1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Seeking small bluetooth headset

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by revisions, Aug 27, 2013.

1. revisions

revisions Loaded Pockets

I listen to the radio almost all day at work, and I currently use a Jabra Talk earpiece/headset to do this through my phone. I like that it doesn't disturb my coworkers (like a radio with speakers would) and it's very discrete -- if someone walks up to my desk, I can pull it out of my ear and usually they are none the wiser.

I'm looking for an upgrade/replacement. I don't have any particular complaints about this bluetooth headset, I just find it a bit larger and older than I would like, and I think I've compromised the battery a bit -- it doesn't seem to hold a charge like it used to.

So I'm seeking suggestions for bluetooth headsets! My goals are that it be small and discrete and not make me look like too much of a cyborg (no boom mics, preferably no "over-the-ear" clip), and that it have a good battery life. I can occasionally recharge it at my desk at work so the battery life isn't as much of a concern--honestly I'm seeking a better-looking, sleeker tool.

2. grayman

grayman Loaded Pockets

I'm a huge fan of the Blue Ant offerings. They are very versatile in that I can use it with my phone as well as my computer.

3. revisions

revisions Loaded Pockets

May I ask which you have? They all look a little big on users to me, though I can't find too many of the Endure on an actual human. Size comparison pics would be superbly appreciated. The q3 looks great and very stylish but on people in a google image search, it looks pretty big

4. grayman

grayman Loaded Pockets

Blue Ant Q2
    [​IMG]

5. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

I too didnt want to look like a cyborg. I use an LG Tone HBS700. Its stereo. Easily connects to my work samsung and home iPhone. Good battery lasts half a day on constant (edit: constant music that is - lasts days for occasional calls instead) and its behind your neck or under your shirt collar with wired ear buds.
    I use it for light exercise, in the car (only one ear bud) andat home. One con is it only connects to one of each Audio and Handsfree Headset e.g. A laptop for audio and phone for Handsfree Headset or only one iPhone for both music and phone calls. But it remembers a pairing on more than one - if that makes sense at all.
    [​IMG]

6. PPCApache
    • In Omnia Paratus

PPCApache Banned

I personally use the Samsung HM7100 bluetooth headset,very light weight, no over the ear clips and great sound. It does both phone and media.

[​IMG]

It has a chargeable carry case that will recharge the headset with in 1-2 hrs, great if you don't have a charger or near mains power.

[​IMG]

Also I like the fact it has NFC bluetooth connection (sorry iPhone users) for pairing the device.

[​IMG]

7. patientcero

patientcero Loaded Pockets

Jabra Icon HD. It has proven long battery life, customizable playback voices and a few other features. It's pairs easily and quickly, very clear on both ends of call. Really good background noise reduction.

Also have a Jabra 8040 that is my back up that has been great as well. Previously my primary that has served me well and no issues.

Sent from my iPhone via satellite from outer frickin' space!

8. Evilbunny

Evilbunny Loaded Pockets

motorola h9 is pretty small. ebay has one without cradle for $20

9. Bigdaddyrooster
    • In Omnia Paratus

Bigdaddyrooster Loaded Pockets

I like the Bose , I am a little hard or hearing and it has great sound, although a little pricey.

10. NukeGuard

NukeGuard Empty Pockets

In my experience, you can't go wrong with any Blueant headset.They are a little pricier than most, however they take a beating and a half. My wife and I have had several Z9i's between us. I'm probably going to upgrade to a newer unit soon. The Motorola's and the Jabra's and pretty much every other one out there seem to be too fragile for my taste. The Blueant's sound quality and noise mitigation are top notch as well.

11. yaniv glozman

yaniv glozman Loaded Pockets

As a certified Bluetooth cyborg . You need to consider several aspects .
    Do you talk in noisy enviermet and need good noise reduction? If so I will recommend the Plantronics m1100 ( I use it on noisy workplace or while riding bike ) or discovery 975se
    Or the jawbone , I prefer the Plantronics .

If you need it for music you need to compromise on size\battery life \ price and on the microphone quality in all of them i used the plentronics go and backbeat
    Both are great the go is compact and light the back-beat have a much better microphone and battery life

My next BT (just bought it 5 min ago ) is the HTC bh s600 I can write my opinion as soon as I receive them

Another model I would consider is http://www.jaybirdgear.com/ expensive but suppose to be very good .