1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

SF E1B Carry

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by medic727, May 17, 2008.

1. medic727

medic727 Empty Pockets

OK, I've had my SF E1B for 3 days now. So far, at least twice a day, the light has hit the ground after slipping off my belt. I carry it above the front edge of the hip pocket on my BDU's. The legs of the clip are not completely closed. There is an ~1/16+" gap. I contacted SF customer service. I was told that not all belt clip legs touch. I've tried heat-shrink tubing, to snug things up and make it more grippy. It helps. But, I've still had the light come partially or completely off of my belt. Any sheath or other belt/clip interfaces that I can try?

2. tadbik

tadbik Empty Pockets

medic727,

Don't you know Murphy's law of clips. The always fail! Doesn't matter if it's a flashlight, mobile phone or whatever!

3. NSaglibene

NSaglibene Empty Pockets

I've been carrying mine in my left hip pocket bezel down for months now without any problems. To me this is the best flashlight carry I've had yet, I love being able to draw it bezel down from my pocket right into the right hand position.

4. MandM

MandM Loaded Pockets

I love my E1b and I've been carrying it bezel down, back corner right front pocket, since I bought it last week. It helps if they're jeans-type pockets as opposed to slash-cut pockets I guess. I don't really use the clip to secure it, as much as to keep if from falling to the bottom of my pocket with all the other stuff in there.

You could always just get a a little sheath for it, I guess.

5. greenLED

greenLED Empty Pockets

Are you carrying bezel up or down? Maybe one way is more secure than the other?

I carried mine bezel down in my pocket for a while - no problems whatsoever.

6. Stormdrane

Stormdrane Loaded Pockets

Make yourself a lanyard for it and clip it to your belt loop. :)

7. mikespike2

mikespike2 Loaded Pockets

Left rear pocket in jeans.. no problems with the clip yet. How do you switch it from bezel up to bezel down? i couldn't get the clip out to flip it around? :help:

8. greenLED

greenLED Empty Pockets

You don't flip the clip. Just flip the light and clip one of the openings onto your pocket. That's the reason the clip has that odd "U" shape as opposed to the regular "single-leaf" clips.

:thinking: Not sure that made sense...

9. quokked

quokked Empty Pockets

10. Ainsley

Ainsley Loaded Pockets

I picked up two sheaths from originalsoegear.com and find them to be very high quality. They ran $15 each, custom made for my E1L and U2.

11. bigfoot

bigfoot Loaded Pockets

Check out this thread over on CPF... some folks have been picking up the Z68 tailcap and attaching a lanyard to that. I asked about the price of these and they run about $43 from Surefire. A little pricey but at least you won't lose your light.

CPF Thread

12. RGNY

RGNY Empty Pockets

yep, i swapped tailcaps between my E1B and my E2D.

the E2D now lives in th nightstand and the E1B in my pocket, the larger tailcap making it much easier to get to with a more secure grip.

13. WolfAmmoMan

WolfAmmoMan Banned

That's what I did as well. The E2D tailcap really improves the "feel" of the E1B. Plus it now tailstands ! :woohoo:

14. El Verbo

El Verbo Empty Pockets

Are E1B's pretty readily available? I haven't seen one around!

15. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

My local gun store/firing range had several E1Bs in stock as of last weekend.

16. WolfAmmoMan

WolfAmmoMan Banned

Yes, they are available in many places :)

17. Bucky

Bucky Loaded Pockets

I think they're more readily available online than in B&M stores, depending of course on where you live. My local Gander Mountain had a decent SureFire selection, but no E1Bs.

Bucky

18. WolfAmmoMan

WolfAmmoMan Banned

Don't forget that the E1B is Surefire's most in-demand light at the moment, so it's likely that they are flying off the dealers shelves at the moment :)

19. MitsosOSougias

MitsosOSougias Empty Pockets

I have it, I EDC it, I like the functionality ... but IMHO it is fugly!!! I would love if they kept the E1E finish and shape!

20. Bucky

Bucky Loaded Pockets

For me, what I love most about my E1B besides the unique beam pattern of course, is the look and finish of the light. To each their own I suppose...

Bucky