1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Serrated slipjoint

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Tallboyjim, May 3, 2017.

1. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

As per title really. The closest I've found is a boker tech-tool with a short belt cutter type (which I'm heavily leaning to) and a cold steel lucky which I'm not that keen on. I'd prefer a sheepsfoot style single blade but at this point beggars can't be choosers. Not keen on part serrated either or removing a lock of a lock knife.

Any obvious candidates I've missed?

SV-97 likes this.
  2. SV-97

SV-97 Loaded Pockets

:censored: that last part about lock removing :D
    There's nothing in my head right now, but Victorinox's Swisstools have a large serrated edge, maybe there's a regular SAK with that too.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

Tallboyjim likes this.
  3. Tallboyjim

Swisstools lock as well, and I've not had much joy with other SAKs.

Hard isn't it ;)

SV-97 likes this.
  4. SV-97

SV-97 Loaded Pockets

I just searched through knivesshipfree, bladeHQ and heinnie Haynes and there's literally nothing
    Things that came to my mind while searching were GEC since they sometimes put funky :censored: on their knives (like the woodcock) they may also have something
    And the spyderco clipit tool with serrated edge

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

Tallboyjim likes this.
  5. Hangman
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Hangman Loaded Pockets

Victorinox Baker's knife is serrated, but it isn't sheepsfoot. There are several models in the Wenger lineup that had a serrated main blade. Shrade has the 89OT that is a stockman with a serrated sheepsfoot.

Tallboyjim likes this.
  6. Tallboyjim

The bakers knife is one I hadn't considered - I assumed it was a plain edge - and it fits the bill. I've had a brief look and can't find a uk supplier but I'm sure I've seen one somewhere.

Thanks!

7. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

Well, I wanted to look around because you got me curious to see if there were any I could find. I came across the Mac Coltellerie B91/1. It's not a sheepsfoot though. They do have the B91/3 which is a stainless handle serrated sheepsfoot. These are on Knifecenter. Note, they are fairly cheap in price and don't mention a specific steel type, so who knows how good they are.

Tallboyjim likes this.
  8. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

If you can find one, I'd suggest the Victorinox Spartan with a serrated primary blade. I have one, but it appears that they stopped making it with a SE within the last couple of years. Since it also has a small penknife blade which is a PE it gives the best of both world. Do a Google search; you may find some sources.

Beyond that I second the vote for the Spyderco ClipiTool with the secondary blade being serrated. Yes, I have one of those also. Smaller than the SAK; I carry it sometimes as a complementary knife in my coin pocket.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

9. Bulldog87

Bulldog87 Loaded Pockets

Case came out with a line of serrated slip joint pocket folders recently. Check them out. I almost bought a Case Canoe with a serrated blade the other day. I might still buy it!

Water-Rat and Tallboyjim like this.
  10. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

Buy a Spyderco UKPK, ship it to Wiley Knives and for $6 they'll cut Spyderco style serrations into it for you.

Tallboyjim likes this.
  11. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

Shepherd Hills Cutlery (casexx.com) has a lot of serrated Case slipjoints, most are exclusive to them. Not sure if they are what you want. On their web page, search for "serrated" and you will see the full list.

Water-Rat and Tallboyjim like this.
  12. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

Those look nice JC, thanks for pointing those out. I especially like the Canoe and Trapper patterns that have one plain edge and one serrated blade.

13. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Now that I think of it, Cold Steel has some small SE knives: Tuff-Lite and Mini Tuff-Lite. These do have locks though...

Similarly, Victorinox has some larger folders which are designated as single hand opening; I think those lock into place as well; e.g., the 'Ranger Grip' series.

I know OP did not want a locking blade; but it might be worth looking at these -- the Cold Steel items in particular are pretty compact and not very costly. I have the Tuff-Lite in both SE and PE. Very useful. If of course the environment is OK with a locking blade!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

Tallboyjim likes this.
  14. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

Seriously though, Wiley Knives can add serrations to almost anything and they do it for super cheap. You really don't have to compromise, buy the slipjoint you like best and have it serrated. The only drawback here is most serrated blades are chisel ground so you end up with shallower serrations and a little leftover bevel on the back side but neither stop the serrations from being as effective.

Tallboyjim likes this.
  15. Tallboyjim

I'm in the UK so shipping is going to cost me big I suspect.

However my beady eye has spied the new leatherman juice B2, a slipjoint with two blades, one of them serrated.

16. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

If you're really determined, I would call Wiley Knives and see if they'd be willing to accept a new knife shipped directly to them and then charge you for the shipping from them to you, that way you aren't paying for it to ship to your house and back to the states and back again.

Tallboyjim likes this.
  17. kdurt

kdurt Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]not sure if this Wenger SAC fits the bill but it's in my pocket everyday and a ceramic rod does a good job of maintaining the edge I have another Wenger same size but it has a saw instead of the pliers and the blade actually has a functional lock
    Here's another shot with all implements displayed. I have the small PE wearing a nasty sharp edge as well.
    Tec dangler makes it disappear in the pocket.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[​IMG]

#18 kdurt, May 27, 2017
    Last edited: May 27, 2017
    Moshe ben David and Tallboyjim like this.
  18. Lellobeetle

Lellobeetle Loaded Pockets

Just for edification purposes I'll let you know that Wenger made an awesome model that I'm so glad I picked up before they got rid of it, and frankly, I have no clue why Victorinox wouldn't continue making this one...

Matterhorn
    [​IMG]

Tallboyjim likes this.
  19. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Google "Mac Coltellerie B91/3 Marine Slipjoint Folding Knife 3" Sheepsfoot Serrated Blade"... Italian made.

[​IMG]

Alternatively, you might try to hunt down this discontinued Spyderco on the the secondary market.

ATB,
    Sam

Tallboyjim likes this.