1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Should I buy a Glock 26?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by heathah, Apr 19, 2010.

1. heathah

heathah Loaded Pockets

Well, I just wanted to supply an update for the thread.

I was finally able to sneak out and shoot a box of FMJs with my new G26. It shot very, very well. I was very impressed with the recoil and how it handled. I was getting very close groups from 10-25 yds or so out so I am very happy with it.

I'll be shooting more in the future but for now, I am very impressed by this little guy.

Heath

2. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I see you mentioned sights. I am going to do a post on sights this weekend. It will be quite long and a different view on them than has been seen out here so far. Back in the past I used to have sights built for me. It is more expensive but not near as expensive as you might think. I would then have them drilled sleeved than would get them finished with the holes plugged. They would get tritium after that.

There is the cost above and beyond the sights. The cost is the time invested in getting to know a specific load as it comes out of your gun. There are choices to ponder after that. Some will think it is not worth it to them. When I have done this in the past I thought it was well worth it.

3. zchen

zchen Loaded Pockets

You cannot go wrong with Warren tactical sights. Either the two dot front/rear set, or the mixed (dot front/plain rear) will serve you well.
    Vicker's extended mag release is a must,
    I also like the glock extended slide release as well

4. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

Congrats on choosing a great CCW handgun. I have two G26', and both have been completely reliable. One serves as my primary CCW gun while the other serves as backup safe queen. On the carry gun I have Glock brand night sights. They have been very good. On the second, just the stock, fixed sights. Some people say that the stock sights don't hold up well to repeated holsterings during training, etc. I've not had any problems, but then as I said I carry the one with the metal night sights, while the stock gun sits in the safe. I do like the sight picture of the stock sights though. Regardless, you've already made your choice, but I just wanted to add my 2cents to list of G26 fans. They also handle the G17,17 round and 33 round, G18 mags just fine.

5. bigfoot

bigfoot Loaded Pockets

Late to the party, have to agree the G26 is a great gun! Recently going from a G23 in .40 to the the G26 in 9mm was a downsize I was happy to make. No regrets whatsoever. Glad to see you are enjoying your new G26!

6. Roadkill Bill

Roadkill Bill Empty Pockets

Powernoodle; that barrel impresses us non-chicks as well. Great idea.
    I'm a .45 guy and have carried a G21 for about 15 years. I'm gonna have to get a G36 one of these days. Hmmm . . . I wonder if you can put a G21 barrel on a G36?

7. concho

concho Loaded Pockets

Glocks are great guns. Have owned several but could never get used to the grip. I will say that I miss my lil 26 the most. Have switched to the XD platform but Glocks still get a high rating from me.