1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Shoulder-fired EDC?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by cowboyarcher, Jan 27, 2014.

1. VT-aroo

VT-aroo Loaded Pockets

Last edited by VT-aroo, Mar 29, 2014
  2. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Yeah, for my CCW I alternate between an RPG and an M72 LAW. Of course, if I'm wearing a suit/sport coat, I opt for the AT4. The LAW and RPG are just too casual, and dress etiquette would seem to dictate that sport casual is about the highest level appropriate for either of these two.
    Anything higher, like dress casual or above, warrants the AT4 and it's more refined stature.

:D

UnlikelyEngineer, F-Bobby and J_C like this.
  3. toork

toork Loaded Pockets

My tavor is only 26 1/8" long. I just need to find a good inconspicuous bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Iii ni a

TKDstomper likes this.
  4. patientcero

patientcero Loaded Pockets

They make a variety of sneaky bags that are neutral colors and outside coverings to look like a variety of day bags but are high priced. Or you could get a double/triple tennis racket bag in the $30-$40 range, most are 29"-30" in length and divided compartments make carrying mags and other stuff easy to organize.

5. figuy

figuy Loaded Pockets

Yes. I'm looking for a deal on a used one.

6. SMAJ
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

SMAJ Loaded Pockets

I built one of these AR Pistols a few months back and have been trying to decide if I want to put that SBR Brace on it...how do you like it, while you are NOT shoulder firing it! :D

TKDstomper likes this.
  7. mace85

mace85 Loaded Pockets

I am looking for a "non-gun" looking bag for this gem. I want to pack it for long road trips.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

8. Slipjoint

Slipjoint Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Oh all right... if you insist.

This is mine. It's an old Survival Arms AR-7. Its most notable features from the factory is are an all-steel barrel and a diamond knurled barrel-ring. The steel barrel eliminates a lot of the problems that the aluminum and plastic barrels have, though it does weight more and doesn't float as well. I also like that the knurled ring is very easy to get a grip on. Some AR-7s have a ring with less traction.

However, i have also extensively modified my AR-7.

I carved a scope rail into the receiver (as the picture above shows). There was enough metal in the existing rail to cut a groove underneath and it takes a 3/8 scope ring like it was made for it. This mod also does not compromise the AR-7s ability to be packed into its stock.

At the moment, I'm using a small airgun scope so as not to add unnecessary weight or spoil the AR-7s elegant lines. I also have a small red dot that I use occasionally. Both scopes are light and easily packed into the AR-7s kit bag.

I stuck a threaded insert into the rear sight hood and I can insert a threaded Williams or Lyman rear sight aperture in the hood for a much-improved improved sight picture.

I added sling swivels to the stock at the front and back. This is not an easy gun to sling, but I found a way to do so by drilling the stock front and rear and epoxying swivel studs in place. The studs are on the opposite side of the stock and can't be seen in this picture. This works fairly well, but because the forward stud is located in the middle of the rifle, the weapon tends to carry muzzle down. I may try to add a barrel band at some point in the future to improve the balance, but at the moment this setup works for me.

I also added an epoxy shim to the triggerguard to change the angle of the magazines in relation to the barrel. As it comes from the factory, the AR-7 frequently has a sloppy magazine well and this results in magazine misalignment and misfeeds. The shim takes the slop out of the magazine fit and aligns the cartridges properly to ensure reliable feeding. Now, it will even function with aftermarket extended magazines.

The end result is a gun that functions smoothly, takes small game reliably, carries easily, and packs away into a small, light package.

9. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

10. DTM_Oskar

DTM_Oskar Loaded Pockets

If you're referring to that being illegal please refer to this video!

TKDstomper, MedusaOblongata and Lou_G like this.
  11. TKDstomper

TKDstomper Banned

I carry a Stevens 320 pistol grip pump almost everywhere I go now. 5+1 and an extra box of magnum 00 in my back pocket. I just sling it over the shoulder, double dog collar through the stock and the front loop of an old mosin sling around the front of the tube. It's got an 18" barrel and A2 stock, so it's pretty easy to swing under the arm into firing position. I took a coyote with it that way last summer, was walking back to the car and it popped out of some brambles about 25 yards away at full steam and down it went. Took about 2 seconds to draw, disengage the safety, aim and fire.

12. mace85

mace85 Loaded Pockets

I found a decent non-rifle looking case for 30 bucks on Amazon. Perfect set up for road trips and not raising flags when going back and forth to the range. The best part is I don't have to break the rifle down to transport it, it's only 24 inches long.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

steeps likes this.
  13. wrath0r
    • In Omnia Paratus

wrath0r EDC Junkie!!!

14. TKDstomper

TKDstomper Banned

Mace85, in Wisconsin carrying a cased long gun could be considered concealed as there is no statute that discerns what constitutes a "concealed" long gun. Case, under the jacket, under the seat of a car...all the same. Here a carry permit doesn't cover long guns, just exempting one from prosecution should one choose to OC it in the 1000' magical bubble.

It might be a good idea for you guys looking for cases to check your local and state laws first.

15. TKDstomper

TKDstomper Banned

If you don't like the topic, please refrain from posting here? It's not that difficult to do.

16. mace85

mace85 Loaded Pockets

Luckily I am in AZ, and our laws are very friendly to that sort of stuff. I will of course have to check other states when I travel there. But I also have to fill out and send the ATF a 5320.20 if I take the gun out of state, so there is that...

Fat fingered from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

TKDstomper likes this.
  17. TKDstomper

TKDstomper Banned

Baseball equipment bag. Mine fits my AR just fine. Just remember to wear a Yankees hat!

MCPOWoller likes this.
  18. TKDstomper

TKDstomper Banned

I demand a video!

19. mace85

mace85 Loaded Pockets

Of what?

Fat fingered from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

20. TKDstomper

TKDstomper Banned

A mag dump into a tub filled with jello.