1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

sharpie is coming out with a steel barreled, refillable marker.

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by para-frame, Feb 19, 2009.

1. max6166

max6166 Loaded Pockets

Yes, they are definitely available in Ontario and I am pretty certain Quebec. I don't about other provinces.

They will be readily available everywhere pretty soon I imagine.

Personally, I was disappointed with the SS Sharpie. There's nothing really wrong with it. It just feels too bulky to me and I don't like the plastic portion.

I normally use an ultra fine Sharpie though, so it may just be that I am not used to the larger size.

I do still hope they do an ultra fine point version though, preferably with the metal body extending right down to the tip. That would be very nice indeed! :thumbsup:

2. capn_tack

capn_tack Loaded Pockets

3. muskrat72

muskrat72 Loaded Pockets

See, I thought it wasnt heavy enough. Of course, I looked at it for the alternative usage...a kubaton.

4. jzmtl

jzmtl Loaded Pockets

Nope not quebec, just went to staples and walmart today. This sucks, quebec always get new stuff several months after everybody else. :brickwall:

5. muskrat72

muskrat72 Loaded Pockets

The store I got mine at was a hobby/arts crafts style store. Check there especially if there art section has a ton of various sharpie colors available.

6. Myth90045

Myth90045 Loaded Pockets

I just picked one up this week. I like it. But like someone said, it does feel light not a lot of weight for it being SS. but then again it just says SS barrel.

I like it...it looks good next to the F701 zebra

7. El Verbo

El Verbo Empty Pockets

It seems that everyone likes to pair the Zebra 701 and the Sharpie SS. Does anyone know of a highlighter that look great with the Stainless Steel combo? I don't think they have a highlighter in SS body.

Thanks in advance!

8. sewer_rat

sewer_rat Loaded Pockets

Found them at Staples in Ontario last night. There were two new Sharpie products out this time around, the other was the Sharpie Click pen (which looked interesting too). They have a separate cardboard display for the Sharpie Stainless Steel refillables with the refill cartridges on the same display.

9. jzmtl

jzmtl Loaded Pockets

Finally picked one up at a pen specialty shop a while ago. Not impressed with it. very thin shell with plastic mid section, coupled with thickness gives a very cheap feeling, and seems no more durable than regular sharpie. Especially for the price you can buy a whole pack of plastic sharpies. I'd stick with the cheap plastic one.

10. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

I have two. Lost the first one for a while but recently found it.

The second one I purchased seems to be having trouble at the plastic/chrome piece where the cap connects to. The chrome on the outer portion of it seems to be flaking off and has become sharp if touched just right.

11. soli

soli Loaded Pockets

Last edited by soli, May 27, 2012
  12. J4C3

J4C3 Guest

I'd like one but wont go out my way to hunt one out too much,that way if i stumble across one ill be overjoyed,i only really hunt out stuff i truly need the rest i just wait if its meant to be found then it will be so

13. soli

soli Loaded Pockets

Last edited by soli, May 27, 2012
  14. muskrat72

muskrat72 Loaded Pockets

Im glad I got mine. It is very cool and writes really well. I show it off all the time at work. I actually carry two with me. The SS for good writing papers, cardstock and what not. The other, plastic, for harsh surfaces like my tire yesterday in which I marked the position of the hole I needed patched.

15. tlr

tlr Loaded Pockets

Just went to my local staples and they had them and the refills. Went ahead and got one of each. The SS sharpie is pretty cool. Just for my own general knowledge is there any other sharpie that uses the refill?? If they discontinue the SS marker what's the chance of the refill going away as well?

16. lovecraft47

lovecraft47 Empty Pockets

These things are awesome. I love mine. :woohoo:

17. wenestvedt

wenestvedt Loaded Pockets

Can you get refills other than black? A stainless Sharpie with metallic ink would be beat.

18. XeroTheHero

XeroTheHero Loaded Pockets

I finally managed to pick one up at Staples. I had been looking at my local Wal-Mart but they haven't gotten them in stock just yet. I carry it with me every day now!

19. Gorbag

Gorbag Loaded Pockets

Just got mine a week ago for EDC to work. I like it so far, but there definitely needs to be a selection on the refills. Fine and wide points, different colored inks, metallic or not. They could get into a whole "Customize Your Sharpie" campaign if they played their cards right. Different finishes, different barrel materials, differing cap colors. I know people who would obsess over this kind of stuff.

20. muskrat72

muskrat72 Loaded Pockets

Everybody on this forum. ;D