1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Show me your FAKs.

Discussion in 'First Aid Station' started by ArkansasFan30, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Alberta STF

Alberta STF Empty Pockets

Not my full FAK but this is the blow out bag I keep in the console of my truck (and similar to what I have in my range bag)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bmstrong

bmstrong Loaded Pockets

Changes based on feedback, testing and product upgrades/updates:

Swapped the CAT G7 out for a SOFT-T Wide (New Buckle) for a couple reasons. I trust the AL handle more than I trust the plastic, the SOFT packs flat and I moved the TQ carry inside the STOMP. It's fine to carry externally for quick release but I really don't like my equipment rained, snowed are muddied on. Carrying the CAT on those Velcro tabs just wasn't helping when I was running or hiking. By siding the CAT into a TQ pouch it added even more bulk. Happy with the SOFT -TWNB. No happy with the current set up. Still testing.

Leatherman Raptor. The ability to collapse and stow a high quality shear is worth it's weight. Not wild about the cost but you get what you pay for. I consider the shear problem solved until the Raptor 2.

Swapped the Israeli 6" out for the new Israeli T3. I get more bang for the buck in features, extra gauze & pad, and a smaller footprint by going 4".

Surgilube has been moved to a small industrial zip bag. I removed the license holder due to space concerns.

volvoboy likes this.
  3. Easyrunning

Easyrunning Loaded Pockets

Bmstrong, I would ditch the oral barrier for CPR. They are worthless. CPR has mainly gone to compression only unless you have an advanced airway. Most everybody you do CPR on will vomit their entire stomach content and face shields will become useless. Stick to compression only or get a real face mask for breaths during CPR.

ProjeKtWEREWOLF likes this.
  4. kensington

kensington Loaded Pockets

Vanquest Fatpack 4x5 Gen 1 on my Cannae Triplex Acies range bag

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Stinson12

Stinson12 Loaded Pockets

Heres my kit. Nothing to crazy. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Brainstorm likes this.
  6. Brainstorm

Brainstorm Loaded Pockets

Looks good to me! A lot fancier than my boo-boo kit. :)

Crazy or not, key is to have something, and to have it with you when you need it! ;)

Stinson12 likes this.
  7. Stinson12

Stinson12 Loaded Pockets

Thanks! Hey most of the time the more simple the better!!

8. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

OK, got my TFAK (Trauma First Aid Kit) mostly sorted out :)

I've split it into three levels: Boo-Boo, non-urgent physio, and PANIC!

The Boo-Boo kit is at the top right of the photo, below; this part of the kit is for self-treatment only, due to the over the counter meds. This part of the kit includes:
    • A selection of fabric plasters (US: Band Aids),
    • Optrex eye spray (tired eye relief with witch hazel),
    • Blister pads,
    • A couple of Imodium tablets,
    • A days-worth of mild pain killers (Nerofen Meltlets, they don't require water, they dissolve in the mouth and taste simply disgusting!),
    • A couple of non-alcohol disinfectant wipes,
    • A uv-resistant chap stick,
    • A small factor 30 pack of sunscreen (not shown),
    • A couple of combination medicated toothpicks and flossing arms (care of Asda),
    • And some antibacterial gel.
    The Boo-Boo kit lives in the upper right pocket on the back of my Rush-24 pack.

The non-urgent physio kit is a simple roll of tape. The roll of green tape in the shot on the bottom right is essentially physio tape; it helps relieve some of the pain and irritation involved with small-scale non-stress point muscular pulls and sprains. You do NOT use it on load-bearing joints, of course. Again, this is for self-treatment only. However, it can also double as tape to hold bandages in place, if push comes to shove.

The roll of tape lives in the left upper pocket on the back of the Rush-24 pack.

Lastly, we have the PANIC kit, which is the Trauma kit, on the left of the photo.

This is for when things go seriously upside down. In here there are:
    • A CPR shield with one-way valve
    • An israeli-style 6" self-tensioning pressure bandage.
    • A standard pressure bandage.
    • A CAT-style tourniquet.
    • Small EMT shears in a protective pouch
    • More antibacterial gel
    • One eye dressing
    • One crepe bandage roll
    • Two more antibacterial non-alcoholic wipes
    • More fabric plasters
    • Two pairs of nitrile barrier gloves.
    The PANIC kit is contained in a Vanquest 5x8 First Aid pouch, which normally lives on the molle-strips on the right side of my Rush-24 pack.

