1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Sentimental knife?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by MartialArtist, Aug 18, 2014.

1. MartialArtist

MartialArtist Loaded Pockets

Any knife given to you as a child, given by someone special, or other things that makes a particlar knife special to you?

Mine is a SAK Huntsman, its the first knife i ever receive, and its what kindled my obsession for knives. Mind sharing yours?

2. FighterZak

FighterZak Loaded Pockets

Mine is an opinel no8 that belonged to my Grandpa that died before I was born.
    And a no 2 that was given to me by my uncle

Cobra 6 Actual, warchild and Mike R like this.
  3. Leverdoug

Leverdoug Loaded Pockets

First knife I bought, small single blade Victrinox Boy Scout knife.
    I also have my great granddads Case Peanut, my maternal granddads Imperial Barlow, and my paternal granddads Queen steel small fixed blade hunter.

4. RichinVA

RichinVA Loaded Pockets

Cattaraugus Oval Hole Packing Knife, my dad's EDC shipboard during WWII, USS Prevail......... [​IMG]

5. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

From another thread, but speaks to my most sentimental knife...

I finally received those replacement 510s so I could once again use that model of knife I have such fond memories of. I have heard other good news and that is that Mora brought the 510 back out.

6. MJGEGB

MJGEGB Loaded Pockets

I have an old Case xx belt knife that my old man handed down to me. Its one of the first knives I ever touched and the one that was used on my first camping trips as a child. The handle is gone, irreparable after years of abuse. Working on rehandling it with a jute wrap and aluminum bolsters. The sheath will need to be repaired or replaced as well.

I also have a very old Old Hickory that was given to me by my MIL. The knife was passed down to her by her father when she first moved out and was her first and only kitchen knife at the time.

Last is my Mora Classic #1 simply because it has become my personal favorite and we've been through a lot of good times together over the past 4 years.

7. Plexabit

Plexabit Loaded Pockets

My old man gave me his Gerber multitool when I was a teenager. It's the same one he used to pop fuses and do random things...in a U-2. It's been 70k+ feet above the ground over the Middle East multiple times, so it's kinda special to me.

8. Mike R

Mike R Loaded Pockets

I have an oldish Vic Camper given to me by my parents. Also a classic from my brother which has been on my keychain for at least 25 years.

I'm looking for my dad's old knife. I'm not sure what brand, but I remember him telling me it was his boy scout knife.

Cobra 6 Actual and warchild like this.
  9. Mr Thriven

Mr Thriven Loaded Pockets

My 4-blade BSA scout knife (made by Imperial USA) was my second pocketknife ever, and I still EDC one today. Also, the USMC KABAR holds sentimental value, as my uncle is a Vietnam USMC veteran, and I went on to serve as a Marine during the beginning of OEF.

10. patriotbosoxfan

patriotbosoxfan Loaded Pockets

My old Gerber mini paraframe was my first knife, it may be the crappiest knife I own and has many "battle" scars on it, some from my lack of sharpening skills when I was around ten, others from trying to throw it into trees when I was young also, strangely my first high quality pocket knife was a satin and camo PM2 which I am also sentimental about. Some pics may come soon...

Cobra 6 Actual and warchild like this.
  11. Lightnig

Lightnig Loaded Pockets

This one

[​IMG]

The first knife I ever built myself, from a chunk of raw flat bar (440C). Definately not my best knife, but my first. Carried it on my belt for a couple of years before I did something stupid and broke the tip off it. My fault, not the knifes...

12. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

I have a small, 2-blade Old Timer that belonged to my Granddad. I carry it on occasion. He would want me to - his knives were users.

13. Foxwalk

Foxwalk Loaded Pockets

My sentimental knife is a bit obscure. Its a Camillus produced knife for Craftsman's tool, model number 95233 (Buck 110 clone). My first blade I had ever bought back in 03, and is my most used and most prized blade. I have Spydercos, Kershaws, Bucks, and Case's that are better than it, but I always find myself working that old blade into my EDC or Backpacking rotation.

14. Buckeye Jake

Buckeye Jake Loaded Pockets

Case CV red bone peanut
    Jake

Cobra 6 Actual, warchild and Quantum like this.
  15. batteur
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

batteur Loaded Pockets

A convex ground Marttiini I got from my grandfather, who bought it in Finland in 1961 AFAIK.

16. TDS

TDS Loaded Pockets

Quite possibly the first ever thing i bought with my own money (apart from lollies). i was 6 or 7, in the mid 80s, when a boy could buy a knife.
    It was promptly confiscated by the parents when they found out. Liberating her from their clutches (more than once) was the first of many many adventures together.
    We grew up together, and are still together, and i plan on having her around a whole lot longer.
    [​IMG]

17. pathwinder14

pathwinder14 Loaded Pockets

My Dad always carried a Vic Classic. I have some of his old ones.

18. Lightnig

Lightnig Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

If you could please :)

19. MartialArtist

MartialArtist Loaded Pockets

Pics soon to come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. RangerSoftail

RangerSoftail Loaded Pockets

An Old Timer passed to me from my father who got it from my grandfather.

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.