1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Seeking a small wallet for a few cards plus cash

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by Knifestyle, Jul 16, 2018.

1. onebadwagon

onebadwagon Loaded Pockets

Craft and Lore Port wallet here, been rocking it for the better part of a year with no complaints. Actually, I dig the hell out of it.

2. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

I have several and love them all
    but the Trove wallet maybe my favorite
    its holds so much and stays so small

3. Kev2488

Kev2488 Loaded Pockets

Check out RaggedEdge, they are made of carbon fiber sailcloth and come in a variety of colors and types. I have a front pocket waller with ID window that holds all my cards about 8 or 10 and about $100 dollars in various bills no problem, barely there in the pocket. Also try out Trayvex, I have their Axis and its also very lightweight and barely there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4. 5swatpup5

5swatpup5 Loaded Pockets

Take a look at Hempy’s. They have several offerings in different colors. I have the bi-fold which is enough for a couple of cards and cash, it is very thin. They also have a minimalist which is good for a couple of cards and maybe folded cash. Good luck hunting!

Carry on,

5swatpup5.

5. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

So I got a Nodus Compact Coin in Chestnut brown https://noduscollection.com/collections/for-wallets for Christmas.
    Used it only for a short while, but I can say that this is It. The quality of the leather and craftsmanship are top notch. Everything works perfectly and looks just stunning. Within those few days, three people already asked me about it.
    Is it cheap? No. But it oozes quality and functions perfectly. Though I have to say, I don’t use the key slot, but I have no doubt this functions properly as well. Plus the whole thing is closed with a zipper and doesn’t look like a lab setup, as other micro wallets do. The two outer slot pockets are great for parking garage cards and similar temporary stuff.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener

FiaOlleDog likes this.
  6. FiaOlleDog

FiaOlleDog Loaded Pockets

Congratulations on the Nodus ... I've that on my wish list too.

For other thread watchers and for reference purpose: Fossil makes some good front pocket wallets too, and the Elgin ID Card Case Front Pocket Wallet may be a valid competitor in this space.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  7. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

Go for it, if you can. You will not regret it. It’s really awesome. Tried like 10 micro wallets, but this is a different league than the rest.

8. FiaOlleDog

From looking at the pictures and the anticipated use-cases (like wireless/NFC payment with the default card, keeping the other cards RFiD-secured with the IDs and cash stored inside, etc.) I think so.

Would appreciate if you can mention some highlights of the Nodus for you - compared to those other micro wallets.

BTW: one of the reviews of the Nodus reported that they are going to reverse the zipper, so it opens on the top and not on the side. Is yours the new/changed version already?

Thanks in advance!

9. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

The quality of the item and the leather and how it is shaped is just great. Crisp sewed corners, compared to let’s say the Bellroy Card Pocket (which’s but pretty good already).
    The two outer slots. One I use for my debit card, slap it on the RFID reader, done. The second one for whenever I get a temporary card, like parking or ferry or whatnot. The rest is zipped away, which makes it look neat and keeps things where they should be.
    The coins can be taken out and been put back very easily, although I only have three coins in there (0.50, 1.0, and 2.0 EUR for shopping carts, bathrooms, coffee or whatever).
    Mine is the “old” version, but I have no whatsoever issue with that.
    The leather looks less “painted” but more dyed and open against comparable products. Therefore more “organic” and will definitely age nicer.
    HTH

FiaOlleDog likes this.
  10. FiaOlleDog

I frequently checked their website and the Nodus is always out-of-stock ...

So i finally settled on a DONBOLSO® Bern leather men’s slim wallet, reduced the number of cards I carry down to six (6) and still be able to stuff 5+ bills (3-way folded) and ~5 coins in it - this is necessary for us Europeans as there are still a lot of places (bakery, parking, etc.) that don't accept cashless payment and a bill (starts at EURO 5,-) isn't feasible.

Due to its small size I'm now carrying it also in my jeans front pocket - freeing one of the back pockets ... considering what I could EDC in this space now :cool:

twin63 likes this.