1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

sharpie is coming out with a steel barreled, refillable marker.

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by para-frame, Feb 19, 2009.

1. landwire
    • In Omnia Paratus

landwire Loaded Pockets

Today I finally found one at an Office Depot. The employee knew nothing of what I was trying to say. He asked a manager and just blindly, the manager reached over a register to the front aisle end cap and grabbed one. It does not surprise me at all. Low end of the totem pole employees typically do not do any of the store ordering nor speak to vendor sales rep.

It sure is shiny. The tip has that ever so annoying scratchy sound when writing. I am tempted to make a wooden version now.

2. LauraQ

LauraQ Loaded Pockets

It seems as if these are not being promoted very much by Office Depot. The ones I found were in a little bin by the cash registers. I expected at least a display of some kind. :shrug:

3. bouncer

bouncer Loaded Pockets

They are finally on officedepot.com .

4. Derek

Derek Loaded Pockets

Guys know where yer Eur-o-pee'n buddies can get these?

5. Jubal

Jubal Loaded Pockets

thanks for pointing this out!
    now I can keep track of when its available at my local office depot (not yet) without having to drive over there twice a week =)

6. Hanuman110

Hanuman110 Loaded Pockets

I picked mine up on Amazon a few weeks ago after giving up the search locally. I've been following this thread for a couple months and the pens still aren't available at any of the big name office supply stores near Charleston, WV. Staples, Walmart, Office Max, and Office Depot; I've struck out at all of them. I bought several from Amazon, so now all I need are the refills.

7. tet6t8

tet6t8 Empty Pockets

Now in our local "super Wal-Mart" in with the regular Sharpies. Two full rows of them at 5.88 per.
    Looks like they will be available most every where soon. :)

8. gadgetjunky

gadgetjunky Loaded Pockets

I ordered mine from officedepot.com with some other stuff. Remember: they give free shipping on orders over $50. Might be worth doing a group buy on for some of the folks that are having a hard time finding them???

9. NosHusky

NosHusky Loaded Pockets

im lookin too, went to 3 stores (not for the pen but went on a trip with a bud looking for something) and couldnt find em.

10. adirondack

adirondack Loaded Pockets

Still haven't been able to find these yet, but I'm sure they'll turn up at my local Super Walmart soon enough.

On a side note, there's a member on CPF that had a custom made Titanium version of this pen made using the stainless steel pen as a guide. They look INCREDIBLE!

11. Bushman5

Bushman5 Loaded Pockets

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: Office Depot in BC Canada says they wont be carrying these :mad:

12. BoxANT

BoxANT Empty Pockets

I got 3 of them off amazon (part of another order), got them a few days ago.

They're great ;) No problems at all ;D

Now I Sharpie in style :lolhammer:

13. NeonLights

NeonLights Loaded Pockets

I've had one on my Amazon favorites list for awhile, but never ordered. My wife and I were in an Office Depot this week and I spent a little bit of time looking for them, no sign of them in the regular section with the other pens and markers, finally found them on an endcap display. Nothing earth-shattering, just a better looking, possibly more durable Sharpie marker. Mine goes next to my Zebra 701 pen on my desk. Hopefully they bring out one in silver and a metal mini would be nice too.

14. LauraQ

LauraQ Loaded Pockets

Oooooh, a metal Mini! I'm going to email Sharpie and ask. Hey, it can't hurt... :angel:

15. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

I awakened to find this product on my desk.

My wife had this inconspicuously placed near my laser mouse. I forgot that it is Father's Day today.

I quickly noticed it since it is silver and my mouse is dark blue/charcoal grey and the mousepad black. It does elevate this workhorse product from throwaway to low-level "keeper," however it does little if any to stimulate my EDC sensibilities about acquiring one for myself (I'm glad the missus made the purchase FOR me).

Handling it for the first time, it incinerates any prospect of use as a self-defense implement (IMO) as some have already suggested since it lacks the requisite heft and robustness to likely sustain more than one blow to objects of equal sectional density. But, hell, I guess anything will do, so I'll leave that discussion elsewhere.

This is not a high-end product that would interest one to place it in a sheath. The quality is not a leap beyond the disposable in the same breadth as say the Bic product to a Waterman, however, rather, it merely strays from the disposable nature of its all-polymer brethren so one might instinctively think of clipping it to the shirt pocket rather than throwing it the tool box.

My wife is reading this post as I type and states that we use this product type quite frequently and find ourselves misplacing one each and every time we use it so why not get something that minimizes the clutter. Is she coming around to the EDC mentality or merely just being the prudent spender and diligent homemaker?

It is a good start for Sharpie to enter this segment of the writing instrument market; albeit with a marginal product. I see it as a wise move in the current economy to introduce a very affordable product that, price-wise, is not out of reach for many. Perhaps a greater quality product may be offered in the near term for those like us that would appreciate it.

16. Wes_Robinson

Wes_Robinson Loaded Pockets

Now only if they would make a version of it with permnament ink on one side and non permnament on the other.

17. LauraQ

LauraQ Loaded Pockets

I emailed Sharpie about the metal Mini and they passed the request along to their Marketing Department. Which could mean they will actually consider it...or that's just a line they use to make pesky consumers go away. Not sure. ;D

18. SALT

SALT Loaded Pockets

Do you have any pics?

19. muskrat72

muskrat72 Loaded Pockets

Yeah, I finally found one at Hobby Lobby with a refill for just over $11. :woohoo: Hercules, hercules!

20. GRH

GRH Loaded Pockets

Are they available in canada yet? I've looked and looked but have seen neither hide nor hair of them