1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

School me on nato straps

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Evil D, May 13, 2015.

1. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

Well, I kinda got away from the Nato style and more into the Zulu style. I orderd three of the "Mil Spec" straps that have a loop of nylon instead of metal rings to tuck the band under, but I had to order from County Comm because BroadArrow were out of stock. Man, CC take for flippin ever to ship! Two weeks just to get 3 straps in the mail that will likely come in a standard envelope that'll fit in my mailbox. I order a knife from other vendors and have it in 3-4 business days.

moostapha likes this.
  2. Puinsai
    • In Omnia Paratus

Puinsai Loaded Pockets

3. sap

sap Loaded Pockets

Corvus? I think. The company is no more because the owner got jammed up for some heinous activities from what I've read. Shame he turned out to be a $*@t head. They made excellent straps.

4. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

Finally got my order from County Comm. I swear they ship via Pony Express. Two weeks to get one small envelope with 3 watch bands in it. :rolleyes_revamped:

But, here they are, and they're pretty freakin nice. So far I definitely prefer the nylon loop vs. the metal loops. I know the metal loops are part of the allure of these bands, but I do a lot of typing and with the way I wear the buckle on the bottom of my wrist, they clang around on the desk too much. This is a much more soft feeling and lower profile.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm curious about the olive strap though...the seams aren't stitched, and the buckle doesn't say Maratac on it like the others. Everything else seems identical, but why would Maratac choose to not stitch seams on one color and then not etch their name on the buckle? Could I have gotten a fake?

5. hotworms

hotworms Loaded Pockets

Evil D. What is that watch. Nice looking, simple.

6. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

7. Puinsai
    • In Omnia Paratus

Puinsai Loaded Pockets

8. Hertz33

Hertz33 EDC Junkie!!!

I enjoy the Zulu for my 007. It's like a brand new watch. Already ordered some more colors...

[​IMG]

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

F.Todd, EXCALIBUR and Puinsai like this.
  9. Puinsai
    • In Omnia Paratus

Puinsai Loaded Pockets

10. Puinsai
    • In Omnia Paratus

Puinsai Loaded Pockets

11. pointoflight

pointoflight Loaded Pockets

Love Natos....at first I bought some that were like 10 bucks a piece. Then found basically the same ones for $2.99 and some $1.99. They seem to work and look just like the 10 dollar ones.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. F.Todd
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

F.Todd Loaded Pockets

Not sure if it was mentioned yet but they're nice in the winter instead of a cold metal band. I guess summer too if you're in the sun a lot.

[​IMG][​IMG]

13. karlito
    • +1 Supporter

karlito Loaded Pockets

I agree. I have also bought some $3.00 natos and the quality seems to be on par with those in the $10+ range. With the possible exception of the metal hardware, I just don't know what type of metal is used in any of them - stainless steel or chrome painted tin??? The strap itself is very similar between the cheapos and pricier ones. After all it is pretty much just nylon webbing.

14. Maave

Maave Loaded Pockets

Yeah it's not my cup of tea either. I like plain non-nato nylon straps without the excess. Huge improvement over the rubber garbage on cheap Casios

15. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

I can't even wear a Casio anymore with those bands, they feel terrible to me now. These straps have ruined all other watch bands for me save for the most well broke in quality leather band. Most of the time I completely forgot I'm wearing anything at all.