1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Sharpmaker is unbelievable!

Discussion in 'Sharpening Stuff -- Stones, Strops, and Systems' started by billym, Aug 7, 2006.

1. CIVSD

CIVSD Loaded Pockets

Negative, but thanks for reminding me. I was doing that with stones to try to learn but I didn't think to apply the same concept with the sharpmaker. I'll definitely give that a try tomorrow.

Thanks again!

2. CIVSD

CIVSD Loaded Pockets

Ok so I tried the sharpie method and still couldn't get any sort of, "sharpness," despite the fact that I seemed to have the angle correct. Then I decided to try some better knives and was instantly making razors! Now the two sharpest knives I own are home-sharpened. Aside from being super proud I definitely wanted to join in the sharpmaker love.

3. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

What was the knife you were unsuccessful in sharpening?

4. CIVSD

CIVSD Loaded Pockets

This old Gerber is the one that absolutely would not take an edge. I don't know the model.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Westerdutch

Oh yeah, tanto blade. Makes sense, those are difficult to sharpen on a sharpmaker at best without rounding the sharp shape all to smithereens. Edge angles are usually all over the place from the factory too and its probably not the best steel either. They are pretty much useless blade shapes anyways so it could have been worse.

6. elad96

elad96 Loaded Pockets

Love my Sharpmaker,All my Kitchen Knives have decent edges now,Want to tackle Sissors next,,

7. Westerdutch

Make sure the scissors are sharpenable (if that is even a word, you probably get what i mean) or else you will get questionable results at best.

elad96 likes this.