraden, Nekolf and Antithetik like this.
  17. TheInsideOutsider

TheInsideOutsider Loaded Pockets

I have decided that I want a Skinth. The website states that an XL-Shield will hold a Surge in the main pocket, one Bit kit card in the front pocket, and a bit extension in one side pocket. With those items would I be correct in assuming that I could fit at least four jigsaw blades within some sort of slip case in the other side pocket?

Nekolf likes this.
  18. StevenNL83

StevenNL83 Empty Pockets

I noticed the picture with my "wanted" loadout didn't insert, I'm planning to carry this in the L-Shield:
    [​IMG]

Nekolf, Antithetik and No Agenda like this.
  19. TheInsideOutsider

TheInsideOutsider Loaded Pockets

I'm looking to carry a similar load out and I don't think the L will work. This is a direct quote from the Skinth L-Shield product page:
    "The L-Shield
    • Main Pocket: (2″ wide, 4″ tall, 1″ thick) LM Charge/Wave/Blast/Crunch/Rebar, Gerber MP400/Flik, Victorinox Swisstool Spirit
    • Front Pocket: (1.75″ wide, 3″ deep) LM Bit kit x1 OR LM/PTX Piranha tool
    • Side Pockets: (.75″ wide, 3″ deep) AAA flashlight/Fisher Space Pen, LM Bit Extension."
    I'm guessing the XL would be a better fit. This is from the XL page:
    "The XL-Shield
    • Main Pocket: (2″ wide, 4.5″ tall, 1″ thick) LM Surge/ST300/OHT, Gerber BLUNT NOSE MP600, Victorinox 111mm knives (OHT), Multitasker Series 2.
    • Front Pocket: (2″x3.5″) LM Bit kit x1 OR LM/PTX Piranha tool
    • Side Pockets: (1″x3″) AAA flashlight/Fisher Space Pen, LM Bit Extension"

Nekolf, tfbraden and Antithetik like this.
  20. StevenNL83

StevenNL83 Empty Pockets

Well, these dimensions are exactly why I'm asking if the LShield might be better. The main pocket of the Skinth XL I've got is 2″ wide, 1″ deep and 4.5″ long, and my Surge is like super loose in there. Not really a problem if I fill it out with stuff, but for the Shield I would like it to fit better.

Nekolf, tfbraden and Antithetik like this.