1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Shot Show 2015 - EDCF Meet?

Discussion in 'Trade Shows & EDCF Gatherings' started by subwoofer, Oct 2, 2014.

1. subwoofer
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

subwoofer Loaded Pockets

I've been looking for any mention of the forthcoming Shot Show 2015 and a potential EDCF meet. Having not found one I thought I would start a thread.

Being UK based, this is a big deal for me, and I will be attending the show. It would be great to meet up with any EDCF members that will be there too.

Anyone planning to go?

UPDATE: So far it looks like this would be an evening meet on Tuesday 20th January. Further details to be added...

Last edited by subwoofer, Dec 2, 2014
  2. subwoofer
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

subwoofer Loaded Pockets

Bueller.......Bueller.......Bueller.......Bueller.......?

Anyone?

3. subwoofer
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

subwoofer Loaded Pockets

With the registrations open and lots of activity, I'm surprised not to have had any replies. Did I miss another thread that is already going for this?

4. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

Tentative. I'm waiting to hear back on my media credentials.

5. subwoofer
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

subwoofer Loaded Pockets

Great, keep us informed.

Of course if there are any EDCFers near Las Vegas, this suggestion of a get together is not limited to those with entry to Shot Show

Mudinyeri likes this.
  6. subwoofer
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

subwoofer Loaded Pockets

Time for a bump on this thread.

Is anyone up for an EDCF meet in Las Vegas during the time the Shot Show is happening (20-23 Jan 2014)?

7. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

I've gotten no response from them about media credentials.

8. subwoofer
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

subwoofer Loaded Pockets

Oops, I meant to add into my last post that actually attending Shot Show would not be a requirement of the meet, only mentioning it if anyone was in town due to going to the show.

Not to get off topic, but maybe PM me about Show requirements.

Just to make it clear, my suggestion of a meet is just for the same time/place as Shot Show and does NOT need entry to the show. It might be a long shot, but it would be good to meet up with some like minded individuals.

9. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

Whoo hoo! Just received confirmation on my media credentials.

Whatcha thinkin' for a meet & greet, subwoofer?

cowsmilk and thePlumbah like this.
  10. subwoofer
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

subwoofer Loaded Pockets

Excellent news, but to reiterate to anyone else looking at this thread, getting into Shot Show is not necessary for us to have a meet.

Being a Brit from that tiny island all the way over the sea, and never having been to Las Vegas, I'm not best placed to suggest a venue. I was hoping someone else could chip in with an idea or two, but so far it looks like just the two of us. Hopefully a few more people will join in.

Let's see if the idea grows, as if not it might be a 'meet you at the Spyderco booth to say hello' type of thing.

thePlumbah and Mudinyeri like this.
  11. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

Another friend of mine, from California, is planning to attend. He's not on this forum, but he's a good guy who's into the S. H. O. types of things to be found at the SHOT Show.

12. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

My cousin and I are considering it. My Brotyher in law will definitely want to come too. We'll see...it will be quite a drive for us :)

subwoofer and Mudinyeri like this.
  13. Ryan McKenzie

Ryan McKenzie Loaded Pockets

I really want to go but that would be three big trips with conferencesétrade shows in the US for one year. A little expensive for me, being in highschool

14. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

Not sure if this is the right forum for this post but I couldn't figure out a better one ....

I'll be covering SHOT 2015 for Trek Tech Blog and thought I would see if there are any specific vendors, items or other coverage that anyone would like to see.

If so, post up. I can't guarantee that I'll be able to meet all of your requests but I'll try.

15. baconboyrlz
    • In Omnia Paratus

baconboyrlz Loaded Pockets

Major knife and multitool brands, and the major bag brands as well, they usually peak my interest the most.

atilano likes this.
  16. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Merged your thread with this one that you posted in ;)

17. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

My purpose in posting a separate thread was to have a thread specifically for requested coverage at SHOT. ;)

18. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

Already planned.

baconboyrlz likes this.
  19. subwoofer
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

subwoofer Loaded Pockets

I'd prefer that this thread is not used for generating interest for your blog. I too am going to Shot (totally self funded) for the purpose of writing up about gear etc, but I didn't want to use this for plugging my 'services'.

The purpose of this thread was to see if there were any EDCF members about to have a meet.

If EDCF allows, perhaps you can have a 'Trek Tech' thread where you ask for requests (which looks like it might have been the original intention).

If we could keep this thread for meet related discussion and preparations I would appreciate it. For example, to make it easier to spot me, I have just got a couple of patches:

[​IMG]

So even if we haven't made any arrangements, if you spot me at the Shot Show, please say hello :)

20. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

I'd prefer the same but my previously separate "request" thread was merged into this one by the EDCF powers that be.

Actually, I'm not trying to generate interest for my blog. I'm simply taking requests. Like you, I'm totally self-funded. My blog is free and "unmonetized" (no advertising or anything else revenue generating).

I'm planning to have dinner with some other like-minded individuals on Thursday. If anyone is interested.