1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Seeking vehicle kit container for FAK, not a trauma kit

Discussion in 'First Aid Station' started by Knifestyle, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Knifestyle

Knifestyle Loaded Pockets

For a couple years, I've had a trauma kit strapped behind my passenger headrest. For lesser occasions? A Walmart plastic tray kit under the seat...Now that it's become a priority, I'm starting to augment the kit with wilderness first aid equipment that I got trained on through NOLS. As the plastic box is now too awkward and small for my uses, I'm looking for a soft bag to hold my 'general' first aid bag without any trauma gear. Ideally, I want it in red or neon orange so I can tell people to find it and grab it. Inexpensive is fine, it will only be carried when retrieved. Multiple pockets are great, but I also may use gallon freezer bags for labeled components such as burns, cuts, etc.

2. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Do a search for "empty first reponder bag" or "empty emt bag" . You'll find a variety of sizes in Red or Flo Orange or Flo Green. In some cases, some of navy blue like some EMT uniforms, but these are decorated with EMT patches that make the contents fairly obvious.

ATB,
    Sam

3. Blackbeagle
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blackbeagle Loaded Pockets

If it's big enough for you, lookup "mechanics toolbag" on somewhere like Amazon. Lots of makers, lots of colors. Just about the right size, and usually cheap.

4. Brewer
    • +1 Supporter

Brewer Loaded Pockets

I'm currently doing the same thing, never really been totally happy with my first aid setups. In particular I hate the way everything is generally packed in so tight and everything has to go back in such a precise way.

Modular zip lock bags inside a larger bag is one option I'm looking at, but I'm also hunting for roll-out bags with internal clear vinyl pockets - I just think this is the best format, you can lay it out on any surface and everything stays clean until you need it, and no fumbling past stuff you don't need to get to the stuff you do.

At home I'm now using a plastic storage tub that has an organiser tray insert - this keeps bandaids and all the small fiddly stuff organised up top, and all the bulky stuff like bandages etc go in the main tub below.

5. Jean

Jean Loaded Pockets

Tackle boxes are available in many versions.

6. volvoboy

volvoboy Loaded Pockets