1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

San Antonio

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Wfs29223, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Wfs29223

Wfs29223 Loaded Pockets

Hi all. US Army soldier here coming to San Antonio which I will be stationed at Fort Sam Houston. I'm trying to link up wit some folks there who have the same interests as myself. I don't know the area all that well and am also trying to find new and exciting places to explore. The kind of places I am talking about are the kind that are off the beaten path. Plus would love to find people or groups that maybe meet for coffee or breakfast on the weekend and discuss our hobbies. My hobbies are mainly outdoors, knives, guns, and pretty much dealing with a survival situation.

Hope to hear from some people real soon.

Nick4305 likes this.
  2. Lou_G

Lou_G Banned

:wavespin:

Welcome from Portland, Oregon! Thank you for your service!

Wfs29223 likes this.
  3. beast

beast EDC Junkie

I'm in Houston but I frequently travel to the San Antonio area for some weekend fun. I prefer the Frio River area about an hour West of San Antonio if you prefer a more secluded area. I usually stay in the Leakey Tx area and swim in the river, camp, hike, and spend beautiful evenings aroud a camp fire for an awesome night time view of all the stars. Amazing views at night in the hill country. Hope this helps and thank you for your service!

4. Wfs29223

Wfs29223 Loaded Pockets

Thanks guys. And its a pleasure serving our country. Looks like I'm going to be getting some wheel time exploring TX.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

Nick4305 likes this.
  5. Hi-up Lineman
    • In Omnia Paratus

Hi-up Lineman Loaded Pockets

Gonzales Texas, Oct 3rd, 4th, and 5th. Come and Take It celebration. The birthplace of Texas Freedom. If you're into history , this is the place to start in Texas. Next is Washington on the Brazos. When you've taken all that in, Google "Black Bean Lottery" There is a monument in LaGrange saluting the 17.
    These are just three of the events that helped lead to the formation of this awesome State of Texas !

While you're in S.A., take a trip down to El Mercado/Mi Teirra on a Saturday afternoon. Great crowd, food, and entertainment. If you enjoy cold adult beverages, there are those as well. Be sure to look for the Mexican Elvis. He is there to entertain!

6. SurvivePenna
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

SurvivePenna EDC Junkie!!!!!

:wavespin: Hello and welcome to EDCF !!!! :) Glad that you found us...enjoy the forums !

7. Montani

Montani Loaded Pockets

There are many members who have a preparedness mindset here, feel free to contribute...
    Welcome from Ohio!
    :spin: