1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Should I buy a Glock 26?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by heathah, Apr 19, 2010.

1. heathah

heathah Loaded Pockets

I have several firearms that I rotate for concealed carry but I'm now looking at a compact 9mm to throw in the mix and the Glock 26 has caught my eye. I want this primarily for concealed carry so it seems like a good choice. I've looked at other compacts but the Glock just seems more robust and dependable than other 9mm compacts from what I've read.

So, for all you Glock 26 owners, why should or shouldn't I buy this firearm? And for those of you who didn't purchase a G26, what other compact did you end up purchasing instead and why?

Thanks for any input.

Heath

2. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

yes... the 26 is an excellent CCW pistol

3. Rob72

Rob72 Loaded Pockets

Ditto. Parts are totally interchangeable with a 19, if you have one. Its a Glock. It will run.

4. SALT

SALT Loaded Pockets

I don't think it is possible to be let down with a Glock. Perfect is a strong word for anything, but it goes bang evertime

5. Yablanowitz

Yablanowitz Loaded Pockets

My only gripe with it is the bullets are too small. ;-) It is a good small gun, very reliable and quite accurate for its size. I shot decent scores with mine when I used it at an I.P.S.C. match just to see what it could do. I still prefer my 29 for concealed carry, but that's just me.

6. MatBlack

MatBlack Loaded Pockets

I have a Glock 26 and a Sig 226. Strangely I am much more accurate with the little Glock than the large Sig plus, the Glock is easily concealable. I love the G26 and highly recommend it.

7. scbo

scbo Empty Pockets

glock makes a great product and the 26 is accurate and well built my only draw back wth the 26 is the small grip especially if you have large hands. Combat reloads are also a problem because the mag will not drop free because your palm is touching it, it must be stripped out. than inserting a fresh mag can pinch your palm when sending the mag home. I have carried the 26 and 19 for extended concealed carry and training and have found that the difference between the two is not much and I prefer to carry the 19. As for 9mm if ou hit what you shoot at it does'nt matter.

8. Lord Bear

Lord Bear Loaded Pockets

The G26 is my daily companion. Like MatBlack, I found myself shooting better with Glocks than any other pistol at some point. Couple years ago I simplified my handgun collection and out went all the other semiautos and revolvers. Now it's just the stock G26, G19 and G21. (I do miss the revolvers though. They were so much fun!)

9. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

I say "yes" to a Glock 26, too. I've got a Glock 19, a Glock 22, a Glock 26, and a Glock 27; so I'm sort of a Glockster. However, I have lots of other guns as well, including revolvers, pistols (a Colt 1911 and a Sig), long guns, and shotguns. I enjoy them all. But, my everyday carry weapon is a Glock 26. Always.

I also carry a Kel-Tec P3AT as a back-up, but the Glock is my "Go To" gun. Now, having said all those nice things about Glocks, I have to tell you what I thought the very first time I saw a Glock: "Man, that is one butt ugly gun!" But, it sort of grows on you. Function tops form when it comes to self-defense.

10. bwperdue

bwperdue Loaded Pockets

Another vote for the G26. Mine gets carried regularly in a SideArmor IWB kydex holster.

11. Soulriot
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Soulriot EDCF Rule Enforcer
    Staff Member

I suggest you get the Glock + extender. You'll get two more rounds and it should fit your hand better.

12. Lord Bear

Lord Bear Loaded Pockets

Indeed, form follows function. I too had that first initial reaction lo' these 20 years ago. But when you consider that it was the first "production" "melted" design; polygonal barrel (not sure if it was a first, but it upped the acceleration! Perhaps the HK P7 or VP?); basket and ball sights; and lo and behold it really shoots "WELL" anyways in spite of it being butt ugly, and ..well, it's kinda hard to beat.

13. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

I'm getting the Glock 23 Generation 4(hopefully will be shipping soon).

Will be using it at the range and for concealed carry.

14. Lord Bear

Lord Bear Loaded Pockets

Over time, I discovered the advantages of the "Glock" design Demskeetskeet. I think a few others agree. ;)

15. Cobra 6 Actual

I totally agree, Lord Bear --- in fact, with all of my range time I've never had a malfunction of any kind (knock on wood) with my G-26. Plus, I can hit what I'm aiming at with some regularity.

16. heathah

heathah Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the responses, guys. This will be my next firearm purchase but now I have another question:

Fixed, adjustable, or night sights? I don't really need night sights and don't really want fixed sights so adjustable seems right, but what have you guys had experience with?

Thanks.

Heath

17. MatBlack

MatBlack Loaded Pockets

I have the factory fixed sights and never felt they were lacking.

18. Cobra 6 Actual

I also have the factory fixed sights. But, I'm not a sharpshooter and my eyes are no good, so I'm thinking I'll probably be using Mr. Glock and his 20 bullet buddies at social distances (if at all). That being said, if my eyes were better, I think the tritium sights can help a shooter to get a quicker sight picture in low light conditions.

19. Yablanowitz

Yablanowitz Loaded Pockets

If you want adjustable sights, buy one with fixed sights and replace them with aftermarket adjustables. The only gripe I've ever had with my Glocks (I have 7) is the factory adjustable sights are flimsy and don't give enough adjustment to be worthwhile.

20. Lord Bear

Lord Bear Loaded Pockets

Factory fixed sights. No complaints here either.