1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

SAR Signal Tag

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Cobra 6 Actual, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

Just found that Spencer Reiter has his Blog updated with SAR Signal Tags for sale again:

http://sarglobaltool.blogspot.com/

I saw one of these here on the Forum recently, but my "search skills" must not be too good since I couldn't find the thread. I guess I really do need one of these signal tools, so I just ordered a stainless GI dog tag style one for $25 including shipping. Looks pretty high quality.

There are several kinds of dog tag tools out there, made by individuals and companies; some very functional. Anyone got a collection of them?

2. RickBlane

RickBlane Banned

3. brix

brix Loaded Pockets

This is the post your looking for: http://edcforums.com/showthread.php/40727-What-is-the-last-EDC-gadget-that-you-bought-Pics-encouraged./page321

I bought the "Dogtag" Ti/Orange G10 one (looks like he only had one of the dog tag ones left). If you plan on getting one of these do so soon, because Spencer is going back to doing his knives part time instead of full time due to his knew job. So once they are gone no telling when he might make them again.

4. Cobra 6 Actual

That's it, Brix. And, thanks both for the original posting and for this reminder. I did contact Spencer and I ordered one. He's made a new batch and for $25 including shipping, I think it's a helpful item. I have several different signal mirrors from the old military metal ones through more modern/better ones. I've read several of the reviews about them, including on Doug Ritter's website, Equipped to Survive. I'm one of these guys that always wants to "see for himself" too. So, I plan to take'em all out when Spencer's SAR Signal Tag arrives and get out in the sun to try them all out.

5. Amator

Amator Loaded Pockets

Please post a "user pic" when you receive it. The reflective tags for lanyards on that site look pretty good too.

6. Cobra 6 Actual

Hey, Amator -- I'm afraid I'm not that computer-literate and also don't have a digital camera. But, Brix did the original post, perhaps he'd be willing to post some photos. Sorry I can't accommodate your request.

7. brix

brix Loaded Pockets

Ask and you shall receive:

I got the G10 Ti dog tag and a couple of micro versions:
    [​IMG]

here is a test of the reflectiveness (or at least my best try to show the reflectiveness using my E2D)

[​IMG]

8. Cobra 6 Actual

Thanks, Brix. I'm just anticipating the delivery of mine very soon.

9. SAR

SAR Empty Pockets

Hey Guys thanks for the purchase of the Eclipse, I just made a new innovation to the device. A simple pocket clip and it adds a new dimension to the device. These have been tested around the world and currently in use by Military, Government/Civilian contractors, and the Redmond Oregon Elite "Smoke-Jumpers". The Mirror has a currently record of visibility of 15 kilometers or 9 miles and that test was done by contractors waiting for rotary wing extraction down on the tip of South Africa.

I will shoot JB a pm and get a manufacturing badge today and see how it goes.

Thanks
    SAR

10. Cobra 6 Actual

Cool, SAR -- I'm looking forward to it.

11. a175

a175 Loaded Pockets

Those little tags are awesome! I carry mine on my keys, and my dad has one he uses as a money clip. I'm lovin multi-use gear!!!