1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Sharpening Style CS scissors

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by tbzbbt, Nov 18, 2019.

1. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

I have a flat whetstone (3000/5000 grit) and I'd like to sharpen the scissors of my small leatherman. I tried it as I would a knife but along a corner long edge at about 20deg angle of the stone as obviously I cannot open the scissors fully. It seems to have enlarged the bevel but I'm not convinced that I am doing this right - never having sharpened scissors before. What is an appropriate technique and bevel angle ? Is it possible to dismantle these scissors with any hope of assembling them again. Its impractical to send them away for sharpening.

Thanx
    tbzbbt

2. A.B.

A.B. Loaded Pockets

Use a tapered diamond file. Eze lap, dmt, take your pick. Just run them across the edge.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

That Movie Guy likes this.
  3. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

I've been reading-up and my mistake was to assume to grind a knife angle bevel eg. 20deg per side, when scissors have a chisel bevel at about 40deg. Armed with this edge I was able run the scissors along the long edge of a whet stone while maintaining a 40deg lateral component on the angle as I moved it along the stone. Now it is significantly sharper than it was and I feel a sense of satisfaction!

tbzbbt