1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Saw a knife used in public!

Discussion in 'Knives' started by hatchetjack, Mar 29, 2011.

1. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

No kidding....I was in Seattle Sunday morning outside the Pike Place Starbucks and a woman is walking toward me slicing then eating pieces of an apple with a small pen knife. All while on the move like it was nobody's business. I guess there are more of us around than we think.

2. Mcameron

Mcameron Loaded Pockets

the one thing ive noticed.....is that people notice "inconspicuous" actions more than "normal" ones......

....so if you dont want to draw attention to your self.....act like you are doing nothing special( and in reality, you arent doing anything special.....you should have no qualms or fears of using a knife.......its not like the police are going to beat you or people are going to panic if you use a knife to package)

3. doktorziplok

doktorziplok Loaded Pockets

and if you asked her if guns were bad, she'd probably say yes. she'd probably also call knives dangerous weapons.

4. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

No one screamed and ran away from the knife wielding woman!!!!! I'm shocked!!!{using sarcasm people} Knives are TOOLS first and foremost!!!

5. Jedi Knife

Jedi Knife Loaded Pockets

Holy crap! The fact that this surprises you, surprises me.

6. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Give it another 10 or 20 years, and the general public WILL freak out over something like that.

7. defloyd

defloyd Loaded Pockets

A knife? In public? Wielded casually by a woman? Tell me you got her number.

8. aresbykes

aresbykes Empty Pockets

hahahaha THIS!

people usually don't freak out when they see people carry knives imho, it's commonplace.

9. TheMadTrucker

TheMadTrucker Loaded Pockets

Dido

10. x98myers7

x98myers7 Loaded Pockets

perhaps you missed the police car video camera footage from, as i recall Seattle, where a man walking down the street whittling something with a knife was shot dead by an officer.

found an article
    http://downtownseattle.komonews.com/content/whittling-man-fatally-shot-police

11. Jedi Knife

Jedi Knife Loaded Pockets

Approaching a police officer with a knife after the officer has warned you to put the knife down is not a good idea. It sounds like the man was warned and had time to comply, but of course we won't get his side of the story now.

12. 01xtreme

01xtreme Loaded Pockets

According to the article I read when it happened, the man was bordering on deaf, and his back was turned when the officer approached...but we all know how accurate news articles usually are.

13. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

The SPD ruled the shooting unjustified and the Officer has since resigned. The SPD internal investigation is continuing.

14. takenaway

takenaway Loaded Pockets

If he took 5-6 shots point black that is definitely excessive. But i'm not sure if that was really the case. I-witnesses don't always remember things as they happened.

15. thenextarcher

thenextarcher Loaded Pockets

lol... sadly i have asked a girl for her number after she pulled a knife out to cut something XD...

16. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Guy sitting alone, whittling with a tiny pocket-knife or a pen-knife. Gets shot to death because the officer came along, and considered that to be unusual. Then panic set in, and he shot him to death. (And you know if it had been a large knife, they would have mentioned that!)

Unusual? . . . Unusual is how that person snuck through the sceening process and was issued a gun and a badge.

17. Mister Scribble

Mister Scribble Loaded Pockets

Sergeant Joe Friday on Dragnet never would have done that. But Dirty Harry might have. Times have changed.

18. defloyd

defloyd Loaded Pockets

Haha, 'atta boy, how'd she respond?

19. icemncmth

icemncmth Loaded Pockets

I'm an IT guy so I am around people all the time working on systems..etc. I have a small folding Old Timer knife and I can get weird looks when I pull it out to cut something. I also have a Leatherman Wave...I can whip it out to cut something and nobody blinks!! Heck some even want to look at it. The crazy part is the knife on the Wave is 1/2 longer!!!

20. mrpink

mrpink Banned

one shot is good enough. those ####### only shoot to kill. when thats not even necessary