1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Seiko Monster or Luminox?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Eyebedam, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Eyebedam

Eyebedam Loaded Pockets

So to be quite honest I really want a Lum-Tec LZ10 but I don't know if I can swing it. So I'm thinking start off a little less expensive. 200.00 or less, should I get a seiko monster possibly the orange or a Luminox Blackout or would you recommend something else? I like something semi tacticool that looks really good & is dependable. It will not be abused to bad. Mainly weekend wear & won't be submerged in water or anything like that. Only watch I have is a black Fossil my wife got me a few years ago & I like it but havent worn it a ton. Just now thinking of getting into watches. I also have small wrist.

Thanks peeps

2. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

For the money, you can't go wrong with the Monster; steel vs "plastic" case, auto vs quartz (this has its pros and cons and is a debate onto itself), great lume but obviously not tritium. While I have both the Monster (BM & OM) and a Luminox (3000 series) I believe you simply get more for your money with the Monster. BTW both wear well on my 6.5" wrist, but the Lumi wears a bit better being thinner and lighter.

3. archimedes

archimedes EDC Junkie!!!

Seiko Monster(s) are great .... might also check out Orient, too, like the Mako.

4. asdf0r

asdf0r Empty Pockets

Of course Seiko.
    Luminox isn't worth the money for it's low price models

5. Eyebedam

Eyebedam Loaded Pockets

There's a Luminox 3050 blackout locally that the guy wants 150.00 for. It looks to be in good shape. He has the box & everything it came with & original sales receipt. I think he got it July of last year.

6. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

For "weekend wear" you probably don't want an automatic watch like the Seiko Monster. You will have to reset the time every weekend because it will stop running midway through the week.

7. asdf0r

asdf0r Empty Pockets

I'm wearing my Monster everyday and in 2 weeks my watch is 30 seconds ahead of my G-Shock. If you wear your watch and just don't put it in your wrist for 10 minutes everyday, you'll have no problem with timekeeping.
    And by the way, i bought my Monster for 160 bucks. I think it's way better than a plastic rubber luminox. If you want you can give 30 bucks more (190) and buy it with a bracelet (a very good one) which you'll be able to wear in official occasions instead of the all-black luminox.
    Buy one zulu strap and you have the best watch 200$ can buy which you can wear in all places.

8. Eyebedam

Eyebedam Loaded Pockets

Seems like the Monster may be the ticket. Now to decide orange or black. I think the black is classy looking, I may have to keep an eye on the classifieds here & see what comes available you never know I may fin someone wanting to do a little trading. I have looked on the Big Auction site & it kinda makes mea little nervous with a watch purchase. I'm afraid I'll get a knock-off.

9. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

Monster all the way for me personally. Lot of watch for money, especially if you snag a good used one :)

10. Eyebedam

Eyebedam Loaded Pockets

I'm considering putting up my NIB first run EDCF Moonglow Manix for sale to raise funds & just bite the bullet & get the
    Lum-Tec. I hate making choices.

11. skip0911

skip0911 Loaded Pockets

My vote is for the Black Monster.

12. Beneficial

Beneficial Loaded Pockets

13. asdf0r

asdf0r Empty Pockets

I would also suggest black monster. Not because i own one, but because it's more neutral than the orange one which looks a bit more sporty. I bought mine from creationwatches which is one of the cheapest online stores i 've found, pretty reliable, authentic 100% and good reputation from the biggest watch forum (watchuseek).
    Whatever you buy, we want photo shots ^_^

edit: wow lots of typos. Guess i should not write when i'm drunk :p

14. Tarponfly49

Tarponfly49 Loaded Pockets

Seiko black monster 100x over...have one and love it!

15. drb328
    • In Omnia Paratus

drb328 Loaded Pockets

Love my monster, make sure to get it with the metal strap makes it so much better IMO. And their customer service and repairs are top notch.
    Honestly working in retail people ask about my watch all the time when i wear it

16. antonic

antonic Loaded Pockets

I just sent my Black Monster to Yobokles to get a new Sapphire crystal and new hands which will look something like this:
    [​IMG]o

17. asdf0r

asdf0r Empty Pockets

Wow looks pretty cool!
    How much will it cost for the sapphire and how much for the new hands?

18. Mester

Mester Loaded Pockets

Go for the monster.

Check my " I love my Seiko Monster" group on FB.

antonic likes this.
  19. antonic

antonic Loaded Pockets

Hi asdf the price hasn't been finalized but the crystal is 45, the hands are 30 to 35 then there's labor involved. I'll write a review in here when I get my watch back.

20. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

Here's mine on some new leather :)

[​IMG]