1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Screwpop Tools Wrench

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by riot, Feb 10, 2014.

1. riot

riot Loaded Pockets

This is a short review of the new Screwpop Tools wrench. Like lots of people here, I love small pocket tools that serve multiple purposes. The Screwpop Tools wrench is just that! It's main function is as a wrench, and comes in both SAE and Metric versions. They are made of stainless steel, and are perfectly sized for pocket or keychain carry.

Here is a picture of the SAE and Metric versions, side-by-side:

[​IMG]

The Metric version is on top and has 17mm, 13mm, 10mm, and 8mm drivers. The SAE version is on the bottom and has 9/16", 1/2", 7/16", 3/8", 5/16" drivers. Both tools also have a 1/4" driver for screwdriver bits or sockets. They also both function as cap lifters (and quite well I might add!) and the tip can also be used as a flathead screwdriver, a pry tool, or a scraper. Here is a picture of the 1/4" driver holding a screwdriver bit:

[​IMG]

Also of interest are the grooves or jimping on the sides of the tools. They are great for keeping a good grip on the tool while using it, but they can also be used as makeshift rulers. The grooves on the longer side of the tool are exactly 1". The grooves on the smaller side of the tool are exactly 1/2". The space between two "valleys" is 1/8", and each "peak" is 1/16". They are great for getting a quick measurement of something small. Here is a picture next to a tape measure to show the measurements:

[​IMG]

I took a few pictures of the Screwpop Tools wrench next to some other pocket tools to show their size:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've had them for about a month now, and they've come in handy a few times already. The wrenches work very well, and they pop caps as good as or better than other pocket tools I own. They don't take up very much room in my pocket organizer either. The SAE and Metric versions are sold separately or as a package (which makes them a bit cheaper).

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

MarcV and vegassprky like this.