1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Search for best 3-day tactical backpack

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by ambaal, Oct 26, 2009.

1. amv

amv Loaded Pockets

Let's us know what you think of your Rush 72. I'm one of the people on here who is NOT a fan. In fact it's back in my closet and I'm using my Falcon 2 again. I'd rather cut down on my gear then carry a pack I don't like.

2. ambaal

ambaal Loaded Pockets

Just received it today, and it looks awfully like the pack I was hoping to get. In other words, so far I see no reason for it to be excellent.

Falcon II is also an excellent pack, but they are really in different leagues - there is no way I can replace 3-day pack with 1-day pack, the stuff simply won't fit.
    I can imagine why Rush72 is unfit for EDC - it's just way to big, but for it's role as a 3+ day pack it is in my opinion excellent.

We'll see after I take it out with full load though.

3. ambaal

ambaal Loaded Pockets

I'm hereby announce that the search is over.

Rush72 is go. Also comes with free 5.11 molle nalgene holder which is a best molle nalgene holder I've seen so far.

4. AcesQ

AcesQ Loaded Pockets

I think the RUSH 72 from 5.11 Tactical will be good.

5. ironmike86

ironmike86 Loaded Pockets

How tall is the holder? I find 2 different sizes 7 1/2 and 9" tall? It will fit the bottle and close?

6. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

The 5.11 bottle carrier, pictured here only comes in one size.

And I've never had a problem fitting my Nalgene bottle inside and closing.

-Trevor

7. ambaal

ambaal Loaded Pockets

Words of truth these are! Cannot agree more with them.

8. ironmike86

Thats what I was wondering 7 1/2" but isn't the bottle 8 1/2" and it still closes? Thats why I was wondering on the size. Also does it come with a molle clip?

9. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

Closes just fine - the "lid" has a fair amount of overlap, allowing the bag to accommodate taller bottles and the side-release buckle has extra webbing, giving the user more flexibility in cinching the lid tight. Check out the second picture here.

The back of the carrier has two of 5.11's "slickstick" straps which are, for all practical purposes, MALICE clips - take a look at this picture. The idea is slick and pretty self-explanatory.

-Trevor

10. ambaal

ambaal Loaded Pockets

The bottle holder fits 1lt nalgene even if it has cap cap cap :)censored:, how did they come up with name like this?) without any problem.

Truly best nalgene hauling solution.

11. Prodigal_Son_84

Prodigal_Son_84 Loaded Pockets

Way to go on the RUSH 72! O0

I'm a full time college student, and I carry the Rush 72 pack daily. Books, gear, laptop, and every essential known to man, I load it out daily up to 50 lbs. plus. No rips, no snares, no problems. You'll love it man! I've had mine going on about 9 months or so. Just an awesome pack for whatever the cause. Always room for whatever you need, seriously.

12. J4C3

J4C3 Guest

ambaal i agree for day to day its ideal ,also the Rush can fit one in either side pocket when needed

13. ironmike86

Just wanted to mention I just received my 511 bottle holder. For the price and function it was exactly as described. Best Mollee bottle holder if you want something small just to hold a 32oz.water bottle. The brown isn't a perfact match for my Kirafu EE but close enough. :woohoo:

[img width=640 height=480]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f98/ironmike86/DSC06916.jpg[/img]