1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Show off your Leatherman Mods

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by ferris209, Jan 8, 2012.

1. tal-c

tal-c Loaded Pockets

Not too inovative - took my blue PS4 and sandblasted it. It got a nice stormy shade with darker marks where I oversanded it.
    Just in case someone is worried, the sandblasting did not effected the rust ressistace of any of the tools.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jolico, O_G, Nepki and 8 others like this.
  2. Stealth digger

Stealth digger Loaded Pockets

All these mods are fantastic!

dao likes this.
  3. babola

babola Loaded Pockets

I have few which I posted here and on MT.O previously.

1) BO MUT in custom "Black Ninja" finish. Plastic parts dyed black, bronze scraper sulfur treated for darker finish, Ti belt clip oxidized to get few extra shades of dark grey.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2) Original Charge TTi - "Oxy-ReCharge". Ti scales oxidised, S/S pivots and screws blued, button tops flattened.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3) Polished "Mirror Wave"
    [​IMG]

4) Acid-Stonewashed Wave
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5) "Slick Skeletool" - re-brushed all the surfaces and turned the screws and washers for nicer circular effect. Replaced the standard blade with the PE 154CM from the CX model.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have another minor mod in the works at the moment, as well as awaiting all parts for the Mini-Surge mod. :)

4. barrett50

barrett50 Loaded Pockets

Purchased this leatherman micra from the bay of e so I could do this. My plan is to use the other half for fold out keys. Sorry about the pictures, phone camera isn't amazing.

Before disassembly https://i.imgur.com/407OuZx.png
    Disassembled https://i.imgur.com/L9xFv6s.png
    Cleaned https://i.imgur.com/j8DwqCC.png
    Assembled https://i.imgur.com/73tztOT.png
    Other view https://i.imgur.com/7CKL1ck.png

The basic split ring will change when I come up with a better method. I had troubles putting the original attachment point back in a neat manner as I am only using parts from the tool.

ruudr and dao like this.
  5. iangineer

iangineer Loaded Pockets

Check out the side plate of roller chain. Maybe #40 or #60. You could drill out one of the two holes to fit the pivot screw diameter if needed.

dao likes this.
  6. recklesstryg

recklesstryg Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    #40 has a 0.156" diameter pini used a half link to put it on a keychain.

7. FenixArcher

FenixArcher EDC Junkie!!!

I modded my Mini Tool with a precision screwdriver in place of the blade.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MrOG, Bowman1911, Montetobuso and 8 others like this.
  8. babola

babola Loaded Pockets

My latest FU-BAR

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MrOG, Nepki, de Vries and 5 others like this.
  9. Tromba

Tromba Loaded Pockets

I posted this in another thread as well. Very minor mod, but it is my first so I am proud of it. I had an old blast as a donor that I don't use. I took out the mini eyeglass bit driver and substituted it in my wingman in place of the can opener. [​IMG][​IMG]

The_Wolf, txdm, Nepki and 4 others like this.
  10. Montetobuso

Montetobuso Loaded Pockets

Finally got around to get rid of the homemade awl and the small bit driver and put in the full-sized phillips from my old kick. Now i just have to decide what bit to keep as standard in the bit driver. I think it will be the PZ1/PZ2, at work I actually encounter Pozidrive more frequently than Phillips.

[​IMG]

It required some sanding and filing as it was a tad bit to wide besides the small flat driver, all done by hand.

The lonely large flat driver on the left is just an experiment to see what can be done about the finish of leatherman tools on my homemade buffing-wheel. I think I want to buff all the tools to as near as mirror-finish as I can get them when I finally get around to take the whole thing apart and re-anodize the scales. It doesn't show well in the picture, and it isn't really a mirror finish, but quite a bit more shiny than it was.

11. Ben Rubinstein

I wonder if there is room in the wingman for the full sized bit holder? It's all that's stopping me from buying one at the moment.

12. Tromba

Tromba Loaded Pockets

Not sure about the bit holder. Others would be able to answer that better than I. I have these extra bits that go with a different tool. They fit perfectly over the flathead driver on the wingman. These, in conjunction with the different size driver heads in there currently pretty much covers anything I would need.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Ben Rubinstein likes this.
  13. jtice

jtice Loaded Pockets

Can you tell me more about how you did this?
    I got some Oxi-Clean and tried this on mine, left it in there over an hour, it did NOTHING. Well, I think it cleaned it well.
    Did you mix it really strong? I think I had a couple teaspoons of it in a couple cups of water.

REDDEVIL likes this.
  14. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Empty Pockets

The wire cutter on the Wingman is almost useless. And I don't care for the spring opening pliers.

Swyped from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk Pro 4.5.2

15. Ben Rubinstein

To be frank the wire cutter on my skeletool isn't much better, was trying to cut a brake cable on my bike, didn't begin to work. I do however hate non spring loaded pliers.

16. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Empty Pockets

I had to check. Cables are particularly difficult to cut. My Rebar had no problem.

Swyped from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk Pro 4.5.2

17. Montetobuso

Montetobuso Loaded Pockets

The wirecutters on my charge have big issues as well. They have a really hard time cutting standard power cord. Guess I have to switch plier head... But what is more worrying is the play I experienced yesterday while trying to bend some sheet metal sideways until it snapped. I know this isn't really a nice way to treat my pliers, but still, this is not good:

[​IMG]

The play is in the pliers head, not the handles. In the end I just cut the splitring with the wirecutters instead.

Idox likes this.
  18. ramjet

ramjet Loaded Pockets

Wow, that is some serious lateral movement there. I would expect that on my Diesel, but not on a heavy duty charge or surge what have not...Maybe it is time to get a new plier head there. As much as my wire cutters are crap on my original ST 300, the pliers are ever so beefy. Maybe a charge with the new ST 300 head, could it be done?

Montetobuso likes this.
  19. speedy

speedy Loaded Pockets

Montetobuso
    Looks like a server case. A few tips:
    1. I found flush cutters are best for cutting in general; only use my Leatherman(s) in a pinch.
    Something like this will cut a nail in half which goes w/out saying for power cords no issue.
    [​IMG]
    2. When dealing with zip ties which in the IT world is quite often I just grab them with the tip of my Wave or Skeletool and twist/break them if I don't have a version of these cutters on me.
    3. When deal with those metal tabs I use the screwdrivers within the MT not the pliers and never had an issue.

Montetobuso likes this.
  20. Mass Movement

Mass Movement Empty Pockets

After taking apart a rebar to mod I somehow stripped out the bolt that holds the plier heads to the handles. Can anyone tell me me if they have found a torx replacement bolt and sleeve (or whatever it would be called) that I could get to replace the flat bolt and sleeve nut that comes with the rebar? Thanks guys for all the info I've learned from here, loving my modded wave with rebar head and awl.