1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Seiko Monster Discontinued / Retired

Discussion in 'Watches' started by karlito, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Loaded Pockets

I believe that your information may be in error. I've done some searching on various Seiko watch forums, and have found no evidence that Seiko has discontinued the Monster.

2. Phaeton

Phaeton Empty Pockets

I can find no reliable reference that this is the case, Craig's List is hardly a reliable resource. None of the watch forums or Seiko's own site mention the Monster as discontinued.

I suggest we put this discontinuance on hold until there is a really reliable resource. While it is certainly possible, it is not logical, considering the popularity (and sales) of these watches.

Mark

3. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

By no means do I believe CL is a reliable source (especially by someone who is trying to pump up his item), it is where I first heard of this. I googled it and found that some retailers showed it as discontinued. Here is one of the result: http://www.righttime.com/rt/seiko/wwoldmodels.htm This seemed to make a little sense since I has seen quite a few on sale lately. Possibly a case of seeing evidence to justify a hypothesis?

I just shot an e-mail to Seiko inquiring about this and will post results ASAP. Hope it is false.

4. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

LOL, running a Google search for anything will return a result for it, regardless of how true or untrue it is. Just go search for your favorite conspiracy theory!

5. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

OK here it is from Seiko customer service... "Skx779 is in stock and 781 is back ordered apx. 1/2010"

Sorry for any anxiety this may have cause.

6. 21411

21411 Loaded Pockets

No worries! It caused me to search for immediate deals and I found one. I hope those who were interested in a Monster regardless of status jumped on the specials.

On that note, the OM I ordered from FractionPrice shipped. :woohoo:

7. Bowman1911

Bowman1911 EDC Mechanic

Yeah, it ended up bein' the deciding factor in my orderin' 1 from Island watches. I wanted the steel band & shipping is 99 cents. It shipped today. it'll be my first Seiko & first auto.

8. SALT

SALT Loaded Pockets

Hey, it was the extra push I needed. No worries. My Black Monster shipped today aswell

9. Ecko

Ecko Loaded Pockets

While Christmas shopping with the wifey today I tried on a Black Monster and loved it. They were asking $270 on sale, marked down from $350. I never buy anything anymore without searching the internet first.

Just found it for $150 shipped from World of Watches. :woohoo: