1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Seasonal changes in EDC?

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by deeker, Apr 19, 2006.

1. deeker

deeker Loaded Pockets

Being in a northern latitude, the seasons are definitely changing. Finally, shirt-sleeves and shorts!

Does your EDC change with the weather, or seasons? What do you remove or add to the pile of stuff?

2. gordonk

gordonk Empty Pockets

For me, I probably won't with perhaps the exception of evenings where I will be changeing to shorts (we are casual business in my area - jeans/golf shirt are OK in our dept (Research and Technology Development, but no shorts), but then I wear shorts with cargo pants pockets. My regular EDC equipment for top pockets/belt/IWB won't change, but because yardwork starts to get in the way, my Gerber EZ-OUT & Gator will likely come more into play. Depending on other circumstance, I may put my Wave II on my belt, it's better suited for that stuff than my Paladin/SOG PT510 which I have on my belt now, more because I'm doing reno work on one my rentals and it just plain works better in the electrical/casual stuff than the Wave - Wave is just a bit clumsy there. UNLESS, of course, I find other large inexpensive beaters. Last year, I was rotating a Buck 887SBT Police Advocate in there to "test it out" so to speak. Seems to like that rough stuff. I know that I'll likely have an SE Endura 4 by then, so for that branch/planting trimming stuff....... :) And then, of course, I may be lucky enough to acquire one of the ZDP Delicas. ;)

- gord

3. LowWorm

LowWorm Guest

My EDC changes mostly in terms of how I carry it.

Winter, I tend to layer everything in coat and sweater pockets. Summer, more ends up in a pouch or bag, and a water bottle (.3L Sigg) becomes more essential. Because of more daylight, my flashlights tend to be less powerful and more portable.

4. Peter Atwood

Peter Atwood Empty Pockets

Yeah, I do tend to carry a little bit less if I have light shorts on for instance. But the biggest change for me is my watch. Without long sleeves to provide some protection I definitely have to wear a beater around the shop or else take off my watch. Luckily I'm fortunate enough to have a couple of old watches that are a bit scratched up already that have been officially designated Shop Watches.

5. xDANx

xDANx Banned

I carry more in the summer, because I wear cargo shorts instead of jeans