1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Sharpie: Fine Point or Ultra Fine Point?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by _mg_, Dec 1, 2017.

?

FP or UFP

1. Fine Point

60.0%
  2. Ultra Fine Point

20.0%
  3. Medium

20.0%
  1. _mg_

_mg_ Loaded Pockets

Initial use is to pack in my Stop The Bleed kit to write times on the TQ, but I'm interested in general use too.

Please comment on the pros and cons of each in addition to adding your vote.

Thanks!

2. volvoboy

volvoboy Loaded Pockets

I like medium point. Easy to read and can more easily be used if you need to write larger or bolder signage.

_mg_ likes this.
  3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I'd go with Fine point. Should write large and bold enough; can handle an uneven or coarse surface such as might be found on a cloth or similar TQ. I do use Ultrafine for labelling things; signing the backs of CC, etc.; but not for rougher surfaces.

I think also the Fine point are sort of like AA or AAA cells. Seemingly available everywhere you look!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

_mg_ likes this.
  4. flatline

flatline Loaded Pockets

I keep both find and ultra-fine on my desk, but the vast majority of use is the ultra-fine.

--flatline

5. HardToHandle

HardToHandle Loaded Pockets

Well... I have kept medium point short Sharpies in my med kits for about a decade. The ones I use have a D ring on the cap, which I run my dummy cord for my trauma shears through. I will also occasionally tuck a spare into a kit. You can also detach the marker lid from the D ring as needed.

Medium tip is easily usable size for my uses, like volvoboy. Based on my time in an ER, excellent pensmanship and quarter-inch characters are totally trumped by one inch billboard letters on an incoming case.

That said, in a decade, I have yet to use my markers in trauma event. Good.

6. That Movie Guy

That Movie Guy Loaded Pockets

Moshe ben David likes this.