1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Shill Posters.

Discussion in 'MEMBER RULES, GUIDELINES & ANNOUNCEMENTS' started by JonSidneyB, Aug 1, 2010.

1. jujigatame

jujigatame Loaded Pockets

Considering donation dollars for parties and/or candidates can be made or lost depending on stances related to a single issue, I think revenue is most definitely at stake in those sites.

I think it's good to contact the companies and let them have a chance to give their take on it. Those who care that it can be taken as a negative may do something about it. Those who think it's not an issue, especially if it is done from company computers, deserve to be identified so the membership can know who is doing what.

2. primal

primal Loaded Pockets

First...

YESSSSS! I'm fully connected once more. Muwuahahahahaha!

Ahem! Now that I got that out...

There's no need to take sides on the issue regarding what employees do on company property/time, and whether or not an employer is and/or should be aware of it.

Just Google the term "vicarious liability". That definition should pretty much give any/all employers the motivation to want to keep better tabs on what their employees are doing on company property/time. It can make or break a company.

3. primal

primal Loaded Pockets

It is good of you to give the benefit of the doubt in this situation.

Forum marketing can be a very effective tool. It's just unfortunate when it's more aggressively/deceptively applied.

I appreciate the positive note regarding Leatherman. I've purchased many items from them over the years, especially during the Holidays. It's good to know my money's been going to a good place.

Thanks for all the feedback, Jon.

4. sjmack

sjmack Loaded Pockets

I'm glad to see you handled it so well, Jon. I don't think you could have done a better job. No need to call the company out right away without working with them to figure out whats up. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these cases end up being employees acting on their own, just because they are excited about their company and products.

I agree one hundred percent, and that's why Jon handled it the way he did. One of the reasons I stay on this forum is because Jon is so level headed and keeps this place civil and respectful.