1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Search for best 3-day tactical backpack

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by ambaal, Oct 26, 2009.

1. ambaal

ambaal Loaded Pockets

Hi everyone,

Suddenly I realised that my falcon is not enough for longer trips and hence felt a need for a 3-day tactical pack.

My first thought was: VultureII, but then I thought that there might be hell lot of other good 3-day packs and I have enough of maxped gear already.

Wanted features are:
    - Not being a clone of A-III (in that case I just buy vulture)
    - Good selection of PALS attachement points.
    - Hydration capable
    - Good admin section and internal organisation.
    - Frame of some sort would be a huge plus
    - Large enough to be a 3 day pack.

On paper, I really like Blackhawk Titan, but there are no reviews available. Rush72 seems to be OK too, although I'm still yet to find out whether or not it has a subframe. Dont know anything about kifaru or mystery ranch or tad gear at all.

So gentlemen (and ladies), our opinions and links are much much appreciated.

2. gunny

gunny Empty Pockets

The rush72 has a sort of hard plate between the wearer and the hydration pouch.
    The admin pouch on the front is the best i've seen, and if you've got a thing for mesh pockets this is the one for you.
    I think 5.11 have a youtube video on the 72 if it helps. :luck:

3. godcode

godcode Loaded Pockets

+100 on the RUSH. You also have the Kifaru and Mystery Ranch options...

4. Andy_L

Andy_L Loaded Pockets

I was hoping to be the first to mention Kifaru

Marauder or Mollex would be my first though.

5. ambaal

ambaal Loaded Pockets

which ones of kifaru and mystery ranch? I take it kifaru does not usually have PALS/MOLLE attachements, is that right?

6. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

It might be worth your time to look at ATS offerings - their RAID 2 variant is out, but it's tailed for people in body armor. It generally gets high marks, as does Tactical Tailor.

Fair warning though - the RAID doesn't have much by way of internal admin organization. The bag is covered in PALS so you can clip on your own modifications.

-Trevor

Edit: Look at the Kifaru military offerings. The Marauder is nothing but PALS. ;D

7. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

Since Kifaru and Mystery Ranch already got mentioned, I'll just add Source to the list. I have a smaller one and it's very nice.

8. J4C3

J4C3 Guest

Rush 72 would get my vote,i have a 24 and will never use another bergen

9. deep30hz

deep30hz Empty Pockets

The Rush 72 is alot of pack for the money. I've had mine for over a year and been all over our great country with it as I'm on the road about 90% of the time. Never had a problem with it. It's a really good pack.

10. ambaal

ambaal Loaded Pockets

Ordered Rush72 in flat dark earth, which is another way of saying 'god knows what color is it'.

Seems to be a nice pack. Really liked kifaru, but lack of internal organization of marauder was a bit too much for a price asked - and i'd have to spend twice that on pouches to build the bag I want.

11. deep30hz

deep30hz Empty Pockets

Kifaru just makes incredible stuff. They are made for you to customize them exactly as you want them to be. This of course can also cost plenty of $$$. They are as most people say "bomb proof". But i have to say the Rush packs are built pretty :censored: good and they have alot of pockets built in, which for me are in the right places and are great for what I need. I've beaten mine up over the last year and it still looks new. I think for the money it's a really good solid and versitile pack. Also, to me it seems the newer "flat dark earth" is not as orange looking as it used to be.......to my eyes anyway....which is a good thing lol.

12. mercop

mercop Empty Pockets

SoTech Mission Pack Trek

13. xxrice

xxrice Empty Pockets

14. jehan60188

jehan60188 Loaded Pockets

15. brix

brix Loaded Pockets

16. GregBFL

GregBFL Loaded Pockets

I just received my Dark Earth Rush 24 today and so far I am very impressed ... the quality of the materials and all the features makes it a real bargain. I sold a Condor II to purchase this pack after reading several reviews and I am glad I did. Both are nice packs but the Rush 24 suits my needs better. As for as the Dark Earth color is concerned, it is very similar to Countycomm's Coyote Brown BOB XL (another very good deal for the money), but a shade or two darker. I think you will be impressed by the Rush 72 as well.

17. Aquilon

Aquilon Loaded Pockets

18. ntvtxngop

ntvtxngop Loaded Pockets

Wondering why no one has mentioned the Maxped Fliegerduffel? I know it's not a traditional backpack, but it can be worn as such. And, if I'm not mistaken, it's main compartment is bigger than the Rush 72's. I myself am vascillating between a Rush 72 and a Fliegerduffel.

19. ambaal

ambaal Loaded Pockets

I actually have doppelduffel. Don't really think that it is a replacement for a 3-day backpack.

If we are talking luggage for mechanised travel - then probably yes, they are roughly the same size.
    If we are talking extensive trips with the bag on shoulders - don't think so.

20. deast

deast Empty Pockets

Camelbak Talon is a great versatile pack. The footprint of the bag is smaller than others but bulky, heavy items can be securely cinched down to the outside and it comes with a removable admin pouch. The Camelbak Tri zip's suspension is great for heavy loads and with two internal mesh pockets, two external side pockets, lid pocket, and tons of PALS the organization is better than you may think.