1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Share Your Cozy Partner Experiences

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Matt Shepard, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Matt Shepard

Matt Shepard Loaded Pockets

When I'm needing to carry my Glock 42 vs my Walther PPQ or Glock 17 and pocket carry is not an option, I'm using a Blade Tech Klipt Ambi Holster.

After using it for about 11 months I just don't want to any more. It is terrible for when I am climbing into a car. I'm 6'3 and when I'm climbing into a sedan the holster always gets bumped.

I'm eyeing the Desantis Cozy Partner because it looks reliable but I'm also checking out a similar style holster from a boutique maker that is about $20 more.

Obviously, the difference in cost is fairly negligible but since the boutique maker I'm wanting to go with is currently retooling it will be a bit of time before I can get my mitts on one from him. With the Cozy Partner being offered from a large holster maker, the availability is great and there would be little time stuck waiting.

Those of you who have used the Cozy Partner or that style of holster, what are your thoughts on it? How is the stability, durability, and overall comfort?

2. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

I use it on occasion when I carry the Sig P229. I use a 1.5-inch double-layer, reinforced leather belt along with a OWB pancake magazine pouch. I prefer the wider belt so that the 1.5-inch loops on this holster are snug with the belt to keep it from shifting. The rake (pistol grip angle) is such that it is positioned so that it "rides" somewhat upward and close to the body. I find that the leather construction is more accommodating than rigid kydex. I carry it at about 4:30.

Consider the Workman by Mitch Rosen Leather of the Glock 42.

Matt Shepard likes this.
  3. Matt Shepard

Hey, thanks for sharing!

I checked out Mitch Rosen and while his stuff looks excellent, it's just a bit over what I'm looking to spend.

Thanks again!

4. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

Cool. Good luck.

5. Mcameron

Mcameron Loaded Pockets

I have one for my G17, and am very pleased with it. It holds my gun securely and it stays where i put it, conceals it nice and close, and i can carry a full sized firearm with little printing.

the cut is good, i can get a full grip while it is holstered and draw without issue....However it is not rigid enough to be able to reholster with one hand.

its not the most comfortable holster ive ever worn.....then again, its not really uncomfortable either.....i wear mine everyday if that tells you anything......im guessing most of the discomfort comes from the fact that i have a full sized gun.

i do wish the leather was a tad thicker.....but for the price i really cant complain.

at the end of the day, i would probably buy it again, for the price its hard to beat.

Matt Shepard likes this.
  6. Matt Shepard

Hey Mcameron, I appreciate the heads up about it taking two hands to reholster.

I am very strongly considering getting one of these.

Thanks for taking the time to share.