1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Show off your Leatherman Mods

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by ferris209, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Crippletron
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Crippletron Loaded Pockets

Question for you "modder's". Is there a source for the large flat screwdriver on a charge.? I busted mine and I use the tool daily. Im so desperate I thought of buying a second so I don't go with out. I'm really disappointed how easily it broke and also thought about buying one of the competitors.

2. iangineer

iangineer Loaded Pockets

Pretty boring mod, but here it is anyway, haha.

Bought a Sidekick to pair with my Wingman and took it apart to create the single-wing wingman from the other thread. Ended up not liking it so I blended my favorite features from each back into a complete tool.

The Sidekick had less play in the pliers and I liked the plain edge vs. combo so I started with it as the base. Swapped the scissors in for the saw and the package opener in for the can opener. I always have my Brewzer with me and you can open a bottle with almost anything.

[​IMG]

3. iangineer

iangineer Loaded Pockets

I've got a Skeletool that's seen better days. It was given to me by a coworker who wrung it out pretty well over a few years. Plier tips are ground down from holding parts at the grinder, rust in several spots, etc.

Does anyone know if the bit driver from the Skeletool is the same as in the Wave and others? I'd like to swap it into my "Wingkick" hybrid posted above. I've seen the mod where a Wave's bit driver was swapped in and I'm hoping it's the same part, just riveted into the skeletool handle in different spots.

4. MartinC

MartinC Loaded Pockets

Nothing boring about that mod. That's really cool.

5. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

So, this post has me thinking about making a "TSA compliant" single-wing wingman (no blades, just scissors). :) Not sure if it would pass TSA or not.. but I think it's worth a try.. ;) Gonna pick up a Wingman today for donor parts and will try it out.. I will post updates here..

AK Adventurer likes this.
  6. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

My experience with LM customer service has been that they'll get it back to you repaired or replaced within two weeks after you ship it to them, assuming you're in the USA. Do you have something else you can carry for that long?

7. Crippletron
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Thanks for the reply. I actually found someone selling a handful of parts on the evilbay. Got the screwdriver I need,scissors,file, and a extra s30v blade for 25 shipped. Now I just have to go get the tamporproof torx.

chaosmagnet and FL Woods Bum like this.
  8. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

I think I looked at that actual sale when I was looking for an S30V blade, but I hate Evilbay so much I decided to buy from TX Tool Crafters instead. Glade to see you found what you needed!

9. dao

dao Loaded Pockets

It seems a lot of people around here hate it, I haven't yet found out why. I don't want to derail, just briefly please, why is the bay so evil?

10. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

I have had several incidents where I ordered one thing and I was sent the wrong thing. The seller then didn't make it right as I got some story that they shipped it to someone else and couldn't get it back. In my opinion, Ebay doesn't do enough to punish sellers who don't make good on situations like this. It's also a reliability thing for me, why by from a site I might not get what I pay for vs. Amazon or another reliable vendor.

dao likes this.
  11. dao

dao Loaded Pockets

Oh, I thought that's what the rating is for. Got bad item, give bad rating and don't buy from badly rated sellers. Although that won't help if it happens to you...

12. Crippletron
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

The few occasions I had an issue PayPal corrected for me and went after the seller. Now I also wouldn't purchase a spyderco paramilitary from it because of fakes. I did score my zt0562cf from the bay but paid out the ying yang for s#206

dao likes this.
  13. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

Sellers were good rated sellers with 97%+ positive feedback. Again, if Ebay can't or won't insure that their sellers actually ship the correct item from a winning bid then I have zero need to spend my money through their website. It's that simple. ;)

kertap75 and dao like this.
  14. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

Yeah, I got my cash back from Ebay, but what's the point of spending your time bidding on an item on a "auction site" if when you are done the only thing you get is your money back?? :uhhuh:

dao and SMAJ like this.
  15. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

This just gave me an idea. What if you made a TSA compliant "wing" and packed your allen key and the rest of the LM so that when you arrived anywhere, you could reassemble the entire thing? You could break it down for the flight home, too.

dao and FL Woods Bum like this.
  16. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

We are on the same page. :p I was hoping to surprise you, but you have to be SOOO smart! LOL

ramjet, dao, SMAJ and 1 other person like this.
  17. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Its a cross I bear;)

ramjet, dao, SMAJ and 1 other person like this.
  18. azJim

azJim Loaded Pockets

There

19. azJim

azJim Loaded Pockets

There is nothing boring about making a LM fit your needs. I often wish I could just order what I want in the size I want. ie Diamond file in a sidekick etc. I also hate combo blades, and the short saw is stupid. In other words, great post.

chaosmagnet and dao like this.
  20. Montetobuso

Montetobuso Loaded Pockets

This is mine. In detail here.

[​IMG]Also plan to put in a 3D philips from a kick instead of the homemade awl and the small bit driver. I don't use the awl as much in my job anymore, so it will go into my outdoor-wave, and the small bit driver see very little use, and after reading here how you can put it under the locking tab and use it without the driver, I don't think it will be a great loss (usually carry a bitcard anyway, so the bit will still be with me). And I have to get a donation SAK for big scissors instead of the saw.... Been meaning to do that for a long time......

angusW, REDDEVIL and dao like this.