1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Sandals with low/no arches, for flat feet

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by kirbysdl, Aug 1, 2011.

1. kirbysdl
    • In Omnia Paratus

kirbysdl Loaded Pockets

So, went to REI and tried some Chacos. Now that I know how the straps adjust, the single multiloop strap design seems really ingenious. They were also low profile, light weight, and comfortable. Unfortunately, the foot beds just didn't work for me. The Unaweep wide and Updraft both had really uncomfortable pressure points. In the end, I chose another pair of Tevas. Hopefully this new pair does the trick for me.

Anyway, thanks again for all the ideas. Those bedrock guys look pretty awesome!

2. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

Luna Sandals have no arch support. I wear the Origen or Monos almost all the time.

I understand going against conventional wisdom. I used to suffer from heel pain and Plantar Fasciitis. I had tried several different recommendations, then got fed up and went the opposite direction to sandals with no support. It has been about two years without any issue.

3. kirbysdl
    • In Omnia Paratus

kirbysdl Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the recommendation! I'm currently wearing a pair of Ecco Yucatan. It has a bit of curvature to it, but it's working so far!

4. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

Glad to hear you found something. I didn’t even realize how old the thread was because it just came up in my Tapatalk.

5. kirbysdl
    • In Omnia Paratus

kirbysdl Loaded Pockets

I don't mind necroposting, 'cause good info is good info. I'll check out Luna. Thanks again!

6. Max.

Max. Loaded Pockets

I would check out the Olukai brand. My feet are somewhat flat and the Olukai Ohana provides nice support.

7. Ross2187

Ross2187 Loaded Pockets

I got the newest pair, the cairn 2, the molded ones. Wife and I love them! She was a huge chaco fan and is a convert, and I love them so much more than chaco's a they are much lighter and flatter. The arch support on chaco's was too much in the long haul for me. I still love my rainbow's, but bedrocks are darn fine.

8. Jean

Jean Loaded Pockets

I made a pair of xero sandals from their kit and have flat/collapsed arches and other foot problems. Simple is best.