1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Show me your FAKs.

Discussion in 'First Aid Station' started by ArkansasFan30, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

Extraction?

2. Theo
    • In Omnia Paratus

Theo Loaded Pockets

Got to love auto-correct, didn't catch that one. Extraction was what I was going for. Emergency medical extradition, that would be interesting (perhaps the act of deporting a person from a country for crimes against medicine).

Ryan McKenzie likes this.
  3. ace19636

ace19636 Loaded Pockets

My EDC IFAK (ETK MK1)

Next to my hand
    [​IMG]

Inside all packed up tight
    [​IMG]

Contents
    [​IMG]

1) 2x quick clot sponges 3"x24"
    2) 2x pairs of gloves
    3) 2x 3" Hema-Flex compression bandages
    4) 5x9 petroleum gauze
    5) 6x bandaids 3 large 3 small
    6) TK4 tourniquet
    7) Wound stop compression bandage
    8) 1 yard athletic tape
    9) 1 yard duct tape

Edamhcneb, Brainstorm and pacrawshaw like this.
  4. JPE

JPE Loaded Pockets

Just posted this in my thread.

Re-thinking my FAK.

This has been my 'throw in the bag' FAK for years now. Going fishing, hiking, photo walks, day trips, this was the kit I carried around.

All packed in a pouch I bought in the drugstore.
    Front view
    [​IMG]
    Top view
    [​IMG]
    Side view
    [​IMG]

Contents of the outer pocket...
    [​IMG]
    Tube of DEET, wound desinfectant and some wipes.

The inner pockets...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the contents...
    [​IMG]
    Paracetamol (acetaminophen), Ibuprophen and allergy pills. Adhesive burn plaster (burn dressing), ointment compress (also for burn wounds) and a bug afterbite gel.

[​IMG]
    Gauze compress, ready made bandage, first aid dressing, several general band-aids, scissors, pencil, tick tweezers and normal tweezers.

[​IMG]
    Triangular bandage, first aid quick dressing, fixation bandage, tape and blister kit.

[​IMG]
    Blister kit with blood lancets, couple of pins and kind of second skin.

Missing is an emergency alu blanket. Must have moved it to my running fak.

Pouch size is about 16 x 12 x 9 cm big. To bulky to my liking. So I would like to trim it down to a bare minimum.

Thinking about a couple of those pills, some band-aids, gauze compress, a quick dressing, fixation bandage, emergency blanket, after bite stuff and the tick tweezers. DEET and sun block are carried too but separately to be at hand when needed. Am I missing anything?

I'm not a trained medic or responder. Wouldn't know what, when or how to use a lot of stuff I see in other FAK's. I just want to be able to take care of cuts, burns or sprains when no experts are around. As I said, for those days of fishing, hiking, bushcrafting and the kinds.

I know I have to learn some skills. Being an assistent running trainer I have to do a CPR course. I'll try to do a course including first aid. That will give me a base to start with.

But please share your tips and thoughts.

5. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

First aid courses include cpr training so you'll have all that covered. The kit you have is a standard first aid kit, good for most situations, the training is I think the only other thing you need :)

JPE likes this.
  6. Lellobeetle

Lellobeetle Loaded Pockets

Mine is just a work in progress. I want to get a chest seal, quick-clot and a tourniquet, but here it is as of today...

7. Sutty33

Sutty33 Loaded Pockets

So , Here is my IFAK. it is a Vanquest 4" x 8" Medical Pouch that opens by tugging on the handle. I REALLY LIKETHIS MED POUCH!!!!!! It has all the Trauma Med stuff , Touniquet, Israeli Bandage , Quick Clot , Chest Seals , Chest Dart, Nasopharyngeal Tube and a lot of Extra Stuff too...Bandaids, Cravat, etc.. Stays in my EDC Bag ! As Well as my Carry On.
    Here is some Pics .....Sutty

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. CausticCrow

CausticCrow Loaded Pockets

My always on person FAK lol. Handkerchief in pocket, band-aid in wallet.[​IMG]

FAK in my EDC backpack. I try to keep it small but still able to cover a variety. I've found that when I have less options its easier to grab something to use right away, for me at least. It changes a lot, but here's my current set up. Then I have shears, 2" tape and that foam wrap for under it, and an ace bandage other places in my bag. Keep in mind it's really only for my own personal use, and close friends and family.

