1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Seiko Monster or Luminox?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Eyebedam, Apr 3, 2012.

1. asdf0r

asdf0r Empty Pockets

great, lookin forward to your review :)

2. Eyebedam

Eyebedam Loaded Pockets

I have to agree the black monster looks classy. I really like the look of this 1 someone posted. Looks expensive though.
    [​IMG]

antonic likes this.
  3. Gotitonme

Gotitonme Loaded Pockets

Monster all the way... [​IMG]
    Although, as mentioned before, the Orient Mako is tough to beat for the price.
    [​IMG]

4. SharpScott

SharpScott Loaded Pockets

A quick note to add .... The Black Seiko is rumoured to have been discontinued by Seiko and is to be replaced by a new version in the third and forth quarter of this year. It is likely that the 7S26 movement will be dropped in favour of a 4Rxx movement.

Scott.

herosemblem likes this.
  5. antonic

antonic Loaded Pockets

Wow I'm wondering if it'll have the 4r15 movement like the "Spork" below?:
    [​IMG]

6. DBR

DBR Loaded Pockets

Sharp looking watches!

7. rickinFL

rickinFL Loaded Pockets

Decision made easy. Buy both. Seiko for diving and Luminox for playing keyboard commando.

[​IMG]

antonic likes this.
  8. Six String

Six String Loaded Pockets

Some items in our culture achieve iconic status. Corvette automobiles, Randall knives, Rolex Submariner watches, Martin guitars, Mont Blanc pens, Louis Vuitton handbags, 1911-style handguns. The Orange Monster is an icon.

9. MR24927
    • In Omnia Paratus

MR24927 Loaded Pockets

i love them both but i love luminiox a little bit better

10. Feralswine

Feralswine Loaded Pockets

In what regards? I'm guessing that's just your opinion. In my opinion, both are fine examples and are of equal value but fit different niches. The Monster is too heavy for my liking. However, I think its an outstanding watch. I like, lighter watches though. I also like a battery over the gyro or whatever it is that self powers it. I switch watches and/or take them off too long to merit that type of thing. Let me reiterate... that is my opinion and I think that Seiko makes an outstanding watch but to say that the Luminox is not worth the money is just flat wrong!

To answer the OPs question... you can't go wrong with either choice. Both are fine time pieces and you should go with which ever suits your needs best

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

11. Eyebedam

Eyebedam Loaded Pockets

Well I think I may have decided. I just need to find 1. I'm gonna get a Black Monster, but would like to get a white Faced Baby Monster first. Also pre-ordered a Lum-Tec. This mess is expensive.

12. antonic

antonic Loaded Pockets

If I'm going to go battery powered, I'd pull the trigger on Lum Tec for it awesome lume[​IMG][​IMG] and a close second, a Traser H3 P6600 Mil for its tritium tubes and robustness.

Eyebedam likes this.
  13. Eyebedam

Eyebedam Loaded Pockets

What is the model # of the Lum-Tec in the pic? I was thinking about tge LZ10 but this pic is fantastic.

14. Gotitonme

Gotitonme Loaded Pockets

IMHO watches with T25 tritium are not very impressive. Something like a Deep Blue Daynight Ops will be a better bang for the buck over any Luminox, Traser, Etc. Otherwise I would take the Seiko lume over those plastical tactical models.

15. antonic

antonic Loaded Pockets

That's a 500m

16. Eyebedam

Eyebedam Loaded Pockets

What a hot little time piece. However it's about double what I'm wanting to spend.

17. Eyebedam

Eyebedam Loaded Pockets

On the lum-tec topic. Does tge Battery make them glow or is it something else. They sure look sharp & glow like nothing I've seen before. I'm so close to ordering the LZ 10 but would like to actually like to see someone's personal orange glow instead of sales propaganda.

18. antonic

antonic Loaded Pockets

Yeah get the LumZilla LZ10 which I'm also planning to get one day. I don't think the lume is battery powered. Here's the reason why I'm also thinking about getting a Traser:

19. asdf0r

asdf0r Empty Pockets

Don't believe the advertisment shots of the luminating hands. They "recharge" them just for the shot. In example if i point a UV light in my seiko monster for 15 seconds you would think that this watch is x20 times more luminous than any tritum watch.

20. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

I have to agree. I am not putting Lum-Tec down in the least ( I actually contemplated them for a new watch), but lume shots can be enhanced with charging and/or proper camera settings. I believe that Lum-Tec uses a very high quality luminous paint and not an electrical (battery) source for their glow and lasts many hours. I'm sure YouTube has some lume comparisons.
    I also have to agree with Gotitonme, the glow from the T100 trit tubes like on the DB DayNight Ops (proud owner) is awesome, too bad its a bit chunky for me.