1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Shocking Prybaby knockoff!

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by doctag, May 12, 2011.

1. blacmud8

blacmud8 Loaded Pockets

Pharmaceutical industry take it pretty seriously when they force the closure of factories making and selling life saving medication in other parts of the world because it's 'copyright infringement' and prevents them from lining their pockets quite so well. In cases like that, then, yeah, copyright laws are a complete joke to me, and obviously signify the need for humanity to rethink its priorities.

EDIT: To make clear: there are obviously cases where copyright infringement is wrong. Perhaps this is one of them, I don't know, but what I'm trying to say is that we shouldn't all bow down to these rules like they're the be all and end all of moral conduct. There are many cases where copyright laws are ridiculous.

toemke likes this.
  2. neonecko

neonecko Loaded Pockets

Thank you for making that clear. I too believe our copyright system is a joke, as it obviously doesn't protect **** and at the same time stumps technological advancement.

Just to make myself perfectly clear, I too despise fanboys of various types(see iPhone vs Android) and I didn't claim Peter invented anything. Pretty sure nobody in this thread did until jzmtl had the stroll down memory lane.

[​IMG]

Can you tell it again? That way all these people can like it some more.

3. rickinFL

rickinFL Loaded Pockets

What's funny is all I said was how similar the designs looked. Never said anything about copying. I let the imagination of the board run wild. Must be something wrong with it when people took it that way all on their very own.

JD Hawkins and hatchetjack like this.
  4. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

yes, very surprising that when you post a link to a product in a thread that is about knockoff products that everyone thought you were saying that it's a knock off. How dare we make such an assumption!

5. sandman1984

sandman1984 Empty Pockets

6. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

Yeah, you never know what might get a rise out of people. The Navy tools and CooYoo I can understand but at what point does someone own a "look and feel".

7. neonecko

neonecko Loaded Pockets

Unfortunately you can already own "look and feel". This is a major part of why a lot of technological advancements are stunted..

8. xbanker
    • Administrator

xbanker Geriatric Admin
    Staff Member

This discussion comes up on a regular basis, with a predictable range of opinions. Please express your opinion, but remember that we have an international membership and the first forum rule speaks to "mutual respect." Among other things, that means no derisive terms used to reference people of any other country, no matter the context. A post was removed from public view to keep this thread in compliance. As for keeping the exchange civil, I know I don't have to remind anyone! ;)

9. tal-c

tal-c Loaded Pockets

Well, the line between "tactical" and "airsoft" seems VERY thin to me.
    I don't play airsoft (ONLY because I can't do it where I live), but I see no difference between a "tactical" forearm grip made by magpul, to an airsoft forearm grip made by 'super airsoft xtreme pro'. Same goes to magazine holders, buttstocks, pouches, helmet covers...

Also - a certain melevolent force tried to copyright a rectangle with round corners as a "design"... I think and feel terrible, terrible things on these laws. :stomp:

Last edited by tal-c, May 9, 2012
    JD Hawkins and blacmud8 like this.
  10. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

The difference tends to be quality of construction - if the airsoft knock-off fails to perform to battlefield conditions, nobody is surprised, right? Because it wasn't designed to take the abuse. The higher priced legit tac gear is, in theory, supposed to be able to take the abuse with testing, engineering, materials, etc.

Whether or not you believe in that difference is, of course, up to you.

surgicalcric likes this.