All of the above now consists as my go-to-work TFAK.

I'm of the opinion that if you don't carry a first aid kit as a matter of course, you should re-consider where you're going to get one, when you need one.

Likewise, get the training to use the components properly; a basic first aid kit won't help you to know how to use the tourniquet, of course, but the rest (with the exception of the physio tape) will be covered in come part or other, and there's nothing to stop you completing more involved and comprehensive first aid courses down the road, as you be=come more confident in rendering aid where needed..

I have yet, by the way, to add the cold compress pack, burn gel, or any form of homeostatic agent, such as Celox-A pads or applicators or similar, yet; I'm likely to need to get a bigger first aid trauma pack for those - I see the need to get the BIG 7x10 Vanquest first aid pouch! However, not only is this one of those "Live and learn" things, I also need to check if it's legal for me to apply most of those items to a third party over here - the rules are damned stupid in places regards certain items of first aid equipment.

[​IMG]

9. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

I was just wondering, whats in your small pod with the purple lid? I find the combination of syringes and celox - but no tourniquet a bit odd, how come you decided not to carry one?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

10. Stinson12

Stinson12 Loaded Pockets

The vial with the purple lid is Epinephrine 1:1000. I actually do carry a TQ the orange band is one that you could use to start and IV and then I have a CAT that I just forgot to put in the photo.

11. tdb

tdb Loaded Pockets

This video is just a quick rundown of an ankle medkit carry option I use regularly.

Please, please, please get some basic training on tourniquet use and pressure dressing use. Please carry some medical equipment, especially a tourniquet, on you all the time or at least in a bag. The chances of you needing it are drastically higher than needing a CCW from car crashes, to stupid home accidents to mass casualty incidents like what happened in Las Vegas. You never know when you will need it and in the instance of what happened in Vegas some medical items would have been infinitely more helpful and lifesaving than a handgun. Very few places don't allow you to carry medical items, when properly used those items may save your life or the lives of those most dear to you.

kensington and pacrawshaw like this.
  12. _mg_

_mg_ Loaded Pockets

I made these for my family for Xmas. I carry one around wherever I go.

[​IMG]
    Fischer Space pen for size comparison.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

This one is in my bag or in a cargo pocket
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Along with this one
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RichardA76, volvoboy and pacrawshaw like this.
  14. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

[​IMG]
    TQ‘s, Kerlix and EMT shears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. bmstrong

bmstrong Loaded Pockets

What kind of pouch is that?

16. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

Maxpedition Proteus.

bmstrong likes this.
  17. addictedhealer

addictedhealer Loaded Pockets

Here is mine:

Also carry a first aid kit in truck along with spare Tourniquet on my ankle.

18. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

Here's my latest iteration of a compact trauma kit. Forget me unpacking it for extra pics. Total pain to repack it. It's the Multicam pouch in my EDC bag. Can add with my Haley chest rig so I bought Multicam.

Off the top of my head, there's a SOF T wide TQ, Sharpie, NPA and lube packet, Halo chest seal, Z fold gauze, QC Combat Gauze, Tegaderm, Steristrips, a couple of playing card sized BandAids, Israelie bdg, ABD pad rolled up around a bit of surgical foam, gloves, and a cheap and likely unusable CPR shield.

I also keep an Altoids tin with a variety of small health and medical items with myriad OTC and Rx meds. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Outbound and kensington like this.
  19. firemedic183

firemedic183 Loaded Pockets

You have a great set up!! One small suggestion would be to add a SAM Splint II (the military version, it is folded flat rather than rolled) and a roll of coban. You could easily slide the SAM splint in the pocket in the Goruck Bullet. If you really wanted to get crazy, I have seen two rolled up SAM splints used in conjunction with multiple TQs to form a junctional TQ in the pelvic area.

ArkansasFan30 likes this.
  20. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

Thanks. I'll have to look up improvised junctional tourniquets! I'd like to have a Sam splint but have always thought of using an improvisational splint.

I didn't realize I'd mis-keyed "Israeli."

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

firemedic183 likes this.