Feel free to point out any glaring holes, though I'm not looking to be Ricky Rescue with this. The only thing people have told me before is a dedicated tourniquet, but there's so many improv options for it, I dont bother.

Next to a Leatherman ST300 sheath for comparison.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then this is my FAK that sits on what I guess I could consider my BOB. I take it when I go hunting, shooting, camping, etc. Any place or event that could possibly call for it. Usually just throw it in my regular backpack.

I really don't feel like breaking this one apart.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

franckswiss, JHGM, g_dan and 2 others like this.
  9. Bullivant

Bullivant Loaded Pockets

That's what I thought. Folks, strong recommendation: only get the equipment in the FAK that *you* are trained and capable of using. At a minimum, it is wasted space and weight. At a maximum, you could really hurt someone if you guessed on what to do. First, do no harm.

10. thcolby

thcolby Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

This is the kit I keep in my jeep.

Jarhead Greasemonkey likes this.
  11. Gray29

Gray29 Loaded Pockets

I keep a very well stocked ouch pouch in my truck bag, however I wanted more first aid capabilities while I was out in someone else's vehicle. So I worked up a pocket boo boo kit from a wallet I had lying around. I'll carry it around for a while and see if the contents hold up. If they do I may buy a bright red or orange hi viz wallet to transfer everything to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Treya, g_dan and pacrawshaw like this.
  12. VinnyP
    • In Omnia Paratus

VinnyP Loaded Pockets

This was the other week, I probably would need my cargo shorts with the large pockets to squeeze it all in for EDC though :)
    [​IMG]

13. Stormstaff

Stormstaff Loaded Pockets

What's a TPD Needle if I may ask?

Edamhcneb and Lorenzo like this.
  14. CausticCrow

CausticCrow Loaded Pockets

tension pneumothorax decompression

Stormstaff likes this.
  15. Tom Tabal

Tom Tabal Loaded Pockets

[​IMG][​IMG]

Warrior assault systems rip away med pouch.

Tom

Nighted, g_dan, JPE and 2 others like this.
  16. Joey Smith

Joey Smith Loaded Pockets

This is the FAK i carry in my cargo pants pocket at work and in my edc bag any other time. I use a maxpedition micro to carry it all and i find it perfect, the grab handle is ideal for "ripping" it out of the pocket/bag. It's a basic kit but covers 95% of the injuries i come across as a first aider at work and the usual boo boos that come from 1. Being a knife junkie and 2. Bring an uncle to 8 under 10s. Anything more serious than cuts and scrapes at work we have environment specific FA gear inc a defibrillator (I'm trained to use it) and around the kids I've kitted each family members house out with bigger kits containing eye wash, bandages, ice packs amongst other stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kit includes:-

Plaster of various sizes
    Non adherent dressings
    Non latex gloves x 2 pair
    Triple antibiotic ointment
    Triangular bandage
    Resus aid
    Steristrips
    Butterfly sutures
    Burn gel
    Prep pads
    Sting relief pads
    2 x Tylenol
    2 x Advil

I also carry an altoids tin with the medication posted below, this tin lives in the "mobile phone" pocket of my work pants or the admin pouch of my edc bag

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EXCALIBUR, ARebours, Treya and 3 others like this.
  17. AK47Uprising

AK47Uprising Loaded Pockets

Picked this up from AMK; goes on my belt so I can EDC it as opposed to my thigh rig which stays in my backseat and my larger bag which is in the trunk. Obviously more limited, but always on me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chris C, Brainstorm and theirishboxer like this.
  18. Texag0842

Texag0842 Empty Pockets

Picked up a IFAK boo boo plus kit from ITS

Pairing it with a mystery ranch IFAK pouch tomorrow. Will give a better review once I have everything organized tomorrow - Will be left in the truck

19. AK47Uprising

AK47Uprising Loaded Pockets

I think that's one of the better light first aid kits out there for the money. It has a large variety and yeah while you could put it together cheaper in theory you'd probably have to buy a lot in bulk and it wouldn't end up being cheaper at all. Good choice.

I'd like to see the addition of a SWAT-T as a multipurpose item: tourniquet and pressure dressing.

Texag0842 likes this.
  20. Texag0842

Texag0842 Empty Pockets

Yea I would have been able to do it for slightly more and I would have had replacements. I figure once I see what I use the most Ill buy in bulk and replace them as needed.

I have added a CAT tourniquet and MOJO shears just because I had spares laying around.

reefwalker.stx and AK47Uprising like this.