1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Sciatica ?? from wallets

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by ran23, Apr 26, 2009.

1. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

My wife (54yrs) has Sciatica and reading a bit, it seems guys with fat wallets can get it because of that. Anybody have it and because of their wallets. strange stuff. thanks.

2. dewildeman

dewildeman Loaded Pockets

Whenever I'm driving on the highway I always take my wallet out. If I don't I'll get pains shooting up and down my leg. Depending how you're built, size of wallet, etc, you can put pressure on the nerves that run along side your bones. It can become a coronic problem.

3. greenLED

greenLED Empty Pockets

One reason I quit carrying my wallet in the back pocket many years ago.

I've also heard of people carrying guns IWB who develop this same type of problem.

4. xizzy

xizzy Empty Pockets

Yes, a doctor confirmed this. Higher the wallet worst the effect.

5. heathah

heathah Loaded Pockets

I had problems with my hip as early as my junior/senior year in high school and the doc attributed it to a fat wallet (it was a combination of this and sports). I've carried a front pocket wallet ever since with no problems at all.

Heath

6. phill

phill Loaded Pockets

Reminds me of the classic Seinfeld where Costanza has to balance out his wallet with a stack of napkins.

Ive always preferred front pocket carry as it seems more natural (to me) and more secure but yeah, ive heard about having a thick wallet in your back pocket causing problems with your spine and nerves. Its one of the reasons i dont like carrying anything but loose change in my rear pockets, im already overweight and dont need anything else screwing up my spine, lol.

7. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

After talking with my chiropractor I stopped carrying my wallet, or anything else for that matter, in my bat pockets. I have found that I have way less back and leg pain now, especially after driving for any length of time.

8. InspektorGadget

InspektorGadget Loaded Pockets

For about 5 years I was having back pain on and off fairly regularly. Some of it was so bad I would be afraid to move. Nearly 2 years ago I started wearing a neck wallet and gradually the pain ceased. Nowadays I have no pain although getting to my debit card or license requires me to unbutton my shirt.

9. phill

phill Loaded Pockets

Thats gotta lead to some awkward moments at the till in shops or at ht ebar :)

10. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

Thanks guys. Wow, a lot of you are fairly young, I guess I lucked out in my youth about back problems like this. Wife still has it (about 2-3 weeks now).